Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2210695 times)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #825 on: January 04, 2013, 07:28:50 AM »

Those are some nice looking ships, :o vanilla balanced? Although you don't seem to have a carrier, i think with your style of ships there, the Astrakhan carrier from ironclads would be a nice sprite to base it from, since it looks like a RL modern carrier, very good work overall.

A dreadnought is simply an all big gun battleship, very few caliber variations across its guns. while remaining smaller or the same size as your average battleship

that is the correct term. if we want to be 100%, i know the difference between the 3, but in Starfarer, i doubt that the difference matters that much, or maybe it does, myself i classify my ships depending on their size and given stats, not on their role or combat strategy. ;D

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 04, 2013, 09:59:46 AM »

I would consider ships that possess the biggest hulls to be of a "Flagship" type, considering its a unique ship for their size usually used by the highest in command and used as a command ship

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 04, 2013, 10:53:02 AM »

Mmm. but flagship is not a ship classification, That is just the ship were commands are given out, any ship can be the flagship of a fleet.

the biggest "ship" hull you would find anywhere would be a Shipyard, since those have to be large enough to build even the largest ships, since you cannot build a spaceship of those sizes in space, nor on a planet because the ship you are building would be larger than an entire continent or even the planet itself.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 04, 2013, 11:47:12 AM »

the biggest "ship" hull you would find anywhere would be a Shipyard, since those have to be large enough to build even the largest ships, since you cannot build a spaceship of those sizes in space, nor on a planet because the ship you are building would be larger than an entire continent or even the planet itself.
I do not think so. Even now they build large ships like legos. They only need big cranes to put them together. It's not build out in one peace. That way autofactory do not need to be larger than ship, it's just need to be large as biggest part it can produce. And 2 "robo hands" to put it all together.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 04, 2013, 12:07:42 PM »

For some reason I've always liked that unused midline scout ship that appears in a few concept sketches, so I finished it up:

From here: http://i.imgur.com/eivEB.jpg

Could definitely be better, but I don't really care as I don't intend to actually use it. Though if anyone else wants to use it, feel free.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 04, 2013, 12:09:53 PM »

I'm taking that if you don't mind, i need another frigate for my mod, since 1 frigate ain't really enough. ;D

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 04, 2013, 01:29:33 PM »

Here are the ships of the "new" faction which will soon be part of the TL mod.
Quite some time ago i already posted some of them. But as i did colorchanges and small and or big adjusments, it seemed to make sense to post them again as a whole.

bioturrets and hardpoints will be next.

Would appreciate some C+C

Musculus-class
Capital
Spoiler
[close]

Borealis-class
Cruiser
Spoiler
[close]

Robustus-class
Destroyer
Spoiler
[close]

Orcus-class
Destroyer
Spoiler
[close]

Monodon-class
Frigate
Spoiler
[close]

Leucas-class
Frigate
Spoiler
[close]

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 04, 2013, 01:32:45 PM »

The robustus looks like some kind of helmet a demon would wear, so does the musculus, can i marry your spriting skills?

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 04, 2013, 01:53:23 PM »

The robustus looks like some kind of helmet a demon would wear, so does the musculus, can i marry your spriting skills?

Full credit for the actual sprites/artwork goes to Hyrotrioskjan from deviantart.com.
I just kitbashed them towards a general starfarer asthetic.

sini002

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 04, 2013, 04:59:22 PM »

wont the "wings" just increase the hitbox of the of the ship? (allthough it looks pretty cool)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 04, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »

You could always just have the bounds go half way the length of the wing, I personally wish there was a way for projectiles to go above/below a ship in a chance based fashion but it's pretty absolute atm.

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 05, 2013, 03:05:07 AM »

For some reason I've always liked that unused midline scout ship that appears in a few concept sketches, so I finished it up:

From here: http://i.imgur.com/eivEB.jpg

Could definitely be better, but I don't really care as I don't intend to actually use it. Though if anyone else wants to use it, feel free.
looks nice indeed, although i think he meant the middle to be much more like... a smaller version of the paragon bridge. if you know what i mean.
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 05, 2013, 03:08:57 AM »

@Thule
they look really nice, although i am curious to see them next too vanilla ships. it might look strange ,since the style is far from vanilla.

the borealis is a bit smoother than the others. it seems to have more flat area's and the colors are less harsh(dont know any other word for it), fewer contrast not as much saturation.
I think you'll need to adjust it a bit to fit the others better.

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 05, 2013, 06:49:45 AM »

Sorry.

@Max, Amazing ships, I just love the colours, kinda doesn't match the starfarer theme, but that's just because its matching your style. Can see no real bad points

@Machine, Fantastic looking first kitbashes perhaps thin the dark lines out on the Halberd's engines a bit? I don't know hehe

thanks, and you hit the jackpot....Have been feeling the samething that it's hard to mix and match the style :\
Fleet construction in progress.

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 05, 2013, 09:29:41 AM »

@max
i think the only one would might be able to help you with that is (the brilliant) xenoargh.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 482