Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2222121 times)

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #4860 on: November 23, 2014, 04:20:07 PM »

Hiya, I'm back with some more! Miss me? No?... well, too bad I guess... here's a bunch of new portrait remakes from the previous collection.

..and before I advance to the final step, do you guys agree with this design?

FAQ:

Why does it feels like anime-style warship?
'cuz it is originally based from an anime warship. Then I add some signature details nor structures of the UAF faction to make it differ from others.

Why wings on a huge spaceship, they're useless!
ummm... well... I have no idea why but, I think she looks okay with it honestly. I agreed that they're virtually useless but hey! Let's think positively. They can help you vent more stuff via more pipes and stuff!

Why huge ship?
She is a Dreadnought-class now. Debido wants her to be a battleship-class and resized it to a proper size but it doesn't feel right to me ( altho' I honestly like the idea ). That's why I asked this for the last time to the modding community. Is this design good enough or something? Please comment.

1x Scale:
Spoiler
[close]

Zoomed in:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:30:12 PM by Ryxsen1421 »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: November 23, 2014, 04:27:45 PM »

Why wings on a huge spaceship, they're useless!
Actually about that...
http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/misconceptions.php#id--Rockets_Got_Wings
Granted it's not "aerodynamic" wings to fly and stuff, but still, spaceships DO have large heat radiator akin to wings.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: November 23, 2014, 04:29:39 PM »

Ryxsen, I might resize your wip sprite so it is the actual size it will be ingame so we can get a better feel for it. Move the back wings so that they point back and inwards (basically reverse their direction).

Top left portrait is hands down awesome. The shading over the eyes feels very weird for the other ones, esp. bottom-right, where it pretty much erases the bridge of his nose. The bottom two have verrrry long necks.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4863 on: November 23, 2014, 04:32:53 PM »

Ryxsen, I might resize your wip sprite so it is the actual size it will be ingame so we can get a better feel for it. Move the back wings so that they point back and inwards (basically reverse their direction).

Top left portrait is hands down awesome. The shading over the eyes feels very weird for the other ones, esp. bottom-right, where it pretty much erases the bridge of his nose. The bottom two have verrrry long necks.

Alright, uploaded the 1x scale for you lads... and about the necks. That's weird, my first sketch shows their necks are at the right length! I'll fix it now nevertheless.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: November 23, 2014, 04:43:42 PM »

Hmmmm... I'm getting the same vibe you are about the size. Feels extremely large. Although that might just be me, I get weirded out by anything larger than a paragon.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4865 on: November 23, 2014, 04:52:28 PM »

Hmmmm... I'm getting the same vibe you are about the size. Feels extremely large. Although that might just be me, I get weirded out by anything larger than a paragon.

She is meant to be extremely large as I want her to have an intimidating size and shape to make a player terrified to encounter her in battle... and I'm glad to know you're having the same vibe as I do about her size. At least I'm not alone eh?

Oh! and about your new portraits. I find them very british-ish to me! :D Try draw the lady holding a cup of tea, she'll look pretty fabulous with it. hehe.. and don't forget to make her smile too.

DeathRay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: November 24, 2014, 12:13:35 PM »

The Ship:
I like the design so far, but I'm not certain how to interpret the heck of the ship. Is the little bird thingy part of it or is there nothing? If its not, it could look a little bit weird, but im not sure right now.
And what is the tube on the left front supposed to be?

Portraits:
Kazi:
I like the male one. Good old Captain beard.
The Female one looks kinda wrong. It looks like she has put on way too much make up to hide her wrinkles.

Ryxsen:
I like all four of them. Personally I don't think that the necks are too long, but I dont think that shorter ones are worse aswell.
On the right ones the shadows seem to be a little bit too dark, we have to see how it appears in the final pictures.
The biggest problems I have, is with the portrait on the bottom left. The shadow seems to be way too large. It is larger than the shadow of the portrait above, where the girl is tilting her head.
Other than that I dont see any problems yet.
Looking forward to the final ones. :)

CrazyDave

• Commander
  • Never left, stopped posting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: November 24, 2014, 10:15:20 PM »

havnt posted in a while haha, new ship for the naysmyth armouries done(ish) but i think i need some feedback here, it just doesnt seem... right.  anyway, here it is:

Ledd Class - Light Support Frigate

i was recently told my shading was super overkill so i toned it back a bunch, maybe too much? so... er... thoughts? :D
Naysmyth Armouries, for all your blasting needs.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: November 25, 2014, 04:10:56 AM »

I like the way you did the markings, for sure. Looks neat.

As for your shading, I dunno, I might see it needs more? In general it's fine though.

ORMtnMan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: November 25, 2014, 08:41:59 AM »

havnt posted in a while haha, new ship for the naysmyth armouries done(ish) but i think i need some feedback here, it just doesnt seem... right.  anyway, here it is:

Ledd Class - Light Support Frigate

i was recently told my shading was super overkill so i toned it back a bunch, maybe too much? so... er... thoughts? :D

Highlights! Mas highlights!
Creator and lord of The Ashkurr Commonwealth

Sprite artist and designer for Naysmyth Armouries

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: November 25, 2014, 03:22:04 PM »

Felt like trying something different:

It's the same ship on different backgrounds to check the readability.
It will probably end up being a unique prototype of some kind. All built-in weapons, with the equivalent of 1 large hard-point, 2 medium missiles and 2 medium turrets...

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: November 25, 2014, 04:57:07 PM »

Felt like trying something different:

It's the same ship on different backgrounds to check the readability.
It will probably end up being a unique prototype of some kind. All built-in weapons, with the equivalent of 1 large hard-point, 2 medium missiles and 2 medium turrets...
Woah. It looks like a completely different art style, even when compared to SCY.

CrazyDave

• Commander
  • Never left, stopped posting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: November 25, 2014, 07:50:14 PM »

okee dokee, heres a quick update of the Ledd Class. Much improvement has occurred! :D

Old     ->     New
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:51:54 PM by CrazyDave »
Naysmyth Armouries, for all your blasting needs.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: November 26, 2014, 01:18:36 AM »

That ship screams protoss  to me, it only lacks the blue bits.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: November 26, 2014, 02:24:07 AM »

A bit yes, but since it's closer to the olds badass Protoss rather than the new fancy elves-without-the-name ones, I don't mind. There is also some bits of Shadowyards, and Loroi starships
I tried several color sheme, but blue and gold was way too close to Exigency.
Spoiler

[close]

Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 482