Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2210735 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #2385 on: September 30, 2013, 11:37:04 AM »

I like all of them :) Why not use them in various combinations to create a richer overall feel?
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: September 30, 2013, 12:03:20 PM »

Well they all look better than my quick recolour :)

I like the second one from the left most I think, and then after that, probably the last one.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: September 30, 2013, 01:08:32 PM »

Just some testy scribbly bits for a new ship:

Spoiler

The Norn class refinery ship.  Initially I was thinking of adding a capital sized carrier called the Norn but in retrospect I don't think that fills any tactical need for SHI; I'd essentially just be adding just add it.  As such I decided instead to have the Norn be Shadowyards large cargo vessel, though that's rather incidental to the fact it is supposed to smelt lotsa ore.  As such I'd like to have her trailing yellow orange smoke everywhere.

Also, the Norn thinks symmetry can go die.
[close]

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: September 30, 2013, 01:20:52 PM »

@MShadowy: Neat stuff.  I look at that, and for some reason it reminds me of the Scylla... which in turn makes me think "Hm... phasing cloak on a cargo ship?"
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: September 30, 2013, 01:33:35 PM »

I hadn't really considering making her a phase ship, but I may give it a try.  Only one way to know for sure, right?

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: September 30, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »

MShadowy, it look like the torso of some kind of cyborg with bone plates, i like it.

Sprites for an upcoming mini faction of mine.

Frigates
Spoiler

[close]

Destroyers
Spoiler

[close]

Cruiser
Spoiler
[close]

Fighter wings
Spoiler

[close]

I still have to rework some of them. Also trying to make custom weapons mounts.

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: September 30, 2013, 04:00:40 PM »

Helmut: Those are actually pretty interesting, I would like to see them in bit different color pallet, but you surely got something right there. Kinda remind me that crystal ship from FTL.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 04:02:38 PM by Ravendarke »

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: September 30, 2013, 04:01:45 PM »

@Helmut: They look cool...like they're made of ice that is going to shatter :)  I don't believe I've seen crystal based ships in game before, it will be an excellent addition.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: September 30, 2013, 04:04:54 PM »

@Helmut: Nice.  I particularly like frigate #3 and fighter #3.  Hm... shatter... that might be interesting: a drone system that gains ammo as you take damage.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: October 01, 2013, 01:25:50 PM »

To Cycerin and BRDY:

Spoiler

"Saleal"

Some (read: a lot) color correction courtesy of Cyc.
[close]

Earlier sketchwork:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:47:18 PM by MShadowy »

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: October 01, 2013, 01:29:15 PM »

*Is Stunned*

Eep?

That is marvellous.

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: October 01, 2013, 01:47:59 PM »

So *** good.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: October 01, 2013, 01:54:42 PM »

Thanks, both of you.

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: October 01, 2013, 09:27:37 PM »

Finished the Tyrador system... for now at least.

Mephis
A gas giant with an atmosphere rich in hydrocarbons, it's been historically used as an entryway to the Tyrador system and held by the hegemony several times. Currently it houses a small outpost orbiting along the moon Tiilo.
Spoiler

[close]

Atrio
The closest planet to Tyrador. Despite its closeness to the star Atrio mantains its own atmosphere, however according to logs recovered from the Reydes research station, Atrio's atmosphere is being slowly consumed by Tyrador.
Spoiler

[close]

Tyrador System
Spoiler

forgot to take a screenshot from the star but anyway here's the texture just for completeness.

[close]

Koncerz
A small frigate based in the wolf, why? because I love the wolf, and specially the old look. However I didn't just want to make a wolf recolor, it's meant to have 2 medium energy hardpoints and a medium turret, probably universal or just energy.
Spoiler
[close]

Lance (Rename pending) - Civilian Refit
Basically a Lance-class cruiser refitted as a cargo vessel. Kinda fun to make, specially when I consider that in its original lore, the lance was based in an "Asteroid Breaker" trading ship. The first preview has the civilian lance in several colors; I'm not sure which is best, other colors or alterations to them as suggestions are fine and welcome, since I'll rather not use the same scheme used for the Coalition military vessels. Currently leaning towards the yellow and blue versions. The middle section thingy is meant to be a mobile crane, (like the clawed machines where you can get a prize for paying a coin; honestly I don't  know their proper name), it's in a different layer and I hope to get it animated moving forward, stopping and then go backwards again. I'll probably add some drones for it, "loader drones".
Second preview is just the original Lance ship, for comparison purposes.
In a sigthly unrelated topic to the spriting thread, has anyone made a hullmod that changes the graphics of a ship (IIRC, unless my mind is playing tricks with me, that was going to be one of the new additions), since if it's possible I would like to make both lances act as a tug and show the proper tugging equipment if they have the hullmod.

Spoiler

[close]

Just like in the previous thread, feel free to use any texture and/or modify them, just don't forget to give me credit.

DragonV2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: October 02, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »

So this is the first ship i have ever made, but i got the idea of making a mod stuck in my head so now im actually going to go through with it, to practice and to get the mechanics right of the faction i have in mind i created this frig as a test run

Spoiler

yes i know its slightly off center

if the image doesn't work here is a direct link http://imgur.com/GYZsU8S cant get it to work while previewing
[close]

This is the Experimental Flux armaments Testing Frigate it lacks a snazzy name for now and as the name suggests it is a ship designed to test new weapon systems, in this case frigate sized weaponry. those extensions on the side of the cockpit are there in case of unexpected weapon self-combustion.

although not much is set in stone yet in terms of the general feel i do know i will be going for symmetrical, and very angular ships, the Caldari ships from eve online serve as inspiration

so yeah this is the first ship ive ever made i hope its not too horrible

also when i try to edit this in Trylobots's ship editor but i keep getting a white background, tried to make it transparent but that didnt work, i used paint.net to make this
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 482