Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 65

Author Topic: The Typo Thread  (Read 243007 times)

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
Re: The Typo Thread
« Reply #870 on: May 31, 2023, 07:50:47 PM »

I found another one in the Sindrian political questline.  When talking to Oxana Hyder about leadership candidates:

Spoiler
[close]

Pretty sure that's supposed to read, "How long has it been?"

(edit)

And another one.  When talking to Macario about Hyder:

Spoiler
[close]

That's either supposed to say "surprising" or there's a missing adjective there.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 10:35:58 AM by Network Pesci »

Layarion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 01, 2023, 03:47:24 PM »

second paragraph took 2 people to explain what it was saying to me. Promising experiments seems to expect the reader to understand the tone of voice the character is using to understand that it meant "we had high hopes for the experiments" but i instead thought it meant "this group promised to do experiments for us".

Also the lines "until an energy pulse we expected would get a response" is clunky and needs re-written as well. if the devs want to talk about it, i'll elaborate, but until i know this is being read by the devs, i'll just keep the reports short.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 02, 2023, 02:13:17 PM »

I think this works because he's chiding you for being "slow" to discover him (even though you're not) - he's an intelligence officer, and a _little_ arrogant, so I think it's appropriate.

I should've clarified a little, the player has the option to tell Finlay "It took you long enough to contact me" even though he didn't contact you, you contacted him.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding this conversation though.
^ Ohhh, hmm. I'll make a note to check the context; thanks!
I actually ran through this conversation sequence recently, and - given context - it actually does make sense for the player to be saying that!

Yes, at this point you're calling Finlay. But only because Finlay, at the end of talking to Cavin, contacted you and provided a comms ID. So he called you first (technically), and you can ask why it took him so long.

That said, there is a typo that I caught in this sequence!
Cavins considers you for a moment.
Should be Cavin.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Zruss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 02, 2023, 02:43:37 PM »

I think this works because he's chiding you for being "slow" to discover him (even though you're not) - he's an intelligence officer, and a _little_ arrogant, so I think it's appropriate.

I should've clarified a little, the player has the option to tell Finlay "It took you long enough to contact me" even though he didn't contact you, you contacted him.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding this conversation though.
^ Ohhh, hmm. I'll make a note to check the context; thanks!
I actually ran through this conversation sequence recently, and - given context - it actually does make sense for the player to be saying that!

Yes, at this point you're calling Finlay. But only because Finlay, at the end of talking to Cavin, contacted you and provided a comms ID. So he called you first (technically), and you can ask why it took him so long.

I didn't have Finlay contact me after Cavin. I got Finlays comms ID from the childhood friend IIRC, and Cavin gave me Zals info (Which I didn't follow up on in this playthrough, since Finlay tells you where to go). My calling Finlay was the very first time I'd had any contact with him.

Did you choose the options about "Making sure you're seen" when you're meeting with the potential contacts? Maybe Finlay contacts you first if you go that route.

giperka

• Ensign
  • i like 400+ su ships, how could you tell?
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 04, 2023, 05:50:31 AM »

i don't know if this has been reported yet or not but here i go. there's a / in Skathi's description, looks a bit out of place in my opinion

Edit: someone told me its like saying a mix of rocky silicate AND/OR water ice. sorry for the false report!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 10:22:48 AM by giperka »
RAMMING SPEEEED!
.www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNp5cOXz998

Jess_catte

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 05, 2023, 01:06:41 PM »

When completing the pilgrimage on Gilead the attendant, who says "The faithful must know keep watch for what is coming,".

Later on in the pilgrimage: "She also makes herself habit of knocking upon the doors of demons." I think should be changed to "a habit."

Later still, "tea cup" in the place of "teacup", feels like an inconsistency.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 01:37:12 PM by Jess_catte »

Demoncard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 08, 2023, 03:12:06 AM »

In the Hegemony Task Force dialogue after grabbing Gargoyle, selecting "These are exceptional inspection terms.", there is a missing apostrophe in the response: The Hegemony commander's eyes widen.

Comrade_Bobinski

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 09, 2023, 03:32:11 AM »

I have no screenshot to back this up, but on the colony screen I found a typo. When the hovering tooltip appears while pointing the cursors on some colony info, the planet name appears as "PlanetName" instead of "Planet". To be cleare, if my colony is called "Florida" then it will be called "FloridaName" on the flavor text from the tooltip.

Also, on a completly unrelated note; the extremly well done background image for Kazeron found in the game files does not appear in game when you dock at the Persean League's capital.

Jess_catte

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 15, 2023, 01:45:20 PM »

Posting this here cuz it seems related to the text engine.

The game's getting the color tags confused for the pirate faction and the cash reward.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 19, 2023, 05:43:43 AM »

When completing the pilgrimage on Gilead the attendant, who says "The faithful must know keep watch for what is coming,".

Later on in the pilgrimage: "She also makes herself habit of knocking upon the doors of demons." I think should be changed to "a habit."

Later still, "tea cup" in the place of "teacup", feels like an inconsistency.

"Teacup" is kinda blowing my mind, I'll be honest. Never really thought about it.

(re. "makes herself habit", I'm going for a somewhat archaic-feeling speech pattern here which I think is mostly valid.)

I have no screenshot to back this up, but on the colony screen I found a typo. When the hovering tooltip appears while pointing the cursors on some colony info, the planet name appears as "PlanetName" instead of "Planet". To be cleare, if my colony is called "Florida" then it will be called "FloridaName" on the flavor text from the tooltip.

Also, on a completly unrelated note; the extremly well done background image for Kazeron found in the game files does not appear in game when you dock at the Persean League's capital.

Hmm, are you on the latest version? These should both have been fixed by one of the hotfix updates.

Pretty sure that's supposed to read, "How long has it been?"

re. "How long as it been?": I like to think that the player character temporarily adopted a cockney accent for just the one response.

Otherwise, everything reported is fixed up! Thank you, everyone.

Demoncard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 19, 2023, 06:35:05 AM »

In the Sentinel visit: "You pause in your step: it must be a fiba (should be fibula?), or tibia. Maybe. You suspect that the Protocols would demand orderly containment of the honored dead."

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 19, 2023, 06:38:20 AM »

^ Thank you, fixed!

Sendrien

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 21, 2023, 08:10:01 AM »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 21, 2023, 08:23:43 AM »

Not a typo. "It's an Academician Sebestyen," is short for "It's a man calling himself Academician Sebestyen."

Sendrien

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 21, 2023, 10:16:34 AM »

Not a typo. "It's an Academician Sebestyen," is short for "It's a man calling himself Academician Sebestyen."

Oh wow, I totally didn't read it that way, but now that you bring my attention to it, it makes sense.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 65