Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2211028 times)

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #4665 on: October 10, 2014, 06:53:41 PM »

All done!

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: October 11, 2014, 03:25:42 AM »

Spoiler

All done!
[close]

Just have to drop by to say that your art style looks amazing! If i may ask, how many years have you been drawing?

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: October 11, 2014, 04:06:17 AM »

Myself, I made a point defence thingy, and I'm working with a frigate sized PD thingy now.
Spoiler
[close]

I like it, though to me the back and sides look a bit over-shadowed.

Looking at it again, yep definitely a bit too dark, still might touch up the engines a bit, they look boring.

Spoiler
Old left, new right.
[close]

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4668 on: October 11, 2014, 06:47:23 AM »

Just have to drop by to say that your art style looks amazing! If i may ask, how many years have you been drawing?

I'm 18 now.. so that makes it like 13 years.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: October 11, 2014, 12:21:48 PM »

Decommissioned Conquest that has been bought back by a small fret enterprise without most of it's weapons. After extensive modifications it as been re-purposed into an armored freighter with limited carrier capacity. Now free from the "dead weight" of heavy weaponry, the venerable engines can finally give all their measure, making this ship the fastest capital sized freighter in the sector. And what it can't outrun, the fighters and medium armament left can take care of. With this single ship as their asset, the small freighter enterprise is now a major player, specialized in blockade running and fret contracts in unstable regions.
Spoiler
[close]
Codename Blitzkrieg

[edit]
here's the unmarked ship, if some of you want to kitbash from it:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 01:09:08 AM by Tartiflette »

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: October 11, 2014, 12:27:04 PM »

Cool :D

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #4671 on: October 11, 2014, 04:42:09 PM »

Decommissioned Conquest that has been bought back by a small fret enterprise without most of it's weapons. After extensive modifications it as been re-purposed into an armored freighter with limited carrier capacity. Now free from the "dead weight" of heavy weaponry, the venerable engines can finally give all their measure, making this ship the fastest capital sized freighter in the sector. And what it can't outrun, the fighters and medium armament left can take care of. With this single ship as their asset, the small freighter enterprise is now a major player, specialized in blockade running and fret contracts in unstable regions.
Spoiler
[close]
Codename Blitzkrieg

>Not naming it the Errant Venture

Oh yeah I'm not dead guys. Just waiting for Davidoff to update his mod...
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: October 11, 2014, 05:10:38 PM »

You will be waiting a long, long time then.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: October 11, 2014, 06:17:33 PM »

One last touchup: emphasized the raised front bit, fixed a bit of shading on the wings, and added some small lights for color.

I'm going to move on to reshading the Tackle next *gulp*.

[Edit] Whoops! Left on the white background layer. My bad.

Hmm, I'm getting a little faster at this:

Retouched the Tackle to swap the lighting, added some definition:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 06:42:44 PM by Thaago »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: October 11, 2014, 09:06:11 PM »

Ryxsen your portraits are amazing. I particularly like the top left one.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: October 12, 2014, 12:50:04 AM »

Ryxsen your portraits are amazing. I particularly like the top left one.
I dunno, both of the left ones look a bit derpy. Especially the girl's mouth  :-\

Just redo the mouth and the guy's beard and you'll be golden.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4676 on: October 12, 2014, 01:29:42 AM »

I dunno, both of the left ones look a bit derpy. Especially the girl's mouth  :-\

how do you fix the beard? its something new to me as I havent done any facial features before.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: October 12, 2014, 09:31:14 AM »

After the terrible battle in the Coral nebula, the Onslaught class HSS Incorruptible managed to get back to the nearest Hegemony base only to discover the damages received were too great for repair. Most of the ship was salvageable but restoring the two arms housing the TPC's would require to effectively cut them off and attach new one. The overall structure would have been be much weaker and the ship was branded non-combat worthy and destined to recycling. Hearing of this, the Black Hole Line company sent an offer for purchasing the demilitarized hull. The Cruise company was seeking to find a second breath by offering more exiting travels close to the most violent stellar phenomenons. The well known sturdiness of the Onslaughts would allow them to make this plan a reality without endangering the life of their passengers.
   The arms and most of the space formerly occupied with weapon was converted in luxurious dining rooms and cabins, pools and tennis court... while the former cramped crew quarters were kept for the new personnel. Another major modification was the removal of two third of the engines: high speed wasn't a requirement and with all the weight gained by removing the armament the main engine was enough. This operation only possible thanks to the high modularity of the core epoch ships allowed to accommodate more storage area and fuel tanks for longer trips.
   The ship was re-branded BHL Titanic VII by the CEO of Black Hole Line, in spite of the opposition of his counselors: the Titanic VI catastrophe was just fading from the collective memory and many employee saw in this name a bad omen. For her's maiden voyage, she is going to offer her passenger an incredible spot to observe a rogue giant plunge into a white dwarf. The ticket have been all sold the first week.
Spoiler
[close]

BHL Titanic VII

and the original unpainted one:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:20:30 AM by Tartiflette »

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: October 12, 2014, 09:36:55 AM »

how do you fix the beard? its something new to me as I havent done any facial features before.

If I were you I'd just double down and make it more prominent. Right now it's very small relative to the rest of the face. Although we don't need to go into massive hipster beard territory, making it cover more area might help.

Didn't sleep all that well last night, did a few ultra-fast portraits instead. Increased my brush size, decreased portrait size, was a little more scribble-ly to try and gimp David's vanilla art style a little more closely than my previous ones. I really like the guy.

ORMtnMan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: October 12, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »

One last touchup: emphasized the raised front bit, fixed a bit of shading on the wings, and added some small lights for color.

I'm going to move on to reshading the Tackle next *gulp*.

[Edit] Whoops! Left on the white background layer. My bad.

Hmm, I'm getting a little faster at this:

Retouched the Tackle to swap the lighting, added some definition:

Thaago,

The arrow looks a bit flat at the moment... I would give it a slightly stronger gradient of shading (don't go to black though). ((yay for nitpickyness))

Next on the Tackle, it is difficult to see which part of the ship is higher than the other (The CIC section or the "Arms") This is becuse the plating just behind the CIC ends abruptly at what looks like underside-internals of the arm... Maybe extend the plates a bit? or add a bit of shadowing there?

Keep it up, they look a lot better now, the shading looks great directionally.
Creator and lord of The Ashkurr Commonwealth

Sprite artist and designer for Naysmyth Armouries
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 482