Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638665 times)

KAPbl4

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 6.4 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2010 on: October 18, 2013, 10:54:38 AM »

Short shield+ use it like a weapon= Energy Axe  :D ;D ;) :)

Indeed. Main close combat weapon of Neutrino ships - now in Ironclads ;D

Quote from: GGMC
I Killed a rock fly and got 6 eggs and 8 organs and on
IM RICH (First reaction)
Now What to buy....
Or Steal..........................
Or Kill for More weapons because no godamn store has any anymore
Or Just buy......

Just join any military
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:56:41 AM by KAPbl4 »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2011 on: October 18, 2013, 11:21:21 AM »

Yeah, join any military. Or join pirates for more fun (everyone will be very angry with you).

Military gives access to advanced toys and ships, pirates provide limited access to mentioned toys and ships.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2012 on: October 18, 2013, 11:26:27 AM »

I`m currently trying to wire in sliders for trading. This will allow you to buy whatever you wish ranging from 1 unit to 'your credits/price of the given resources' units.

BUT! Every cool system has its freaking BUTS... Here what happens with 4 buy/sell slider options on one screen: large pic here

There are no scrollbars in dialogue options (unless i found no way to add them), so the abundance of various options will overlap the GUI like on that pic.

I currently have only one idea how to fix it - leave the sell options as they are now (just one stroke-option that sells all of your stuff). This way the option on the bottom will exactly fit the screen without any stupid overlaps.

The other problem with using sliders - is that it does not show you the exact cost of all the resources you are going to buy.

And the third issue - each slider must have its own option ('buy that') in order to work properly.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 11:31:02 AM by Okim »

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: October 18, 2013, 11:28:43 AM »

Get on skype okim :D
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2014 on: October 18, 2013, 01:01:41 PM »

Huh, its a bit late here locally :)

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: October 18, 2013, 02:20:49 PM »

Yeah, but i think i did smth wrong with it - i don`t see fighter hulls at all now  ???

That's not that bad really. It makes fighting fighters less of a crapshoot because they can't turn into 1k damage missiles randomly (especially when the hulk spawns on top of your ship because they don't have collision while alive).

It does mean some of the fighters might need a buff since on the whole they'll just be less effective in combat than they used to without the huge unintended damage spikes.

Sarolveldruk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: October 18, 2013, 09:40:20 PM »

I'm having a bit of trouble with this mod. The game seems to crash whenever I try to engage a fleet or mine an asteroid, and those may not be the only things that trigger it. I started out as a freight pilot, amassing a considerable fortune through trading alone (which I have been enjoying thoroughly). Then I got bored and cobbled together some combat ships and tried engaging the Black Widow pirates but then the aforementioned occurred.

I get a number of messages that point out the error, like this one:

I would offer more information, but I don't know what else to provide or where to find this 'Starsector.log' file.

I was being silly and forgot to update the game to the latest-latest version. Woops.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:57:52 PM by Sarolveldruk »

NoImageAvailable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: October 18, 2013, 11:45:54 PM »

It does mean some of the fighters might need a buff since on the whole they'll just be less effective in combat than they used to without the huge unintended damage spikes.

I'm pretty sure fighters are fine, considering the way Sukhois obliterate everything that isn't a cruiser or battleship. The Tupolevs on the other hand...

valdukin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: October 19, 2013, 06:44:53 AM »

Hi I'm new to this mod (and game!) I'm having problems loading a save I made yesterday. It starts to load save, then starts freezing and eventually comes up with an error saying something about compatibility, but I am currently using the most recent version of mod and game, from which the save was made. The error tells me to check logs but the logs are empty. Can somebody help?

I think it may have to do with changing the vmparams as stated in the OP, but cant find the file I need to edit. If this is the problem can someone give me baby steps in finding it? thanks for any help and great game and mod cant wait to see where it goes!

ps sorry if this fix is stated else where tried searching the forum for it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2019 on: October 19, 2013, 07:11:00 AM »

Welcome to the forums.

Please re-read the OP. Especially the part for Mac users.

valdukin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: October 19, 2013, 07:23:55 AM »

Thanks for the help, cant believe I missed that bit ;)

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: October 19, 2013, 09:39:13 AM »

I'm pretty sure fighters are fine, considering the way Sukhois obliterate everything that isn't a cruiser or battleship. The Tupolevs on the other hand...

The heavier bomber style fighters yeah - but things like the basic machinegun + 1-shot anti-fighter missile Russian squadron are far less potent than they used to be. And certainly not 3-supplies-a-day (which also means 3 logistic slots) good.

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: October 19, 2013, 10:37:52 AM »

bug report.

the nexus trading station does not want to buy my exotic minerals even though it says it buys them.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2023 on: October 19, 2013, 12:16:03 PM »

Thanks, will see to it.

So, i got no comments on this post:

I`m currently trying to wire in sliders for trading. This will allow you to buy whatever you wish ranging from 1 unit to 'your credits/price of the given resources' units.

BUT! Every cool system has its freaking BUTS... Here what happens with 4 buy/sell slider options on one screen: large pic here

There are no scrollbars in dialogue options (unless i found no way to add them), so the abundance of various options will overlap the GUI like on that pic.

I currently have only one idea how to fix it - leave the sell options as they are now (just one stroke-option that sells all of your stuff). This way the option on the bottom will exactly fit the screen without any stupid overlaps.

The other problem with using sliders - is that it does not show you the exact cost of all the resources you are going to buy.

And the third issue - each slider must have its own option ('buy that') in order to work properly.

I`m going to switch the whole trading system to these selectors. Currently i have 3 ways which i want to do that:

1. once you enter trading dialogue you`ll get just options to buy and sell. By clicking on any option you`ll be moved to a screen that contains selector only for that specific resource. It will check your credits and put a max value for the selector depending on it. Clicking on buy will accomplish transaction and move you back to trading dialogue. This is a ONE-EXTRA-CLICK method.

2. put all selectors in one menu with corresponding buy options for each (how it is shown on that screenshot). Selecting the value and clicking 'buy' will make a transaction and update the menu. The problem with this one is that i`ll be forced to make all sell options like they are now to free some space for the dialogue options (sell all amount of resource that you have in cargo). This is a ONE-LIST method.

3. This method limits the amount of trade options by 3 per each station (currently most of them have 4). This means that i`ll have to make more diverse trading system with some mining facilities selling 2/3 mineral types and factories producing/buying one less position. This is a 3-OPTIONS method.

I`ll collect your votes before the next week end and will start putting in the method that got the most votes (btw, what`s wrong with the poll system of this forum? Can`t find it...)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:19:21 PM by Okim »

Blade Skydancer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: October 19, 2013, 03:10:58 PM »

I think the simple "buy" and "sell" menues will work best, myself. I don't mind one simple extra click to make way for buying hordes of things, or to be able to sell my entire cargo hold at once. The sliders are going to be a massive time saver that one extra click won't do anything to, really.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 281