Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 75

Author Topic: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)  (Read 420612 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 27) (TC Mod)
« Reply #840 on: May 28, 2014, 10:30:46 AM »

Eh, make me want a GroundSector total conversion, i wonder if i could sprite some Hegemony tanks...
I made some code in that direction, but, short of Alex spending a lot of time with me on engine issues, I don't think it can be done at a reasonable level of polish.  I really would like to do a Car Wars-like game with this engine, I had most of the issues of mixing up movement types figured out, other than developing a pathfinder... but we're basically talking about a different game at that point, not just a mod.

Also, in the grimdarkness of the far future, there is only Greenpeace's space lolis.
Heh.

Very curious about this idea of draining the opponent flux to power their weapons, not sure draining that Paragon hardflux is going to be a very good idea in battle...
Well, look at it this way; if they have weapons that need lots of Flux to operate, to do horrible, horrible things to the unbelievers... they gotta get the Flux somehow, amirite? 

That, and think of their potential as shield-tanks; they'll be like the Monitor (well, this version) only they have to be aggressive to flux-tank.  I think it'll work out.

All that said, I haven't written any of it yet, let alone tried to rough-balance it, so it's all subject to sudden, arbitrary changes. 

They might not even be Space Lolis; perhaps they're really a cult of cyborg Elvis impersonators who went crazy after the Domain fell apart and the Space Lolis are their android puppets, using their devastating anime leaps to, er, leap on things ;)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 28, 2014, 01:20:44 PM »

Had an issue with a retreat mission.

The enemy team somehow deployed a slow capital ship at the top of the map. Also, my boarding wing continuously stopped moving, moved backwards while venting, then went back to retreating.

Also, they then got stuck on top of the map, bouncing off of it. Hence I got deadlocked again.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 28, 2014, 01:30:46 PM »

Great.  None of that's supposed to be happening; they should activate their Travel Drives and be able to leave.  Will look at this asap.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 28, 2014, 05:17:37 PM »

Attempted a normal retreat. Everything left, except for my command shuttle. Which was trying to board a ship already retreated, and was bouncing off the bottom. Gah, this is getting silly.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 29, 2014, 08:27:16 AM »

Yup, it's pretty badly borked atm; the issues where stuff teleports suddenly off the battlefield, for example, is driving me crazy.  Will spend some time fixing those issues when I have some time tonight :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 29, 2014, 10:34:38 AM »

Got it fixed, other than any remaining AI issues (which I will double-check) thanks to a tip from Alex :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 29, 2014, 08:16:30 PM »

OK, all of the Retreat bugs are fixed, I think. 

So are all of the bugs related to the combat border, the Shuttle, giving ships Retreat orders, bringing in reinforcements, etc.  I think they're all resolved.  Still testing; I will be thorough. 

Anything else major going on that I should fix before I get back to doing all the fun data-entry for the Gaians and testing the faction generation stuff to make sure they're working right?
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 30, 2014, 01:25:07 PM »

Will probably have time to hack out the initial offerings of the Gaians tonight, in terms of ships.  The only ship types they don't really have right now is some sort of high-end capital vessel and they don't have any fighters yet. 

The Gaians are unusually balanced towards forward-firing stuff, which ought to make them interesting to fight against :)

They've got frigates, destroyers, and a bunch of neat Cruisers.

Weapons and systems are the next stage after that.
Xeno's Mod Pack

testitalltheway

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 30, 2014, 06:54:04 PM »

Hi...
I just played your mod for hour and really loved it,

but i found some problem which made me frustrated.

1. i get into battle and all my ships is desteroyed,
after leaving the battle, the auto repair just wont work and if i want to repair my ships at station its so oh my god expensive,
i had 3 early start frigate and its  took about 10.000 unit supplies to repair them, is it normal or...?

2. also after all my 3 ship, the fleet screen always say that my ships is undercrew, i try to mothball 1 of my ships, still undercrew, mothball another one, and it just wont change, soo... what do i have to do then?

sorry for my bad english,
and im new to all this mod things.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 30, 2014, 07:04:53 PM »

1. i get into battle and all my ships is desteroyed,
after leaving the battle, the auto repair just wont work and if i want to repair my ships at station its so oh my god expensive,
i had 3 early start frigate and its  took about 10.000 unit supplies to repair them, is it normal or...?
If your ships get destroyed, it's going to be expensive to repair them, but less expensive than replacing them entirely.  That's normal.  That said, the repair-over-time feature is coming back, in a modified way, in the next build of the mod.  For now, you can only repair at Stations, so be sure to Retreat if you're in trouble :)

also after all my 3 ship, the fleet screen always say that my ships is undercrew, i try to mothball 1 of my ships, still undercrew, mothball another one, and it just wont change, soo... what do i have to do then?
This is a weird bug / issue with the Fleet screen; if you repair all your ships or change their loadouts in the Refit room, it'll go away.  I'll add that to the things to look at for the next build, though; not quite sure what causes that to happen and I'm fairly certain it doesn't actually lower the CR values for the ships even when it does, but it's confusing and will get fixed.

Xeno's Mod Pack

testitalltheway

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 30, 2014, 08:35:28 PM »

ah i see...

and about the undercrew,
yes, i think you are right, it doesn't affect the CR. my fleet move at full speed though...

its just the 'undercrew' sign confused me sometimes, whether it is or it is not...

and i'd like to say that i really like you mod, which is the only mod i found that give me achievement to get other than getting more and more ship but now i can fight to get my own station, love it man.

can't wait for the next update...
  :D

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 30, 2014, 09:25:36 PM »

Progress on the Gaians:
Xeno's Mod Pack

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 31, 2014, 05:50:10 PM »

wooo laser saws!!!

must have MOAR LAZER SAWS!!!!
Spoiler
DEATH DISCO!!!
[close]
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(a short time later)
why does my lazer saw no cut T.T WHY!!!!
Spoiler
[close]
SO SAD!!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 05:58:32 PM by dmaiski »
BISO
(WIP) lots of shiny new weapons ( :-[ i have more weapons then sprites :-[ )

i got a cat pad
its like a mouse pad but better!

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 31, 2014, 08:32:09 PM »

Heh. Laser saws are awesome, but impractical from what I've seen. They are effectively a nova-type aoe weapon, and have their power diluted rapidly at distance. I was unable to killing anything more than talons with them, although they probably tear lesser missiles from the sky like nobody's business. The graphic is extremely distracting as well.

Extending the range on it is worthless, but energy pump gives it some more destructive power. Still, you can't really get it to kill anything of note, due to it's power being too diluted.

I personally prefer meltas. Either boosted range or damage, or damage plus range focus ability. Can light-saber fighters from the sky in most cases, and slice through moderate level ships. Despite the massive DPS for a laser weapon, it still can't tear through massive ships with reasonable armor, or small ships made entirely of armor.

Draginea

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 31, 2014, 08:59:43 PM »

Are you kidding? Melters with boosted damage can take down Onslaughts with only a few bursts.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 75