Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 65

Author Topic: The Typo Thread  (Read 243019 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: The Typo Thread
« Reply #420 on: November 23, 2018, 08:22:19 AM »

Fikenhilde in Westernesse; "contrained"
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 23, 2018, 08:32:41 AM »

Tattooed Roughs bar encounter; if you accept, it mentions "mildly radioactive sicilate gravel" - I think that should be "silicate"?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 24, 2018, 01:13:44 AM »

The Mudskipper's description:

"The HGA-220 was first produced as the 'Pegasus'-class but it has since been annointed it with the altogether more humble name 'Mudskipper'." Extra word.

Also this is one of the descriptions that begin with lore rather than a concise paragraph for tooltips.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 24, 2018, 10:38:09 AM »

Technically not a typo, but rather a misleading logic hole in hyperspace storm's description:

"In addition, storm strikes toss the fleet's drive bubble about with great violence, often causing a loss of control. Some commanders are known to use these to gain additional speed, and to save fuel"

This is untrue - hyperspace storms do not let you save fuel, as the amount of fuel depends on the distance traveled. You just travel faster. The fuel usage will dramatically spike when you speed up with the storm, so you burn the same amount as if you flew the same distance slower.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 24, 2018, 11:44:41 AM »

@Wapno fuel use is capped at burn 20, so if you use a storm to go faster than that, you're saving fuel.

The description of the event "Luddic Path Cells - Dissolved" is the same as for "Luddic Path Cells - Sleeper" and makes no sense in context (talks about the cell being established and that there is no impact on operations "yet")

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 24, 2018, 02:18:36 PM »

When visiting Beholder Station:

"Storm systems the size of a standard terrestrial worlds..." should be 'world'.

Lacicaille Habitat:

"Laicaille habitat was see, was conquered, and then..." should be 'seen'.

Madeira's planetary landing description is odd. It says it has a small population but it's only smaller than Kazeron and Zagan. Relatively speaking it's at worst a medium-sized polity. The part about the Domain counting on its loyalty doesn't flow well either, in particular why does the Domain care? It's not a very special planet.

Cibola's planetary landing description:

"... leaving it colder and wetter than its equillibrium state..." should be 'equilibrium'.

Ailmar's description:

"... and even forests of larch6..." ??? I have no idea what this is meant to be.

Suddene's planetary landing description:

"... begrudgingly subservient to Fikenhild in economical political matters." should be "economical and political'?

Also,

"Reforms by one recent the King of Westernesse..." extra 'the'.

Horn's description:

"Not that they would be much desirable anyway on this world..." should be 'there".

Fikenhild's planetary landing description:

"Most potential excesses of the system are contrained by a culture of alternately racous and sentimental audience participation segments... " first one should be 'contained' or 'constrained', second should be 'raucous'.

Also I'm not entirely sure what this sentence is trying to say: I get that the king rules at the whims of the people but what are these "culture of audience participation segments" and what's their relevance?

When Luddic Path demands a tithe from you:

"Sevant of Moloch blah blah blah... Forswear this pennance and be met with annihilation..." should be 'penance'.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 12:23:07 PM by Embolism »

Ceebees

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 24, 2018, 07:35:20 PM »

This is so small i thought i'd put it in typos instead of its own bug report, but the name of a player-built station doesn't update if you rename the colony, and i can't see any way to individually edit it.

Chaos Farseer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 25, 2018, 04:47:22 PM »

Shipping Disruption condition for colonies, last sentence: "commodity availability should return to normal leves in approximately three months."  "Levels" is misspelled.

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 26, 2018, 02:40:13 AM »

"A concerned-looking [PERSON] in a [FACTION] uniform  is sitting at a corner table..." I think there's an extra space between 'uniform' and 'is'.

Unsure if this one is a typo or not but Jangala's description mentions "cyclones of megastorms", is it meant to be "cyclones and megastorms"? Or maybe 'cyclonic megastorms'?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 01:11:58 PM by Embolism »

XazoTak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 26, 2018, 02:49:13 AM »

When handing in an AI core: "The Hegemony is treaty bound to take posession of any such objects"

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 26, 2018, 08:33:43 AM »

Hanan Pacha's planetary landing description calls it "Hana Pacha".

When handing in AI Cores to Tri-Tachyon officials, they call themselves "TriTachyon" without the hyphen.

Drone_Fragger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 26, 2018, 11:39:27 AM »

Perdition Bomber is tagged as High Tech rather than Low Tech.

I'm guessing as a Jury Rigged Luddic Path bomber made from converted civilian craft it should not count as "high tech"?

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 26, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »

When going into a non-free port with your transponder off:

"Your fleet goes into orbit around [PLANET], ignoring requests from the [FACTION] port authority to idenfity yourself." Should be 'identify'.

After offering to buy a drink for the veteran Spacer:

"It all began when [THEY] were a hired on to a salvage fleet..." extra 'a'.

"... as the fleet suddenly left a rich asteroid belt for the outter system jump point." Should be 'outer'.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 01:11:21 PM by Embolism »

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 27, 2018, 08:16:02 AM »

Took care of everything posted here since Alex's last reply. Thanks all!

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 27, 2018, 08:34:56 AM »

I think the last sentence of the salvage rig description doesn't apply any longer.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 65