Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 75

Author Topic: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)  (Read 418475 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (new 0.61a ALPHA build 6) (TC Mod)
« Reply #270 on: December 11, 2013, 11:29:18 AM »

A wild Muir appears:

Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

OhNoesBunnies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 11, 2013, 03:53:16 PM »

Ah! Cute! :3

I'm curious about something though, how do 'Blueprints' work exactly? Do you need them on your ship when building stations or...

LostInTheWired

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 12, 2013, 10:29:25 PM »

I like the updates.  Sounding pretty cool.

I'll probably set up another Vacuum game and give it another go.  I redirected the game to use the x64 jre and set it to use up to 5g.  I'm sure it'd be plenty for your mod.  Should be fun to give it a go again.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 13, 2013, 11:36:51 AM »

There's a lot in the update that's up-coming, too, although I'll be very surprised if it's done before the weekend's over.  I've tried out some whacky experiments with using animations and with AI this week, which has been fun and will add some neat stuff to the gameplay :)

However, it sucked up a little bit of the time I was going to use working on the big things- the changes I need to make to Fleet encounters and Stations.  Getting there, though, one step at a time :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 19, 2013, 10:38:26 PM »

Red Tail:

Xeno's Mod Pack

LostInTheWired

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 20, 2013, 06:14:30 AM »

Red Tail:

Well that's a neat little ship.  Makes me want to pewpew stuff.  XD

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 20, 2013, 05:10:07 PM »

Red Tail:

And just 'cause of that, you are now obligated to produce a Swordfish II-counterpart.

Complete with overpowered (but with horrendous ROF and/or flux generating) particle beam cannon.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 20, 2013, 05:47:42 PM »

Got it done several hours ago (although I think it needs a little pixel-art cleanup), but RL intervened :)

Final:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 07:25:03 AM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 21, 2013, 02:53:22 AM »

Hey Xenoargh,

I only have one negative comment to this mod and that is the initial ship for the Exigency is woefully underpowered, I can't seem to kill anything with it. Went tri-tachyon and have no problems.

Otherwise I'm having a cracking good time with this! The extra speed, the weapons, mining, random pirate attacks, tech searching etc. etc. it's all so much fun - more so than I've had with other mods in quite a while. Thank you!

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 21, 2013, 07:27:37 AM »

Yeah, I think their missiles need a buff or something.  The Yria's mainly meant to be a really annoying support vessel atm; if you fight against Exigency, they're amusing.  But as a combat vessel?  Not so much, even if you use the Repulsor Field properly. 

Sorry, there are a lot of little things like that and I usually don't find time to poke them unless I hit them in playtesting or somebody points them out :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 21, 2013, 04:38:41 PM »

Well even though the balance is different between the vanilla friendly and the Vacuum versions, the one in this total conversion is based on a anachronistic version of my mod. The newer updates have been up gunned massively with more integral weapons and new varieties of turrets.

The differences are, substantial... ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 04:42:07 PM by MesoTroniK »

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 26, 2013, 04:30:15 PM »

No worries, I've buffed them for this round.  Also found a bug in the way that the shield-piercing shots were handled that has now been fixed, which makes them rather nastier :)

Changelog for current release (still not quite done yet, but I have the day off...).

All of the ships that are big enough to bother having "vernier thrusters" now have them.  That took a while :)

PunkJunkers get the Lancer, which (ironically) was AWOL from the mod's fleets, fits their style and color nicely, and is a freighter, which they needed. 

Players now get experience based on enemy ships disabled / destroyed from the mini-game battles (asteroids, Tech-Mining).

Tech Mining can lead to much more challenging hostile encounters.

Nerfed income from mining Asteroids.

Players now pay Credits, not Supplies, to heal at Stations.  They pay roughly twice what they'd pay to fix their ships the slow way.

Players can now capture enemy Stations after having an epic Boss Battle.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Annex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 27, 2013, 09:56:34 AM »

Very impressed with this mod. Having gotten to level 30+ in vanilla, ironclads and uomoz, this mod by far is superior. I love the weapons and the sizes of enemy fleets! Only thing that seems missing (or I cant find) is a place to store excess items to save for future use. Need stations to have storage space or some abandoned stations you can take over to store stuff.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 27, 2013, 10:14:46 AM »

Glad to hear you're enjoying the mod :)

You can build Stations when you have enough Credits; simply dock with any planet and it's obvious what to do :)

Anyhow... working on a newbie-guide today, I got the Station-capturing mechanics working well last night and a lot of the little details are fixed :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

reactorcore

« Reply #284 on: December 27, 2013, 10:19:15 AM »

This TC looks really interesting, but theres one thing I'm curious about: how does the game work in terms of the player goal? Is there an ending or win-state?

(doesn't have to be necessarily one that stops you from playing once you achieve it, but atleast explicitly announces that you've defeated the challenge of building a stellar empire)

I just find a game much more satistying and motivating that clearly states whats at stake, what you can achieve and then acknowledges that achievement once you've done it, kind of like a satisfying ending you get when you beat, even if it still allows you to mess around after you've got to it.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 75