Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2224137 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #2370 on: September 29, 2013, 02:05:21 AM »

Exigency Incorporated: Unnamed, Super Dreadnought.

Spoiler

Yes I know my faction needs custom turret mounts, for some reason it's proving annoyingly difficult to design good looking ones.
[close]

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: September 29, 2013, 02:40:04 AM »

Spoiler

Yes I know my faction needs custom turret mounts, for some reason it's proving annoyingly difficult to design good looking ones.
[close]

The design is interesting, very retro arcade. How did you achieve the mottled blue exterior?

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: September 29, 2013, 03:57:00 AM »

Yes I know my faction needs custom turret mounts, for some reason it's proving annoyingly difficult to design good looking ones.[/spoiler]

Do they really? You've done a good job integrating the vanilla ones there in my opinion, and most of them will be filled with guns most of the time anyway :)  Excellent art as usual, btw.  I'm also interested to know if you have a specific technique for texturing the hulls like that.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #2373 on: September 29, 2013, 05:10:19 AM »

A work of art, truly. :)
I wouldn't think too much about the turret mounts either. They look fine.

Makina

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: September 29, 2013, 03:20:53 PM »

The last three frigates. I'll post the destroyers together for the future.

Spoiler

Juza v2 with made-in railgun turret ;)
[close]

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: September 29, 2013, 11:24:44 PM »

The last three frigates. I'll post the destroyers together for the future.

Spoiler

Juza v2 with made-in railgun turret ;)
[close]

Very much enjoying seeing your posts pop up in this thread, Makina.

P.S
Where does one get a pinkie pie avatar like yours?  :P

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: September 30, 2013, 05:38:20 AM »

Yep, i like those new frigates, much better. Btw am i only one to find the cool animated railgun to be a bit too "bouncy"? It make me feel like it is firing some candy/bubblegum at the enemy.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #2377 on: September 30, 2013, 06:38:24 AM »

am i only one to find the cool animated railgun to be a bit too "bouncy"? It make me feel like it is firing some candy/bubblegum at the enemy.

I noticed the same. :) Hopefully the bounciness can be reduced so the cannon feels like cold steel and hydraulics?

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: September 30, 2013, 07:10:22 AM »

Yep, i like those new frigates, much better. Btw am i only one to find the cool animated railgun to be a bit too "bouncy"? It make me feel like it is firing some candy/bubblegum at the enemy.

Well, some of the bigger ships could possibly shoot candy and bubblegum.... *looks at Makina's current capital ship lineup*  :P

I think the railgun will be okay in-game, considering all we're seeing right now is the full cycle played at all at once. I imagine there'll be a long pause after firing during the gun's chargedown before it folds back into the hull.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: September 30, 2013, 07:58:03 AM »

Hi guys,

Working on another old 'Domain of Man' relic ship. There is a lot of work left, still have to do texturing, lights, paint, windows, damage, dirt, microdetailing etc. but here is a look at the base model:

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

I was thinking about ship design and decided to take inspiration from main battle tanks, where the sloped angles of the armour helps deflect incoming kinetic projectiles. I also wanted the armour to be a thick visible layer distinct from the hull and for it to use multiple layers of tiles for better projectile energy dispersion similar to dragonscale armour so that if one.

The rear has large engine exhausts that are protected from the side by an angular hull design as well, I was considering adding a protective grill at the back that still allows exhaust out but denies incoming projectiles, but it would make it a bit OP if missiles couldn't cause a flame out.

The circles seen on the hull are indicative of weapon mount positioning, the largest circle on top is a large weapon mount, likely to be a large ammunition based weapon. So the final image size pixel for pixel will be more like this.

Spoiler
[close]

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: September 30, 2013, 09:44:27 AM »

Started painting on an old BSF design I made to create a Blackrock superfreighter. I haven't used my Wacom since 2004 but holy *** is it useful.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: September 30, 2013, 09:49:42 AM »

Started painting on an old BSF design I made to create a Blackrock superfreighter. I haven't used my Wacom since 2004 but holy *** is it useful.

Im liking the basic design.
But that dosent look like a freighter...the way it looks right now, its giving me either the feeling of a would-be heavy-armored battleship or a spacecraft carrier.

To be more accurate, its the sides and front that gives me that feeling, they look like they'd either house massive guns or be big hangars

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: September 30, 2013, 09:52:01 AM »

Gonna fill the middle up with cargo modules that poke out from under the armor, I think. But the main idea is "heavily protected, huge cargo ship".

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: September 30, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »

So a Neutrino superfreighter?  :D (seriously, those things have more armour than the Banshee battleship from the same mod)

Being so bulky and heavily protected, I hope it gets good self defense armament. Again, looking towards the Neutrino Nausicaa super colliding super freighters (they also weigh a metric ton for starfarer ships), that thing gets -6- medium mounts. And while it does also have the Neutrino super efficient shields, it sadly does not get a burn drive or the Neutrino equivalent, a Cruise Drive.

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: September 30, 2013, 11:32:43 AM »

Im working(slowly) on a new freighter for the T.T. sub-faction Im making. This freighter should be huge, to be able to carry supplies/fuel to resupply a dreadnaught.

Currently Im trying to make a new fuel tank, using the vanilla sprite as a base, but would like to put T.T. color scheme on it, with some other details, I would add
later on the ship(like pipes.. etc..)

Which of this looks OK/SUXs?

Spoiler
[close]
(tiny spoiler)

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 482