Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2222749 times)

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #6930 on: June 06, 2017, 06:05:36 PM »

While working on Blue, significant changes are being on Red.

I loved above old sprites more. New sprites not accurate..

Addition to my message:

Perhaps I will cardinally change color of the ship. But I know precisely that the camouflage will be added. These are the ships for "Artefact" mod by Snrasha.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

c0nr4d1c4l

• Commander
  • Local forum transient
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: June 06, 2017, 06:30:50 PM »

Nice! These certainly look a lot nicer than the black, featureless, ovoid ships.
"Slap slap slap, clap clap clap"

Head salesman and CEO of the Discount Shipyard

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: June 06, 2017, 08:09:56 PM »

Nice! These certainly look a lot nicer than the black, featureless, ovoid ships.

If these are replacing the Noir ships they are definitely a huge step up, but Meso is right about the lighting being weird. Like, the light is coming from inconsistent directions between the ships, which is visually confusing. Otherwise I like them; more visually gentle, sculptural and inorganic when compared with your previous banana ships. Really digging the intricate surface designs as well.

My computer is still busted, but I've been grinding away in MS Paint on piloted [REDACTED]. I've gotten to the Bastillion, and I'm not entirely sure which kind of configuration to go with: The one I've been working on (and is still WIP; I need to do some colour fiddling when I get my computer back before I can begin to D-class the armour properly) on the left, or something similar to  the vanilla version on the right. Rest of the piloted [REDACTED] posted for comparison.

Thoughts?

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: June 07, 2017, 04:09:17 PM »

[/quote]

Thoughts?
[/quote]

I feel like they look great, but needs a little more color from the original non D mods.
That's my opinion though.
Hello!

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: June 08, 2017, 01:53:24 AM »

I feel like they look great, but needs a little more color from the original non D mods.
That's my opinion though.

I probably won't do that, considering they're supposed to be salvaged versions of derelict [REDACTED] instead of freshly made boats.

c0nr4d1c4l

• Commander
  • Local forum transient
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: June 08, 2017, 08:54:56 AM »

Are they supposed to be pilotable? If they are, the sprites may need command bridges. I already see a few of them there but some of them do not have one. Unless you want them to remain as drones.
"Slap slap slap, clap clap clap"

Head salesman and CEO of the Discount Shipyard

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: June 08, 2017, 06:20:41 PM »

Are they supposed to be pilotable? If they are, the sprites may need command bridges. I already see a few of them there but some of them do not have one. Unless you want them to remain as drones.

They do have command bridges - I'm probably going to have to make them more obvious. Particularly the Picket class - it's snuggled right in the middle of the ship.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: June 08, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »

The picket's bridge being behind that horizontal cross-section and having two vertical struts leading down to the bottom of the ship makes it look like it's on the back of the ship with structure in front of it blocking it's forward view and therefore is not a bridge, according to the visual language of SS
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: June 08, 2017, 08:47:01 PM »

This a bit more obvious? Was aiming for that central 'bracket' to actually reach above the cockpit and over the top of the ship.

Will probably darken the central section a bit to make the cockpit pop a bit more.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6939 on: June 08, 2017, 09:56:09 PM »

So, uh, here's the really rough cruiser thingy I worked on today. I figured I'd post it before I chickened out or gave up.

This is the first sprite I've ever gotten past the "Maybe I should try and draw that someday" stage, so any advice is appreciated (Seriously, I have no idea what I'm doing.)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: June 09, 2017, 01:58:02 AM »

So, uh, here's the really rough cruiser thingy I worked on today. I figured I'd post it before I chickened out or gave up.

This is the first sprite I've ever gotten past the "Maybe I should try and draw that someday" stage, so any advice is appreciated (Seriously, I have no idea what I'm doing.)

Hmm, some shadows, more shading, a few touch up's on the points, make the metal look more rusted (unless you're going for some pristine look), main hull needs a bit more (or a lot more) detail, a few more pieces on that massive plate, engines need more prominent looks too if you ask me (I'm not good at engines myself though so eh), while the secondary piece (next to the massive main piece, possibly the bridge/generator) could use some prominency (probably a bit more shading, details, etc).

My guess on the dots is that those are giant space rivets? If that is the case, they can probably use more metallic features as well.

All in all, a pretty nice looking design you got there, can't wait to see the finished result!
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: June 09, 2017, 04:11:39 AM »

I'm guessing the big dots are turrets.

And yeah, you can't really have platea THAT big where it's just one solid thing. Have to either break it up a litttle or add more details.

The brown part connecting the big plate with the semicircle part is something that can be hit, right? If so, it should probably be made clearer, by giving it another thin tan plate or something.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: June 09, 2017, 04:19:05 AM »

@JDCollie,

While I'm not sure what your plans are for this sprite, I reckon you could pretty easily kitbash some parts together for it. I'm mainly looking at the big triangle and thinking "Eagle".

Not going to make any points on artistic style because they've basically already been made (and I'm not really sure what else to say). However, I'd like to say I love the design of the ship. That sort of haphazardly-built combination of parts, with a decent contrast between smooth triangle plate and spiky semi-circle is appealing to the eye and still fairly well-balanced. I'd love to see this built into a stock-quality ship sprite, just to see what it could become in combat.

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: June 09, 2017, 07:44:45 PM »

@JDCollie,

While I'm not sure what your plans are for this sprite, I reckon you could pretty easily kitbash some parts together for it. I'm mainly looking at the big triangle and thinking "Eagle".

Not going to make any points on artistic style because they've basically already been made (and I'm not really sure what else to say). However, I'd like to say I love the design of the ship. That sort of haphazardly-built combination of parts, with a decent contrast between smooth triangle plate and spiky semi-circle is appealing to the eye and still fairly well-balanced. I'd love to see this built into a stock-quality ship sprite, just to see what it could become in combat.
I saw that left side thing as a gear. Time for a clockwork faction?
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: June 09, 2017, 07:55:22 PM »

I saw that left side thing as a gear. Time for a clockwork faction?

Hehe. I had considered it for TSA, believe me.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 482