Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2210732 times)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #3645 on: April 11, 2014, 12:57:05 AM »

Sounds pretty cool.

And since Valvrave wasn't that long ago, I was thinking of this while reading your post.

http://kakumeikivalvrave.wikia.com/wiki/Ideal-class_Mechanized_Annihilator

It's also single piloted. :P

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #3646 on: April 11, 2014, 03:18:07 PM »

That looks pretty cool. The flight deck seems a bit long though, and the end of it doesn't mesh that well.

The engine seems rather long as well.

That better? I like it much more, actually. Added a small turret to the back as well. I thiiiink I'll have a hidden Large Energy under the thing at the front. Possibly a TPC. I like mixing tech...
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: April 11, 2014, 03:20:29 PM »

@Vinya
That's a lot better.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: April 11, 2014, 03:21:08 PM »

@snizupgun: mech combat suits in space? In Starsector? Boo yah! I don't think anyone has done that yet. Really looking forward to that.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: April 11, 2014, 03:53:20 PM »

Any suggestions?

You should take a look at the God of fighter mod (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4252.0). It's very old and probably don't work anymore but i remember that the author managed to add an animated mech ship and it looked pretty cool. Making the head, arms and legs as animated weapons helped a lot making it feel like a mech rather than a static ship.

Vinya, better indeed, just some details that irked me.

Spoiler
[close]

Those two sections seems cobbled together like bricks. Adding some stuffs to cover those lines would help.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: April 11, 2014, 06:28:58 PM »

That better? I like it much more, actually. Added a small turret to the back as well. I thiiiink I'll have a hidden Large Energy under the thing at the front. Possibly a TPC. I like mixing tech...
That looks way better.

Shellster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: April 11, 2014, 07:52:30 PM »

Nice little ship, Shellster. I like the shape of its 'nacelles'. Not entirely sure on the placement of its forward mount though. It looks a little squeezed in. Perhaps some detail / greeble between the bridge and the mount would make it look better (imo).

Thanks Erick, yeah I tend to make the mounts a bit cramped in my sprites haha, will try and fix that.

Some new sprites I've been working on, trying to make something that appears very clean i guess you could say haha. Had to use a black background cause it looks much better that way.
Spoiler
[close]

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: April 11, 2014, 08:03:09 PM »

Shellster those are amazing kitbashes as usual, but the solid white seems a little odd. Some stripes and other color work combined with a little more shading would help in my opinion.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: April 11, 2014, 09:04:19 PM »

Sigh, I missed april 1 for a joke ship, so here, have an abomination that was spawned by copy and pasting on top of each other.

- rm -r * -

Good lord.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: April 11, 2014, 10:19:44 PM »

Sigh, I missed april 1 for a joke ship, so here, have an abomination that was spawned by copy and pasting on top of each other.

Good lord.
Does it have an Omega Phased Array Gatling Cannon? :P

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: April 11, 2014, 11:06:20 PM »

I claim Macross Missile Massacre on that demon.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: April 11, 2014, 11:13:15 PM »

No dream is out of reach!

Spoiler
More 'normal' loadout

[close]

Good lord.
Does it have an Omega Phased Array Gatling Cannon? :P

For that, I might have to replace the cruiser slapped on top to make room for the capacitor array to feed it all.  ::)

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #3657 on: April 11, 2014, 11:52:15 PM »

Spoiler
Any suggestions?

You should take a look at the God of fighter mod (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4252.0). It's very old and probably don't work anymore but i remember that the author managed to add an animated mech ship and it looked pretty cool. Making the head, arms and legs as animated weapons helped a lot making it feel like a mech rather than a static ship.

Vinya, better indeed, just some details that irked me.

Spoiler
[close]

Those two sections seems cobbled together like bricks. Adding some stuffs to cover those lines would help.
[close]

Those parts are pixel-for-pixel from the Apogee. There's not much else that I could put there that wouldn't over-clutter the poor thing.

Trying to add more paint to it, possibly some diagonals, but not having any luck. Anyone up for some Pimp my Sprite?

Just saw Jodorowsky's Dune and had such an amazing brain-break afterwards. If you like science fiction, see that movie.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: April 12, 2014, 01:28:52 AM »

Well, flash, since that ship is a combination of the Banshee and the Unsung and probably all the others as well, how about we call it the "Banshee's Song?

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: April 12, 2014, 06:12:25 AM »

@snizupgun

That looks like a really cool ship, and it would be awesome in the game. Though you'd have to probably design and sprite equally monstrous super capital ships for the other factions for balance. It looks like it would take a large fleet just to take that thing out alone.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 482