Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638599 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.0 (12/11/2014) [0.6.5a compatible]
« Reply #3135 on: November 13, 2014, 08:15:24 AM »

1. Bounties are surprisingly not giving you tons of cash, though because of size of sector they are time- and money-consuming. Right now I'm at 140k and I'm not going anywhere.
2. Supplies everywhere >220 credits. And scarce.
3. Pirate ships are ACTUALLY useful! I have fleet of Serpent, two Hydras, Lizard, Omsk and pirate Iowa (C) and I use all of them. I wish I had more ordnance points for the last one, but it's not that important, I can do with what I have.
4. One pirate bounty tried to flee from me, lol. I've never seen that before.
5. Nexus Orbital Refinery practically can't get any metal needed and they are EXPORTING it...
6. Got cooperative with FTG. Where is their military market?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3136 on: November 13, 2014, 08:45:09 AM »

1. Bounties are surprisingly not giving you tons of cash, though because of size of sector they are time- and money-consuming. Right now I'm at 140k and I'm not going anywhere.
2. Supplies everywhere >220 credits. And scarce.
3. Pirate ships are ACTUALLY useful! I have fleet of Serpent, two Hydras, Lizard, Omsk and pirate Iowa (C) and I use all of them. I wish I had more ordnance points for the last one, but it's not that important, I can do with what I have.
4. One pirate bounty tried to flee from me, lol. I've never seen that before.
5. Nexus Orbital Refinery practically can't get any metal needed and they are EXPORTING it...
6. Got cooperative with FTG. Where is their military market?

1. bounties are generally reduced by ~half the orignal value due to overall low prices in Ironclads.
2. fixed. Issue: low supply - high demand.
3. glad you like them. Unfortunatelly these are no longer being so destinctive due to inability to disable FTG of excessively using them. Ships are still present in the game, but are no longer black+red. Just rusty-dusty as all RSF civilian ships are. I`ll eventually expand the range of ships by covering every freighter, miner, shuttle and some low-level ships of each faction.
4. when a pirate bounty is expired in vanilla - the fleet in question reverts to standard behaviour.
5. that`s good. It means that it exports 100% of what it produces. It also means that trade routes from it are well protected.
6. for now it is in Centronom at their trading hub. In the future there wont be any due to forcing FTG out of station property.

Alright, been fighting lots of fleets and I think I might have found something. I've encountered a lot of spots where enemy ships simply dont put up their shields, letting me plaster them with shots as I wish.

Looked around for what might be in common between ships and it seems like this happens a lot with ships that have very low flux capacities (like the Skullcrusher).

EDIT: Also, the Particle Pulse Cannon description states that it fires three shots, but it fires four.

AI in Starsector can deliberately lower shields or even avoid raising them if the shot will overload it and it has enough armour to handle the hit. When it has low armour and low hull it will prefer overload over being blasted (eventually leading to them still being blasted).

PPC fixed. Thanks.

Two questions:
- will we see this beauties in campaign?
- will some of them have some shootas and boltas attached?

Here take a look at them in campaign:

Spoiler

[close]

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: November 13, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »

AI in Starsector can deliberately lower shields or even avoid raising them if the shot will overload it and it has enough armour to handle the hit. When it has low armour and low hull it will prefer overload over being blasted (eventually leading to them still being blasted).

Ah, yeah, but this is without them having any flux at all, and without them being damaged. I'm simply able to smash their face in with my Charged Boltguns at near-max range, and theyre just not bringing up their shields.
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3138 on: November 13, 2014, 09:06:26 AM »

Ah, near-max is a completelly different issue. What weapons do you get this issue with? There are probably some wrong range values that AI picks.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3139 on: November 13, 2014, 09:16:09 AM »

Small progress update.

1. well, your initial economy feedback forced me to readjust some markets, conditions and commodities. Got something more stable as a result.
2. removed food shortages as events. They made things too uncontrollable and unbalanced.
3. replaced new ship skin`s sprites with new ones that follow the overall civilian-style. Some ships retain their black-red paintings, but these are just few of the whole list. This is due to FTG being too liberate at using the pirate ship roles for their own fleets (vanilla-script).
4. removed FTG stations. They were pointless and just allowed for exploits to be present in campaign (different supply/demands with huge and exploitable price differences). Now they at least look as the majority of the ships.
5. joined all stations with planets which they orbit in order to prevent exploits.
6. added two market conditions for several colonies in the game - Unhealthy Conditions and Luxury Demand. Guess you understand what these demand?
7. created a set of station sprites for RSF faction. Reintroduced abandoned stations, station wrecks and asteroid clusters. Currently only abandoned stations are interactable.
8. working on reimplementing mining and mining-related skills, stuff and etc.

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: November 13, 2014, 09:29:47 AM »

Ah, near-max is a completelly different issue. What weapons do you get this issue with? There are probably some wrong range values that AI picks.

So far its been the Charged Boltgun, the Piranha launcher, and the Alien Beam (Which, for some reason, I can find rarely at sale on some random station black markets). I'm not a fan of ballistic weapons, so I havent touched a lot of the XXXmm Cannons, but I'll get to testing that later.

By the way, some of the torpedoes/missiles, like the Club Torpedo, have a ridiculously short range. What's been happening to me is that I'd fire a Club, watch it accelerate for like, two seconds, flameout from lack of fuel, and almost immediately disappear, total travelling like 600 units.
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: November 13, 2014, 12:55:38 PM »

1. Kaliningrad is still refered as sword in it's description. Same goes with Rostov-C.
2. Skull Crusher and Skullcrusher (C) are different ships... What the hell. Same goes with the rest of special pirate destroyers.
3. The market I've mentioned before had 98% of demand not met by local stockpiles and 2% were exported because of something.
4. Patrols are overly effective... They are destroying outdated bounties almost immediately (and they are messing with current ones).
5. What I meant with pirate ships (which lost their cool skins ;_;) was, they are changed, but they aren't handicapped (probably). Each ship's main properties remain (so ISA's piratey ships still have effective shields and reactor, XLE are rocketey and irritating and fast and so on). Overburner on Iowa doesn't even bother me. They are clearly way more better than "deffective-and-worse" piratey ships of vanilla and thus capturing them is something to consider.
5.5. JUST GOT OVERLOADED BY 23 MM GUN OF LIGHT ROSTOV (C) xD
6. Barnard Guard Station has stability of two...
7. It's not new, but power armor is really nice to mount on Omsk and watch him take two times more than his armor is and carry on fightin'. :)
8. Reports indicate that there actually is high pirate activity... But I can't see it really... I mean, they are numerous only around their hideouts and besides that they aren't such a threat... They can be easily avoided... But AI probably doesn't do so.
9. Mentioned supplies before? You must buy them everywhere to get >100 of them (I have fleet consisted of Serpent, Iowa (C), 2 Hydras, Omsk and Lizard, resulting in 16 supplies per deployment and 0,7 per day). They are mostly found in amount of 20-60 tonnes, which is  somewhat enough for a few bounties, but not for long. Also, they even aren't on every black market!
10. Found this. I don't know, what this is and I can't interact with it. Also it moves like it was on the same plane as the fleets are.
11. Only FTG posts bounties.
12. If FTG was something like trade-controlling space mafia it would make sense for them to have pirate ships... :P
13. Beautiful picture of Gladisar.

sigi87

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: November 13, 2014, 01:04:25 PM »

please forgive me for beein so blunt, but how do I play this? I am not a really player and just want tp blow up some ships -.- can someone give me a hint how to play this mod? I would like to play the UIN.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: November 13, 2014, 01:17:30 PM »

Since UIN starting ship is pretty bad, I propose you to start as someone else (for example, XLE. Hydra is decent starting frigate) and then go to UIN space and start doing bounties or hunt 2-3 ship pirate fleets, they aren't as dangerous as they look. But beware of overloads...

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: November 13, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »

2. Skull Crusher and Skullcrusher (C) are different ships... What the hell. Same goes with the rest of special pirate destroyers.
Yea, so are the "degraded" ships in vanilla.  The Skull Crusher is like the Enforcer and the Skull Crusher (C) is like the Enforcer (D) - one is slighty weaker version of the other.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: November 13, 2014, 01:29:36 PM »

Yea, so are the "degraded" ships in vanilla.  The Skull Crusher is like the Enforcer and the Skull Crusher (C) is like the Enforcer (D) - one is slighty weaker version of the other.
But Skull Crusher is already heavily modified version of Kaliningrad... It's just strange that pirate converted ship has it's pirate (C) version...

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3146 on: November 13, 2014, 01:30:31 PM »

Hm. Originals are not supposed to be in the mod - only the skins.

EDITED: hm. I forgot to remove the original ships from the indies, so that`s why they are there.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:40:41 PM by Okim »

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: November 13, 2014, 02:22:09 PM »

The Comm Relays still refer to the domain in their description.

Also it's strange that some of the pirate variants are better than their base ships, like the Rostov-E.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3148 on: November 13, 2014, 03:03:58 PM »

First. They are not pirate. They are custom-built (at least now in current dev-version). Who did these customisations, when and why - is unknown. Most probably a group of privateers did to meet their demands or smugglers or other guys skilled and crafty enough. Not just pirates.

Secondly - stop comparing Ironclads with vanilla... You `ont go far if you wont stop looking at the mod from vanilla`s persective. Pirates in vanilla use trash. Vanilla has trash ships. Ironclads has no such ships, but has a primitive civilian-class warships and standard military ships. Now the mod has customised versions of these ships which has in-built problems with some stuff. Not critical, but still negative.

As for relays - fixed, i guess.

Lord0Trade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: November 13, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »

Hey Okim, I've been trying to edit the vmparams file to change the -Xmx1024 to -Xmx2048 but I keep having either just the code itself come up or it saying "error reading vmparams file. See the screenshot below. I've tried notepad, wordpad. Nothing seems to work.

Note: in the screenshot the Xmx1024 was when I tried to change it back. I did not do editing of spacing or anything like that.

I believe the first "Xmx" is supposed to be "Xms".

That specific part for me is this:
Code
-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m

Thanks buggering buckets mate. Launching via the bat worked for me!

Also, I wasn't able to run my game with the standard launcher after I changed it to that.  I just use the .bat file in starsector-core now - just as good, and I changed it to use my own Java file instead of the one used by the game.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 281