Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2211095 times)

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #750 on: December 21, 2012, 10:28:35 PM »

turret in actual size.
Spoiler

glow
[close]

works ok but a bit less as good as expected in game...
suggestion?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:21:04 AM by maximilianyuen »
Fleet construction in progress.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 22, 2012, 04:52:51 AM »

Spoiler

The Diplomat

A converted starbase construction barge. Im not really sold on this sprite for some reason. I would appreciate any feedback I could get on it.
[close]
Left side is ok but right side is a bit odd to me. Small turrets thingy it's just... I don't know... Just...
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 22, 2012, 06:11:55 AM »

Okay, i made a new weapon, this time a large TPC turret, and it looks "to good" when compared to the ships its mounted to, how would i go about fixing this? ???
Spoiler
[close]

Okay, made some major changes, Hyph though the side panels were to big so i made them smaller. also made the rear a little more compact because it took up so much space.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 09:11:47 AM by ValkyriaL »

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 22, 2012, 09:23:10 AM »

maybe add some brownish coloring since most of your ship have such color scheme.
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 22, 2012, 09:51:24 AM »

Where do you want the brown/rust coloring? or well, where would it look best?

Dr. Death[Lexx]

• Lieutenant
  • Solar Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 22, 2012, 11:07:52 AM »

I got a ship to show but could someone please tell me how to code the spoiler button in, please? Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: Nevermind...I got it working. This thing isn't entirely finished yet but here is the Mantis Warship. Hope you folks like it. Gimme feedback as always, it's appreciated.

Spoiler
[close]

Val...your turret looks good, maybe you could use the two sideways pointing front plates and put them at the back as well? Just an option...looks really good though.

Aru...that thing reminds me of some kind of station...defensive platform or just anything in between those two. Not bad, really, I like it...try to change the colors and see how different ones fit.

maximilian...the turret shape seems great, the only thing missing is a bit of shading and some minor details...that'd be all, really.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:30:51 AM by Dr. Death[Lexx] »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 22, 2012, 11:40:30 AM »

Oh wow.... Uhm.. well how do say this.. The ship looks "to good".

Added some rust/brownish color along the edge on the front plates of the gun. also added a top edge of the plates to separate them from the mechanical parts.

Spoiler
[close]

Dr. Death[Lexx]

• Lieutenant
  • Solar Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 22, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »

I fixed the back a bit, gave it some shading for depth and added 4 small turrets. Seems almost done but I feel like there's something missing...
Spoiler
[close]

Feedback is welcome. People must be really busy lately. Holiday season, of course.

Val...I don't think that there's missing anything on the turret...maybe an entry point with some panels on the back...or something. Looks really good though, as always. I like the design of it, a lot. Great work. :)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 23, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »

For some reason i cant get this hardpoint:

showing on the cargo (sell/buy) screen,

Code
"turretSprite": "graphics/weapons/flagship_hellbore.png",
"turretGlowSprite": "graphics/weapons/flagship_hellbore.png",
"hardpointSprite": "graphics/weapons/flagship_hellbore.png",
"hardpointGlowSprite":"graphics/weapons/flagship_hellbore.png",

could anyone know why?

Dr.Death, that looks great my only problem is those front tips, i cant really tell you why, they just dont look right, might be they look like clean cuts on the hull
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:11:28 AM by silentstormpt »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 23, 2012, 09:42:23 AM »

Awesome sprite Dr.Death

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 23, 2012, 09:55:32 AM »

looks really good dr. death
maybe some completly different color added in to give it a contrast within the ship?
dont know anything else you could add to fill in the "missing" part.
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

Dr. Death[Lexx]

• Lieutenant
  • Solar Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 23, 2012, 12:21:17 PM »

@silentstormpt: Thanks a lot and I know what you mean, there's no shading there and they do look like clean cuts...first I thought it looked good but now that you mention it...I could add some small shading there so it doesn't look so clean. Btw, could it be because your last line is missing a space? Just a thought. :)

@Uomoz: Glad to hear that, it's motivating. :)

@TheHappyFace: Thanks to you too, I could try to shoot some contrast into it, the somewhat finished sprite that's waiting on my harddrive in the mod folder is already a bit darker then this one...so that might help it a bit. I darkened it on purpose because when testing the ship, Starfarer lights all the ships up, must be the game engine...it's really noticeable. I'll see what I can do to improve it further.

Here's the "Annihilator System Core". It's not really a ship as it is a drone deployment station and a huge, mobile weapon, a beam cannon, for a race, very Necron like, that I'm working on for the mod I'm going to release soon. Hope you guys like it. And yeah, you can tell that I'm a fan of green. :)
Spoiler
[close]

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 23, 2012, 12:43:52 PM »

You reminded me of something, how about making a mobile plataform that can only move once, by using a modified burnengine shipsystem, using it once then it foes into a deploy mode, so now its a defence station that cant move, another option is adding a teleport on it so it can "move" sometimes.

So you can add twice or more the stats and weapons, on it since, it doesnt move, needs to hold its ground vs anything coming at it

PS: the missing space is not the issue since it reads the while line, so as long its on the same line after the : it should read, thanks tho
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 12:45:52 PM by silentstormpt »

Dr. Death[Lexx]

• Lieutenant
  • Solar Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 23, 2012, 02:36:20 PM »

Hmm...sounds interesting. It would keep it's rotational capabilities and when deployed, moved a couple of times only, even if a couple of times.
As you mentioned, a modified burn drive engine would be needed to deploy the turret when it spawns so it doesn't stay off the lower bottom of the map.
What about a ship...spawning mobile weapon platforms that can't move, using the drone system script...since the mass center would have to be nullified to prevent the deploying ship from crashing into the platform, other ships would be able to fly actually underneath it. It also shouldn't be able to be recalled at any point, just deployed...

I think the latter one is much easier to achieve, although I could be totally wrong. First one sounds more interesting since you would have to move the weapon platforms actively and arrange them across the battlefield to make use of them as much as possible.

It's a great idea. I wonder if it can be pulled off.

Also...the hardpoint/weapon doesn't show up at all in the cargo bay? Weird. I saw that only once on the swarm fleet mod. But never again. Still, you got the png and everything else, can it really in the end be only code related?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:11:12 PM by Dr. Death[Lexx] »

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 23, 2012, 03:23:15 PM »

WIP - Experimental Cruiser

This thing is not finished yet and i am not sure what exactly this is  ;)

Spoiler
[close]

@Dr. Death I know these sprites, good old shmup ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 08:45:18 PM by Thule »

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 482