Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2224826 times)

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #6180 on: March 09, 2016, 11:41:07 PM »

Spoiler

I am a worm space, i come for kill you *w*
[close]

(Sorry for that)
You think this is a good idea for a ship?   Thank you. (Bad quality of this GIF give not good color, i need fix that)

Give it teeth! make it scary.
Otherwise a pretty cool idea

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: March 10, 2016, 02:51:52 AM »

You had a 3D printer didn't you? put it to use!  ;D

I intend to! You guys need to give me models though!
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: March 10, 2016, 03:24:15 AM »

You had a 3D printer didn't you? put it to use!  ;D

I intend to! You guys need to give me models though!

Mod The Mayorate use 3D model for ship, so you can maybe request in this mod, no? :x

small edit: Question, this is correct? :x
Spoiler

ps: Aura shield is animated, ><
[close]

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:47:32 PM by Snrasha »
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: March 10, 2016, 07:23:49 PM »

Finally gave up trying to draw and fell back on kitbashing, and got the Mule (R) and updated Tarsus (R) done in a day or two:

I "only" have the Gambit Light Cruiser left and then I can start on the final stretch for the next release of the Roider Union. Spring break is next week so hopefully I'll be able to power through. :)

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: March 25, 2016, 09:09:03 PM »

Newest versions of the Sabre-class for my mod, I'm not sure if I'm doing that great on the damaged variant, which is the main reason for this post, so I just don't go and make a load of other damaged skins and then regret I did not make something specific before.
Feedback in relation on how to make a good damaged skin is also appreciated.

Spoiler
Currently considering the Sagaris, Lance, Ranseur, Koncerz, Labrys and Medusa to get this treatment
[close]

Pictured below are the base Sabre for the Coalition, followed by the Tri-Tachyon and damaged skins.

Spoilered the older versions of the Coalition sprite for it.
Spoiler

[close]

I also did some Coalition skins for vanilla ships to include in the mod. Feedback is also appreciated on these.
Spoiler
[close]

And in a shameless plug for my mod...
Spoiler
I modified most of my ships, you can check those in my thread link in my signature, biggest changes are the Koncerz, which with the addition of a wolf skin became a whole new ship, and Adarga which was fully remade.
[close]

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: March 26, 2016, 04:35:52 PM »

Those ships...

those ships are very well made, loving the look of them.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: March 26, 2016, 05:09:23 PM »

Looks good. (D) ships's purpose is to provide cannon-fodder for early game players, they otherwise don't add much to the game, so don't feel obliged to make more.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: March 26, 2016, 05:17:37 PM »

Really liking the new Sabre, and those ship skins. Any idea of when we'll get to see them in game?

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: March 30, 2016, 08:48:39 PM »

@HELMUT:
Well there's a good reason for that, besides that I like making art assets for video games...
Spoiler
Since Coalition ships do not mount ballistic weapons at all, it's kinda hard to start a game and ally with the Coalition at the start. Energy weapons are not that common in pirate fleets, and the Coalition is hostile with the Tri-Tachyon so you have even less markets available with the energy weapons you need.
The result is you can't  refit new ships easily, markets will not have enough of the weapons you need and those which have them become scarcer, making the best way to progress to just ally with them later ingame after you already have the money and a decent fleet, and selling a complete fleet just to get the feeling of being part of a faction seems a bit odd to me.
So adding cannon fodder that uses energy weapons to the pirates seems like a good idea to "solve" that issue. It would be also a bit weird to have  a system without older damaged vessels being used by independents/pirates, since fitting the mod to vanilla content is a goal for the mod.
Finally, I would also love to include the conversion/repair mechanic found in the mods "Interstellar Imperium" and "Tiandong". Haven't asked permission at all for this yet, and it will not be a part of the next release, anyway.
[close]

@Toxcity:
SOONtm... hopefully.
Spoiler
Things left to do for a next release:
-Finish the rebuild of the Tyrador system. Mostly done, I need to add a custom black market script (with the D-variants), add 1 or 2 smaller independent markets in the system, and reposition the system to a nice locale not already used by some mod, as it is currently inside a nebula. Since I want to add a small neighboring system called "Raxis" in a subsequent update, TT subfaction included, to house the TT-variants, this becomes a bit harder than just picking the next single empty spot. TT-variants are already ingame and working, though they are not used by any faction yet, I'll probably end adding a small station for the RLF (Raxian Liberation Front) in the Tyrador system/hyperspace, for now.
-Do some placeholder descriptions/update the mostly complete already existing descriptions. Probably what would take most of my time, as I'm not a native English speaker (even though I don't write first in Spanish and then translate, and instead write directly in English, I still make way too many mistakes and sentences don't flow correctly when I reread them).
-Do some more playtesting when all is "done". So far the mod, is fully playable and stable with vanilla and so far no issues with SS+. Still debating if I should add Nexerelin support, it is something I'll do anyway. Note that the playtesting will not be done with the intent of balancing, that will require some player feedback, but it doesn't feel too overpowered/underpowered to me.
[close]

Well way too much text, time for some sprites. These were incredibly easy to make after slightly automating the process in gimp. Just made file with a blank ship layer some noise, tone, saturation, and color layers, and then some layers for burns, holes and cracks (for which I used the vanilla damage decals), and finally a detail layer where I actually did some manual work. And since it was actually quite faster, and enjoyable, than I expected... I overdid it... I think.
Adding the ships below as base sprite, and respective (D)-variants.

For the frigates I did the Koncerz, Ranseur and Adarga, the later one was common enough in the fleets to include it too. The Koncerz gets degraded engines, Ranseur gets compromised armor, and the Adarga gets destroyed mounts.

For the Medusa, the idea was to make it look like the Coalition-variant is actually a repaired Medusa hull. The bulkier armor plates are where the damage is in the (D)-variant, which is why it is not just a recolor like the Wolf or a more involved conversion like the Sunder or Venture. The coalition version would be slightly weaker than the TT's since it has synergy mounts instead of universal ones, the (D)-variant still has the universal mounts. As you can guess it gets compromised armor, and also faulty power grid. I made the (D)-variant destroyers worse in relation to their normal version in comparison to frigates.

For the other destroyers. The Labrys (D) is kinda useless now as I downgraded the large missile mounts (didn't want to give easy access to those) to medium and removed the central medium missile mount. I also downgraded the Sagaris' and Sabre's large mounts to medium mounts for the same reason (missiles and energy weapons, respectively). These get the same pattern of negative hullmods as the frigates, Sabre gets degraded engine, Sagaris compromised armor, and Labrys destroyed weapon mounts.

For the Lance, I gave it compromised armor, and I need to code a custom hullmod, for a "damaged cargo hold", and make the Lance-class exclusive hullmod ("transport conversion", which adds a lot of cargo space at the cost of 50 op), incompatible with this. (the "transport conversion" name is WIP, so suggestions are appreciated).

Finally the Angon. Since the sprite shown before won't be actually spawned in the campaign, as I made a tanker and freighter variants (pictured below), I made a (D)-variant of the base sprite. As you might expect it doesn't get a bonus for its fuel or cargo capacity and it gets degraded engines making it a large slow armored loot piƱata.

Heh... this was longer than what I was expecting, so I spoilered part of the responses.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6189 on: April 01, 2016, 08:06:23 AM »

Pendekar II Class Frigate

I don't know why I came back, my hands are itching to do some original spriting.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: April 01, 2016, 08:21:32 AM »

Beautiful!

I want see this ship in a battle *w*
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Wild Card

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: April 01, 2016, 10:55:24 AM »

Looks nice :) i like the color scheme you chose a lot. Any chance we could see more ships with the same theme

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6192 on: April 01, 2016, 07:37:14 PM »

Pendekar II ( Royal ) Class Frigate

I personally preferred this one over the red one.

Yeah, sure- as long as my spriting mood is still up and my lovable partner can still do scripting. You'll see more boats coming in soon.

Wild Card

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: April 02, 2016, 01:40:13 PM »

They both look v good, there is a distinct lack of black&anything really themed ships out there

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: April 02, 2016, 10:45:22 PM »

That's mostly because black ships tended to show up badly on the old backgrounds so everyone got used to not doing it. I'm pretty sure there's plenty of ships that would really neat with blackish colour schemes in the modiverse
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 482