Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Terminator Drone/Floating damage text bug  (Read 1959 times)

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Terminator Drone/Floating damage text bug
« on: September 07, 2012, 08:46:17 PM »

When the Terminator Drone deals damage, the damage it deals doesn't produce floating damage text unless the Tempest is also attacking the target.

Haven't tested if the Tempest has to be attacking the same target as the Terminator Drone for the text to actually appear or if the Tempest can be attacking something else to make the text appear. Also haven't tested if the Tempest must be attacking the target, or if damage done by or to any other ship is sufficient to allow the drone's combat text to appear.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:50:51 PM by naufrago »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator Drone/Floating damage text bug
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:52:24 PM »

Not a bug - damage floaties only appear when your ship has directly had a hand in damaging the enemy (or when it's your ship being hit).

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 09:02:58 PM »

Not a bug - damage floaties only appear when your ship has directly had a hand in damaging the enemy (or when it's your ship being hit).

Hm. I think the reason I thought it was an issue is because it's a weapon produced by the Tempest. The distinction in my mind lies in that it's damage done by the ship's system, not a completely separate entity. I understand if you have no plans to change it, though.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 01:46:12 AM »

Oh, I was about to report this as a bug. Why cant I at least have the option to see that?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 09:33:04 AM »

Hm. I think the reason I thought it was an issue is because it's a weapon produced by the Tempest. The distinction in my mind lies in that it's damage done by the ship's system, not a completely separate entity. I understand if you have no plans to change it, though.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. It's trying to do a tricky thing - determine where the player's attention actually is at a given moment, so that it only spawns floaties there - to avoid tons of useless clutter. It obviously can't do a perfect job, but I don't think that something being shot by a drone is enough of an indicator.

Oh, I was about to report this as a bug. Why cant I at least have the option to see that?

You already do - target the ship, or shoot at it.