Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 65

Author Topic: The Typo Thread  (Read 241649 times)

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Typo Thread
« Reply #525 on: June 15, 2020, 01:59:48 AM »

In the tooltip of a supergiant star:

"An O-type star of extreme temperature, luminosity, mass, and volume. The supergiant star is sufficiently massive that is transitions smoothly from burning hydrogen to helium and onward(...)"

Should be it, not is.

poika

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 04, 2020, 04:03:06 PM »

The skill description for Electronic Warfare reads "up to an maximum of 10% without skills."

poika

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 04, 2020, 04:14:51 PM »

The skill description for Salvaging reads "The skills required to get the find the most valuable items and extract most resources out of the various derelicts found on the Sector's fringes."

Should probably be "The skills required to get to find the most valuable..."
or simply "The skills required to find the most valuable..."
or "The skills required to get the most valuable..."

But certainly not both  :P

Weezer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 14, 2020, 02:12:23 PM »

Description of Kanni:
An underpaid mercenary company decided to exploit the political chaos following the Second AI war by taking control of Kanni, a megacorp resource-extraction outfit. The remote mining outpost has been controlled by a revolving comittee of brigands ever since, and the official request to the Hegemony to repossess the expropriated facilities and equipment has languished in a minor military court in the cycles since.

It should be committee not comittee.

Keep up the great work with the game by the way, I love it! One of the best games I've ever owned.

Weezer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 14, 2020, 04:13:56 PM »

Description of Cibola:
Many cycles ago, an ancient sporeship from the early days of human colonization encountered Cibola. An anomalous series of icy bodies had impacted the world, leaving it cooler and wetter than its equilibrium state and therefore within the sporeship’s colonization parameters. No history has survived of the subsequent cycles, but the late Domain colonizers who arrived in the Persean Sector found a dying world populated by a small, backward, and desperate human civilization clinging to survival. The situation is little improved since re-contact, and most Cibolans have left their homeworld - or wish they could.

More of a grammar thing but I think it should be **The situation has little improved since re-contact** rather than **The situation is little improved since re-contact**.

Weezer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 16, 2020, 04:34:45 PM »

Description of Epiphany:
Once a quiet mining colony, Epiphany was selected for settlement by the heretical leader of an obscure Luddic cult. After quite some scandal and a single violent death, the cult was ended, though a population sympathetic to Luddic beliefs lived on. Epithany's civilian government was toppled by Pathers during a burst of enthusiasm during the Second AI War. Its facilities are now used as training facility with the grudging cooperation of the old natives.

The second time Epiphany is said, its misspelled as Epithany. Also instead of training facility it should be training facilities, but I think training grounds would fit better.

DarkAlbino

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 01, 2020, 01:46:30 PM »

The ship names in the fleet tab don't support special characters but the names in the refit screen and intel tab do. E.g. i named a ship "Trompe-l'œil" and it shows as "Trompe-l'?il" in the fleet tab. As i already said the name shows up fine in the intel tab and the refit screen.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #532 on: January 23, 2021, 12:19:18 AM »

I just noticed that, while Rare Ore has been renamed to Transplutonic Ore elsewhere in the game, this wasn't applied to the planet condition names (e.g. it's still "Moderate Rare Ore Deposits").

GenericGoose

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 29, 2021, 08:36:13 AM »

'weapon empacements' in the domain mothership encounter

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 09, 2021, 06:40:03 AM »

In rules.csv, bar_shuttleDescGeneric has You take a shuttle down to the main concourse and quickly find a likely-looking establishment; it should probably be lively.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 13, 2021, 09:21:59 AM »

Likely is correct. It is a bar that is likely to have the sort of people you are looking for.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 20, 2021, 12:39:08 PM »

I know this isn't even used in vanilla, but since seeker uses it, this came to my attention.

The ion storm description in descriptions.csv has a typo; A storm of high energy ions and exceptionally strong magnetic fluctuations. <ost ships are not...

The < should probably be a M.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 26, 2021, 11:53:17 AM »

Tutorial, on contacting the Agent - old and new text present in dialogue (double).

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 26, 2021, 11:58:16 AM »

Champion hull description: "to unleash a crippling strikes".

EDIT: Fury description has the first paragraph end with ., and the text "so as to inflict maximum effect upon the enemy" reads a bit oddly to me. Might just be me, but maybe should be "damage" instead of "effect"?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 12:07:14 PM by AcaMetis »

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 26, 2021, 12:14:09 PM »

Champion hull description: "to unleash a crippling strikes".

EDIT: Fury description has the first paragraph end with ., and the text "so as to inflict maximum effect upon the enemy" reads a bit oddly to me. Might just be me, but maybe should be "damage" instead of "effect"?

Thanks, both now fixed in master.

Tutorial, on contacting the Agent - old and new text present in dialogue (double).

Thanks, got that on our TODO List.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 65