Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 65

Author Topic: The Typo Thread  (Read 242668 times)

Turbulator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: The Typo Thread
« Reply #780 on: February 09, 2022, 02:11:55 AM »

Have a few you may want to look at as well as some questions that may also help identify other typos.
Typos
Possible typos
Questions
Comms ID, Comms-ID, Comm ID... Comm directory, Comms directory... are they all valid?

Capital letters:
In speech text, there are many occassions the talker will gesture in some way mid sentence before continuing on with what they have to say. But the continued speech sometimes starts with a capital letter, and sometimes without despite the lack of a full stop. Is there any reason?

I'm not sure how many times I've seen it but on most occasions when referring to Baird, it's 'provost' but rarely it's 'Provost'. I thought it was 'Provost' in speech like this but Vym's #777 image (lucky!) is an example against that and it makes me wonder why we aren't referred to as 'Captain' and also why 'nav' isn't 'Nav' and 'ops', 'Ops' etc...? Also found something of a similar vein with the 'Laicalle Executive Council' then 'Laicalle Habitat executive council'.

And why is it 'independents' and 'pirates' for missions but 'Independents' and 'Pirates' for Faction and Intel tabs?

If you could, please enlighten me on the above so I can lay my poor brain to rest; it would be much appreciated! :'(

Discontinuity
Searching the Groombridge habitat before speaking with the technicians doesn't acknowledge the fact the player knows what's there.

Taking the Hamatsu back to Callisto Ibrahim before starting the Ziggurat/Alpha site story line lacks acknowledgement from her.

Not jumping to the Galatia gate from Magec or using no gates and then travelling to the Academy still seems to imply they know what happened.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 07:04:27 AM by Turbulator »

woenoe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 21, 2022, 07:17:00 PM »

Noticed a small type in Citidel Arcadia flavor text (last sentence):

Later, crude weapons pods and armored nodules assembled from hulks destined for Argeus were been added

not sure what the author was going for here, maybe were being added ?

or just remove being and leave it as were added.

Not sure how others managed screenshots, maybe not working because I'm fullscreen windowed display, Alt-PrintScrn didn't seem to work either.

PolkTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 23, 2022, 09:34:46 AM »

Found not really a Typo but outdated description for the Planet Modifier "Organized Crime". It says "Increases demand for hand weapons", which aren't in the game any more.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 23, 2022, 10:42:20 AM »

Organized Crime is not used in vanilla anymore either, so...

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 15, 2022, 05:54:39 AM »

I'm not sure if this is a typo, most of time Agent Finlay is from Fleet Intelligence Service, but Cavin says he is from FleetSec.

He turns back to you. "Uh... let'see, it was Finlay. Agent Finlay something. He tried to appeal to my 'patriotism as a citizen of the League' and flashed his FleetSec ID at me. Ha! What a soulless minion of orthodoxy."

FleetSec- he means the Persean League internal intelligence apparatus. Interesting.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 23, 2022, 02:50:26 PM »

Coral Nebula's date format is inconsistent with the rest of the vanilla missions:
Date:   153.8.12
should be
Date:   153.08.12

Brookie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 06, 2022, 11:26:54 PM »

Just started playing, chose explorer and went to salvage the field, I believe it should say "the amount of resources" instead of "the amount resources".
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 11:28:57 PM by Brookie »

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 12, 2022, 07:34:17 AM »

All of the above are fixed in-dev.

If you could, please enlighten me on the above so I can lay my poor brain to rest; it would be much appreciated! :'(

Very comprehensive! Wow.

To answer your question: inconsistencies are generally the result of me screwing up.

0mn1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 22, 2022, 11:55:44 AM »

"volturnian lobster" not inclined?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 12:04:32 PM by 0mn1 »

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 24, 2022, 01:12:55 AM »

The academician-captain of the PLS Athena must leverage her ships' tactical maneuverability in a sudden, desperate fight for survival against a vastly superior Hegemony force.

Code
api.addToFleet(FleetSide.PLAYER, "aurora_Assault_Support", FleetMemberType.SHIP, "ISS Athena", true);

What did they mean by this? Is it ISS or PLS?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #790 on: June 08, 2022, 04:14:29 AM »

Two code-related text bugs I found recently.

Neutral fleet, hostile faction
Broadly, fleets have three different relationship-based responses possible in rules.csv's OpenCommLink:
- Friendly response (when faction is friendly)
- Neutral response (when faction is neutral)
- Hostile response (when fleet is hostile)

There is no case for when faction is hostile but fleet is neutral. I think if this happens normally, the fleet just refuses to answer the comm link. But when it's in response to player turning transponder on when requested, the dialog fails to advance:

Could be solved just by handling the case when no response is forthcoming after transponder is activated, I suppose. Certainly easier than redoing the OpenCommLink logic for all factions...
[close]

Commission annulment on relationship level

Here it says favorable or better RepLevel is required to keep the commission. But this is the requirement to join, not to stay; staying only requires neutral or higher.
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 08, 2022, 12:06:41 PM »

Two code-related text bugs I found recently.

Thank you! Fixed up the first one. The second one I think it's correct - it's showing you the requirement to get the commission back, which seems more relevant at that point.

Yendorc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 05, 2022, 11:08:13 PM »

Not really certain if it's a typo or not, but this has been bugging me for a while.

The Tac-Laser description mentions a "670nm marker beam".
670 nm wavelength results in red light.
The Tac-Laser is green.

at the same time, the Mining Laser also mentions a "670nm tracker beam".
And the Mining Laser is red.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 11:13:47 PM by Yendorc »

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 06, 2022, 05:03:21 AM »

"670nm marker beam" ... "670nm tracker beam"

Wow. TBH this is basically an oversight that's probably a decade old.

I've adjusted the numbers (though I might take them out, what with my No Numbers policy.)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 17, 2022, 07:51:15 AM »

"a sewing kit with strangly curved needles",
is strangly a word?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 65