Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638670 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.5 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2145 on: October 31, 2013, 02:40:02 AM »

ISA Illinois prototype destroyer.

2 large energy hardpoints, 3 medium energy mounts, small energy mounts. Phase teleporter, built-in 'Energy absorbers', extreme maneuverability.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:43:37 AM by Okim »

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: October 31, 2013, 03:31:50 AM »

A destroyer with two large hard points? Okay, things are getting a little crazy, me likey! 8)
 So how many prototype ships are you going to add per faction?
 One of each category? And how are they against hybrid ships?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2147 on: October 31, 2013, 03:50:33 AM »

A destroyer with two large hard points? Okay, things are getting a little crazy, me likey! 8)
 So how many prototype ships are you going to add per faction?
 One of each category? And how are they against hybrid ships?

They are hybrid ships. There is only 1 per faction.

And the fact that you get them only for Alien-Techs (which you can get only for killing AI/Aliens) kinda balances their extreme power.

BTW, there are standard destroyers in the mod that have large mounts. In fact there are even frigates with large mounts present in the mod, so these prototypes add no craziness to the game :)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2148 on: October 31, 2013, 08:27:41 AM »

A couple of new screenshots:

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: October 31, 2013, 12:36:41 PM »

Oh, so this is one of the hybrids, I was confused by the prototype part and how you said you were going to add prototype fleets around research stations, so I thought you were going to make an entire tier of said ships.
 And of course I forgot about the Bulgaria variants.....

DieselPower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: October 31, 2013, 01:00:01 PM »

Hello

I have a character up to level 46 with over 30 million and still enjoy playing v6.5. Really shows that there is some great content within this mod. I have been trying out various ship and ship load outs thank to new hull mods and awesome weapons. Your ship designs are fantastic with their weapon arches that resemble much of real world warship design. I have a difficult time playing vanilla now, I just don't care for the ships at all.

Some suggests/questions

-I miss my old Michigan battleship of the older mod versions with its universal (beam is my fav) weapon mounts. I was wondering if its possible to be able to change the mount type (energy,ballistic,missile,and universal) using in game resources like low/high/alien/etc tech and the refit hangers to swap out the mount types. This could also be tied to an engineering skill and keep the mount size to what you set for some balancing. I don't know if this is possible to mod in but it could be fun, but would probably overpower the player even more so.

-Chain blaster is awesome to watch in action but my goodness it eats up my flux. Any chance you may take a look at this weapon?

-Particle Beam a medium energy weapon that does not deal energy based damage. Would love to know your thoughts on this.

-Sliders are awesome but have a draw back since there is no hard cap on inventory. I have over 30 million on me at all times trying to get the slider in the right spot so i don't go over my cargo soft cap, what a pain. Would love to know why Alex didn't put a hard cap on this. Hopefully this new banking system in 6.6 you mention can remedy some of my pain.

-Galaxy map with info on star systems much like your hyperspace (small map), simple icons make a difference. Could also fix another issue I run into see post below. Probably a Alex job though.

-Abandoned Stations are a nice and all, but would it be possible to change the name from abandoned to players station once you take ownership? I have a crappy memory and often forget where I left my junk at.

-Any chance of adding something like Uomoz's random fleet generator for some added end game brutal fleet battles?

Well that's some of the stuff that I can remember. I'll write back again once I remember/play some more. Looking forward to future updates as always. Guess I may have to learn to mod a mod to get my old Michigan back.  ;)

Best regards, DieselPower.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2151 on: October 31, 2013, 01:20:20 PM »

-I miss my old Michigan battleship of the older mod versions with its universal (beam is my fav) weapon mounts. I was wondering if its possible to be able to change the mount type (energy,ballistic,missile,and universal) using in game resources like low/high/alien/etc tech and the refit hangers to swap out the mount types. This could also be tied to an engineering skill and keep the mount size to what you set for some balancing. I don't know if this is possible to mod in but it could be fun, but would probably overpower the player even more so.

You can do that, but it means that there must be at least one extra copy of Michigan hull file that has universal mounts to convert to. And i really don`t want to add it.

-Chain blaster is awesome to watch in action but my goodness it eats up my flux. Any chance you may take a look at this weapon?

Will have a look.

-Particle Beam a medium energy weapon that does not deal energy based damage. Would love to know your thoughts on this.

Because its a particle weapon and all particle weapons in the game deal kinetic damage type. Its a good sniper weapons to take out shields and lightly armoured targets.

-Sliders are awesome but have a draw back since there is no hard cap on inventory. I have over 30 million on me at all times trying to get the slider in the right spot so i don't go over my cargo soft cap, what a pain. Would love to know why Alex didn't put a hard cap on this. Hopefully this new banking system in 6.6 you mention can remedy some of my pain.

Yeah, hard cap would be great. I think i can do that for 6.6. Its possible to put a check 'if player_credits/price is more than 1000 -> set max value to 1000'.

-Galaxy map with info on star systems much like your hyperspace (small map), simple icons make a difference. Could also fix another issue I run into see post below. Probably a Alex job though.

You mean an image lying somewhere in the mod`s folder? Or some kind of large map in the game? The later is impossible.

-Abandoned Stations are a nice and all, but would it be possible to change the name from abandoned to players station once you take ownership? I have a crappy memory and often forget where I left my junk at.

Impossible to do that. Engine currently does not support renaming entities.

-Any chance of adding something like Uomoz's random fleet generator for some added end game brutal fleet battles?

Don`t know what you are talking about, but larger 400+ fleets are planned to be introduced at some point (in fact there is a possibility to create a fleet of a specific size based on player`s level, say - 20*player level. In your case it would be a huge 920 uber fleet). Will see to it, but not in 6.6.

Well that's some of the stuff that I can remember. I'll write back again once I remember/play some more. Looking forward to future updates as always. Guess I may have to learn to mod a mod to get my old Michigan back.  ;)

Thanks. It was actually helpful. Speaking of Michigan - you can open its hull file in notepad and edit its mounts manually. Just make sure you make a copy of it somewhere where it wont be overwritten. Adn don`t touch mount names.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2152 on: October 31, 2013, 01:22:44 PM »

I`m planning to do a journal of sorts that will contain various data including abandoned stations locations, both just encountered and reactivated.

DieselPower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: October 31, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »

Hello

-About changing the weapon mount types, meant to have that option for all ships. Would be pretty sweet, but sounds like a lot of work for a feature once explained. Not sure I made it clear, as I usually don't participate in forums much. More of a lurker. :)

-Galaxy map, should of said while in hyperspace travel map. I kinda failed on explaining this part. Being able to mouse over a solar system and see a menu (should be possible to add whats in a solar system in the systems description) or just some simple icons on the galaxy map (tab button) showing whats in that system. Could possibly show if the sector has been explored/unexplored, what stations are present. I am aware of the map that you have displayed on your hyper space menu with the handy icons. I just was hoping for something bigger or intuitive on the galaxy map. This maybe more of a vanilla feature than on your end.

-Industry Skills. I forgot to mention how great it was to see this research slot with something in it. Hats off to you for breaking the mold on the 5,10 level buffs. I was surprised when I got a trade buff at 3.

-Uber Fleets. Should be interesting to see how the fleets scale with the characters level. Right now I have a single Michigan and two of pretty much every fighter around except XLE as they kinda bail (CR issues I guess) during combat a lot for some reason. My Michigan (Nimbus, ya ya I know too much Futurama) is a 4 flight deck battlecarrier and mostly supports the fighters with the only real combat with cruisers and up. I eat through 500 supplies like nothing after a battle. CR needs some loving but, meh whatever.

-I find the Advanced Sensor hull mod pricey at 48op for capital ships, not sure if others would agree.  

-Oh my Alien Missile Pods are awesome and shouldn't be allowed in my hands ;D. Only level 5 missile buff and they destroy everything, may need a look at. Couldn't imagine level 10 (50% damage buff), but I will experience it shortly :).

EDIT: Journal sounds handy and could be a great way to keep track of things, and things to come.

About changing the mount types manually.
-Make a back up firstly.
-I make a copy of the ship file in the hull folder.
-Change the mounts to "UNIVERSAL" save and replace the file in Ironclads folder.
This should be save game compatible? but don't revert back to a save with different weapons installed if I run vanilla Ironclads again?

Thanks for the info Okim

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:42:00 PM by DieselPower »

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: October 31, 2013, 06:18:49 PM »

... something like Uomoz's random fleet generator...
*cough*Apophis was 1'st*cough*
sorry, i couldn't help it

& Okim, you did HELL of a great job
its not about all those ships, but the whole bunch of new options , you show that there is far more to do then just a fight or buy/sell
so i will stand up now &  i will start hitting my open hand with my other hand
Spoiler
[close]
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

DieselPower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: October 31, 2013, 08:05:01 PM »

My apologies to Apophis, my ignorance knows no bounds. Thanks for the info theSONY. I remember his weapon pack mod, good stuff (large pilum launcher ftw ;D).

Bug?
-XLE Viper fighter has two hull mods and they are both armoured drives.

Love the look of the Crimson Raiders chase frigate. Sharp pitchfork design with sweet looking red segmented armour plates, and fast to boot. Would love to see more of these guys ship line up one day. But until then I'll settle with some prototype ships. Thanks by the way. :)

Anyone else see ghosts and zombies hanging around their front doors? I don't remember zombies eating doritos, I know zombie flicks are getting weak, but damn.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:38:08 PM by DieselPower »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2156 on: October 31, 2013, 11:17:46 PM »

-About changing the weapon mount types, meant to have that option for all ships. Would be pretty sweet, but sounds like a lot of work for a feature once explained. Not sure I made it clear, as I usually don't participate in forums much. More of a lurker. :)

All ships? That`s another 100+ ship files with just a couple of mount changes.

-Galaxy map, should of said while in hyperspace travel map. I kinda failed on explaining this part. Being able to mouse over a solar system and see a menu (should be possible to add whats in a solar system in the systems description) or just some simple icons on the galaxy map (tab button) showing whats in that system. Could possibly show if the sector has been explored/unexplored, what stations are present. I am aware of the map that you have displayed on your hyper space menu with the handy icons. I just was hoping for something bigger or intuitive on the galaxy map. This maybe more of a vanilla feature than on your end.

This belongs to suggestions forum for the core game. You should actually post it there and see if Alex is planning something like that for the game in the future.

-Industry Skills. I forgot to mention how great it was to see this research slot with something in it. Hats off to you for breaking the mold on the 5,10 level buffs. I was surprised when I got a trade buff at 3.

Research slot? You mean affinity slot? There is already a new skill in there - salvaging. And at some point i`ll add there some kind of of skill that unlocks various outposts and gives bonuses to them.

-Uber Fleets. Should be interesting to see how the fleets scale with the characters level. Right now I have a single Michigan and two of pretty much every fighter around except XLE as they kinda bail (CR issues I guess) during combat a lot for some reason. My Michigan (Nimbus, ya ya I know too much Futurama) is a 4 flight deck battlecarrier and mostly supports the fighters with the only real combat with cruisers and up. I eat through 500 supplies like nothing after a battle. CR needs some loving but, meh whatever.

CR will get some 'love' in core 6.2 update. We`ll see how different the game will become after that.

-I find the Advanced Sensor hull mod pricey at 48op for capital ships, not sure if others would agree.

Being able to see twice your normal range and thus giving orders, picking targets for LRMs, using devastator drones - it costs it.

-Oh my Alien Missile Pods are awesome and shouldn't be allowed in my hands ;D. Only level 5 missile buff and they destroy everything, may need a look at. Couldn't imagine level 10 (50% damage buff), but I will experience it shortly :).

Thats an alien missile. It should be alien in all its parts including its overpowered features :)

EDIT: Journal sounds handy and could be a great way to keep track of things, and things to come.

Yeah, but its a hell lot of work to do.

About changing the mount types manually.
-Make a back up firstly.
-I make a copy of the ship file in the hull folder.
-Change the mounts to "UNIVERSAL" save and replace the file in Ironclads folder.
This should be save game compatible? but don't revert back to a save with different weapons installed if I run vanilla Ironclads again?

Backup should not be present in the original folder as any other copies. Just save it somewhere where the game wont see it.
Save compatible as long as you don`t mess with mount names. Even if there are other weapons installed the game wont say anything.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2157 on: October 31, 2013, 11:21:03 PM »

... something like Uomoz's random fleet generator...
*cough*Apophis was 1'st*cough*
sorry, i couldn't help it

& Okim, you did HELL of a great job
its not about all those ships, but the whole bunch of new options , you show that there is far more to do then just a fight or buy/sell
so i will stand up now &  i will start hitting my open hand with my other hand
Spoiler
[close]

Thanks!

I liked the part with open hands :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:43:24 PM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2158 on: October 31, 2013, 11:23:43 PM »

Bug?
-XLE Viper fighter has two hull mods and they are both armoured drives.
Bug. Turned out to be with all XLE fighters. Fixed.

Love the look of the Crimson Raiders chase frigate. Sharp pitchfork design with sweet looking red segmented armour plates, and fast to boot. Would love to see more of these guys ship line up one day. But until then I'll settle with some prototype ships. Thanks by the way. :)

There will be a transport for them and a frigate based on Hydra hull. But they are the lowest priority for now (as do other possible pirate differentiations).

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2159 on: November 01, 2013, 12:16:13 AM »

InterStellar Banking System is glad to announce that its offices are now open for private businessmen. You can get a loan or get access to your international account at any Financial Center in any factions` space!

Had to harass Alex for various persistent data issues i got while working on loan/account systems. This man is a true etalon of patience and support! ;)

This also brings me one step closer to realisation of Journal system. While i work on other pressing matters of the mod - i`d like you to list what data you would like to be present in that journal. This will let me to start putting data collectors right now to make it possible to save player`s actions and achievements when 6.6 is released.

For now i plan this journal to collect following data:
1. faction ships killed (in FP)
2. resources mined
3. stations reactivated (not just numbers, but also locations)
4. wrecks salvaged (the same)
5. credits got for trading
6. ships lost (in FP)
7. stations hacked
8. current loan/account data with locations of Financial centers
9. check on fuel/supplies/days needed to get from current location to destination (tricky, but feasible)
10. relationship with all factions and subfactions
11. storage facilities that have your cargo (possibly even with simple listing of what is stored there like S:100, F:230, C:123, other: 100500, ships/wings: 1).
12. surveyed asteroid fields and their deposits
13. explored planets
14. might even put in it all the unmodified (or even modified) prices of all stations (probably the best way would be to unlock it by visiting them)
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 281