Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Space Hulk  (Read 2998 times)

sKarpunch

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Space Hulk
« on: September 13, 2012, 04:46:03 AM »

Space Hulk

A gargantuan ship, space station or orbital station which has disappeared or been disabled due to a disastrous event. Strange aliens or pirates often inhabit them due to the large amount of high value tech onboard. Some are considered mythical and only the foolish or very brave chase the hope of finding one, and surviving…

A lone ship cruised at half speed towards a system right on the edge of the known galaxy. She is battered, pitted with bullet dents and the once yellow paint scorched black by plasma burns. The name that once proudly stated “I.S.S Galactica” is now barely visible. The damage is from months of traveling through hostile and uninhabited systems alike. She appears to be a mule-class freighter, modified for mining and salvage. But this is not the truth for she has taken on a quest that is far more dangerous than mere pirates and mining.

Captain Roy Kolzaar opened his eyes for the first time in weeks and tried to piece together his thoughts, where am I? Who am I? What am I doing here? As the world rushed into focus he remembered: I am on the ship I.S.S Galactica, I am Captain Roy Kolzaar, I am in search of a legendary space hulk. A synthesized female voice interrupted his thoughts, “Good morning sir, we have arrived at our destination, you have been in statis for 8.6 mont-“
“Yes, yes,” he said groggily, “What damage have we sustained?”
“Superficial damage sir, nothing to be concerned about,”
The A.I on the ship had become much more intelligent over its 9 month journey: It had learned, become more human. The highest level of learning AI the little Tri-Tachyon man had said. He was in his personal quarters, contained in a compact cryogenic tube. “Rose?” He asked condescendingly.
“Yes sir,” The computer replied seemingly oblivious to his tone
“Open the blasted door, I’m awake now”
“Of course sir, sorry sir,”
As the slowly hissed open, and Roy stepped out.....

To be continued

notes: I'm writing this for a english horror assignment, so more will come regardless of whether or not you guys want me to ;D

sKarpunch

One should be a well of knowledge, not a fountain.-Reddit

-----------------------
END TRANSMISSION
-----------------------

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
Re: Space Hulk
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 09:52:54 AM »

This seems like a great piece of fanfiction. write more please  ;D
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."