Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2225000 times)

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #6405 on: September 19, 2016, 06:31:00 AM »

First battleship.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: September 19, 2016, 02:44:19 PM »

This is a even more depressing and sad looking girl than before, i liked the old one more but the new coloring is better,maybe a bit too dark imo.
greetings

Thanks, I was inspired by the new vanilla portraits and decided to give it a try. Here's some new ones too.

Honestly like your old portraits more than your new ones in terms of lineart and content (also agree with Ahne in terms of things being too dark). Coloring is the main area of improvment between 2016 and 2015. Still better than my *** portraits though lol...

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6407 on: September 19, 2016, 10:35:35 PM »

Honestly like your old portraits more than your new ones in terms of lineart and content (also agree with Ahne in terms of things being too dark). Coloring is the main area of improvment between 2016 and 2015. Still better than my *** portraits though lol...

You guys are right about it being too dark... dang. Naah, everyone have their own distinctive artstyle ya?
Yours look pretty nice to me since its closer to vanilla than mine which is obviously anime-ish. Anyway, here's the colored version ( cropped ) and more variants.

Spoiler
Civilian Universal Platform for utility stuff.

Mini Freighter

Tanker
[close]

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: September 20, 2016, 03:18:14 AM »

My first attempt at a sprite... well, kit-bashing, rather. Something resembling a Tri-Tachyon stealth corvette based on the vanilla Tempest.

Lengthy Exposition:
Spoiler
No real spriting skills or techniques here, other than just a lot of copy/paste/delete actions through marquee selection using old Macromedia Fireworks MX, and then playing around with color levels. I've found that for an amatuer like me, the Blur Tool seems to be the thing to default on when you want to blend uneven colors or just hide the disjointed seams of your 'surgeries'.

In hindsight, I may have gone overboard with the final additions (like the three 'gauss' coils near the bow, and the numerous tacky 'PD turret' rectangles along the lower length).

Wish I knew how to actually draw cool stuff in the style of other works like PBC and Diable Avionics (especially the Versant). Hell, learning to conjure a 1px basic outline would be nice, given that I'm not the best with even pencil mockups.
[close]

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: September 20, 2016, 04:54:57 AM »

@obsidian actual
I'd recommend making that engine a bit more distinct, but otherwise it's a really credible first attempt. Good job

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: September 20, 2016, 05:43:00 AM »

It is more than ships! It is more than white color!
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: September 20, 2016, 07:02:51 AM »

It is more than ships! It is more than white color!

Oh, those are some nice additions. I feel your ships are edgy, peculiar slots and a lot of nice asthetics. Keep up the good work!
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: September 20, 2016, 09:50:02 AM »

You guys are right about it being too dark... dang. Naah, everyone have their own distinctive artstyle ya?
Yours look pretty nice to me since its closer to vanilla than mine which is obviously anime-ish. Anyway, here's the colored version ( cropped ) and more variants.

That's pretty nice. I particularly like the blue around her eyes. On the other hand, it kinda feels like her nose is too far to the left side of her face.
« Reply #6413 on: September 20, 2016, 06:21:15 PM »

That's pretty nice. I particularly like the blue around her eyes. On the other hand, it kinda feels like her nose is too far to the left side of her face.

cannot unsee

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: September 20, 2016, 07:24:53 PM »

Looks great Ryxsen, again the coloring is really great. As for the nose thing people are complaining about, I think the nose is actually in the right spot, the line for the bridge just needs to be longer.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: September 20, 2016, 09:14:31 PM »

Looks great Ryxsen, again the coloring is really great. As for the nose thing people are complaining about, I think the nose is actually in the right spot, the line for the bridge just needs to be longer.

I'm no artist, but the nose and mouth don't seem to line up, so at least one of them is not in the right spot.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: September 20, 2016, 09:40:25 PM »

I'm no artist, but the nose and mouth don't seem to line up, so at least one of them is not in the right spot.
Too so it seems to me. Version 2015 was more better.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: September 21, 2016, 04:47:18 AM »

Very big ship. Very much big.

UPD. Any trifle is fixed.
UPD. Mor fixes.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 07:24:30 AM by DrakonST »

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: September 21, 2016, 05:40:56 AM »

@DrakonST

Your ships are cool, nice design, they look unique in shape.

keep up the great work!

*thumps up*

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: September 21, 2016, 05:46:19 AM »

@DrakonST

Your ships are cool, nice design, they look unique in shape.

keep up the great work!

*thumps up*
I will make one more similar ship (same big) then there will be portraits to these ships and on rest.
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 482