Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 65

Author Topic: The Typo Thread  (Read 242700 times)

Vyn

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: The Typo Thread
« Reply #690 on: June 27, 2021, 04:36:53 PM »

When one visits the Galatia Academy after completing the mission to find Scylla Coureuse and decoding the Kallichore Archives, there's an extra "an" in the text:

"Captain," your comm officer says, "It's an Academician Sebestyen. He'd like to speak with you."

Edit: this same typo appears again after exploring the Alpha Site, completing the Ziggurat quest, then revisiting the academy.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 07:30:00 AM by Vyn »

iginjw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 27, 2021, 09:02:50 PM »

Spoiler
[close]
When breaking Elissa Zal out of Kanta's Den via marines, "Possible" is used rather than "Possibly" when referring to incoming mines. It is visible at the bottom right of the chunk of text.

Vyn

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 29, 2021, 07:17:40 AM »

After one obtains the Ziggurat, a set of bar conversations with faction agents are unlocked. When speaking with the Hegemony agent Lynn Osborn, there are multiple references to "c-con" thugs, but the term seems to change during some conversation choices...

You note the c-com covering the room fall away.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 07, 2021, 10:11:52 PM »

valkyrie description needs a period in between moot & the
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Dufaer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 09, 2021, 01:14:44 AM »

In a bar:
It takes you only halfway through a light drink before you have the angry man opening up about her problems.
"man", "her". Should be "his" instead.

Later in the same dialogue:
A quick review of $dcom_hisOrHer TriPad suggests
So that's also broken.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 01:17:51 AM by Dufaer »

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 14, 2021, 03:29:16 PM »

In com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.EventHorizonPlugin.java:
tooltip.addPara("The drive field is also distrupted, making getting away from the event horizon more difficult.", pad);

Also, not a typo, but in data/missions/hornetsnest/mission_text.txt:
It is clear that either Kanta herself or someone on a high rung of her organization has taken offense at Ibrahim's salvage operation, for the usual in-fighting among the vultures has ceased and a distressingly large (though low-tech) cruiser has appeared on long-range sensors.
It might help mitigate people's perception that low tech is inferior to the other techs by design if the game didn't offer some subtle jabs at it as well.  ;)

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 17, 2021, 02:07:39 AM »

Rift Lance weapon tooltip:

"...that the Creator may renew our us..."

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 20, 2021, 08:04:27 PM »

Rule: ome_greetingMercPlayerWasJerk

"I've heard of you, $playerName, and despite your, ah, mixed reputation, I am willing to deal. After all," $heOrShe takes a philosophical tone, "I wouldn't be a mercenary if the offer of enough credits didn't turn my head against by better judgment."

Also see the bottom portion of this screenshot - looks like a gender variable isn't available or is incorrectly spelled or something:

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 22, 2021, 04:47:53 PM »

(Sorry if any of these have already been posted and fixed btw. I haven't followed the thread too closely.)

"The Champion-class heavy cruiser is a versatile warship featuring a range of powerful energy weapons; the crowning element is a heavy energy turret mounting, rare among midline ships. This offensive array is backed by a robust energy grid capable of supercharging the energy weapon loadout, increasing damage output to devastating levels. A heavy missile hardpoint complements the loadout by enabling the Champion to unleash a crippling strikes without taxing flux levels. The Champion is a solid and capable contender, able to face capital ships on the battle-line.

A relatively recent design, the Champion is a product of the historically recent ""Cruiser School"" naval revolution that never saw active service in the pre-collapse Domain Armada. Although prototypes were constructed and forge-ready specifications distributed to several battlegroups, the Chamption was never cleared for active deployment due to an ongoing lawsuit between Altair Exotech and Orion Shipyards. Each megacorp accused the other of industrial espionage and innappropriately influencing the Armada officers overseeing the procurement process. The truth was more complex, inflaming longstanding rivalries in the officer corps as the investigatory committee called witness after witness. The Collapse prevented any sort of conclusive ruling from reaching the Persean Sector however, and now the entire matter is considered irrelevant. With the discovery of Champion plans on a Domain armaments courier, the warship was quickly put into service by the fleet of the Persean League, among others."

Alphastring

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 13, 2021, 01:40:52 PM »

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but:

"Church of Galactic Redeption" is missing an m in redemption.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 21, 2021, 03:54:47 PM »

"Domain-Era forge components is located" should be "are located"

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #701 on: September 11, 2021, 07:30:12 PM »

Econ config mistake: Donn is size 4 while having the size 3 condition.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 20, 2021, 09:52:36 PM »

Spoiler
[close]
He flips through a series of null readouts on a datpad and, satisfied, sets it aside.

Dat pad

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 27, 2021, 01:02:23 PM »

"Father has demanded I rid myself of an old frieghter I've been meaning to fix up, he says it's taking up valuable space in his orbital hangar. I think he's being tremendously unfair. Perhaps you could take it?"

The heck is an oppo?
"The oppo may be expecting you. We have intel on their defenses," the $manOrWoman places a datapad on the table for your inspection.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 01:28:50 PM by Techpriest »

JunkerWillie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 11, 2021, 09:52:19 AM »

Here's what generated this typo:
  • Visit dockside bar.
  • Carefully approach the angry woman in the expensive suit.
Last Paragraph: A quick review of $dcom_hisorHer Tripad suggests that you'd need around 50 marines to carry off the operation.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 65