Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Forming a guild/outfit/unit thing  (Read 6435 times)

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
Forming a guild/outfit/unit thing
« on: August 31, 2012, 08:29:38 PM »

Anyone want to help found a guildy/outfit/thing founded on similar principles to the now apparently defunct Sword of Laban?

These are namely:
(1) Play fair
(2) Don't swear

Seems hard to find a crew willing to run thusly....   ;p
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Forming a guild/outfit/unit thing
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 12:57:22 AM »

for what game exactly?

neonesis

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 02:12:43 AM »

for what game exactly?
I guess it's for all games possible. You know, guys for playing, guys you can trust.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 08:21:10 AM »

Was thinking specifically planetside2 and/or MWO.

The general idea is just to have a community for weirdos like me who don't like the swears and other more base parts that seem to pervade gamer culture.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:37:46 AM »

If I could run Planetside 2 on my laptop, sure as hell I'd join you. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »

The "no swearing" rule would bug me.

EDIT: Perhaps I should elaborate before I sound like a giant douche. I'm not the kind of person that drops the F-bomb in every sentence, but when I get killed or lose or whatever I'm going to say a few obscenities. I'm not going to get angry at people or anything.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:25:10 PM by BillyRueben »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 09:17:09 AM »

Agreed on that.

On topic, yeah, i'd like to join that guild. Provided there's no force to have mic, otherwise i wouldn't really like it, but hey! Screw that, i'm getting a new mic soon anyways :)

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »

Agreed on that.

On topic, yeah, i'd like to join that guild. Provided there's no force to have mic, otherwise i wouldn't really like it, but hey! Screw that, i'm getting a new mic soon anyways :)

Yay then we can chat on BF3!

So is this PS2? Or all games?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 07:32:17 PM »

Actually, if you need an off-map (not in-game, but if you give me a map of the game you're in...) tactician, I'm here.  I can take a few forces and redeploy them to take down a larger force. :)
(Even at 15, I've been studing WWII for WAYY too long, if you're wondering why. ;D)
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 01:16:12 AM »

Actually, if you need an off-map (not in-game, but if you give me a map of the game you're in...) tactician, I'm here.  I can take a few forces and redeploy them to take down a larger force. :)
(Even at 15, I've been studing WWII for WAYY too long, if you're wondering why. ;D)

oh man, don't start with me on that one. whilst i hasn't studied world war 2 as long as you have, I've been studying war far longer than what would be considered healthy ;D

All the way from 16 and 17th century musket warfare to sci-fi space and ground warfare. i know enough tactics to beat a larger force. ;)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 04:02:43 AM »

oh man, don't start with me on that one. whilst i hasn't studied world war 2 as long as you have, I've been studying war far longer than what would be considered healthy ;D

All the way from 16 and 17th century musket warfare to sci-fi space and ground warfare. i know enough tactics to beat a larger force. ;)
Are you wholly sure on that?
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 04:04:38 AM »

Wholly sure on that i can beat a larger force, or wholly sure on that i have studied war?

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 04:19:37 AM »

Wholly sure on that i can beat a larger force, or wholly sure on that i have studied war?
That you know enough tactics to beat a larger force. You didn't specify what the larger force consisted of either, and if both Starfarer and Mount and Blade have taught me anything it's that it's very difficult to beat a larger force of equal strength. In fact, nigh impossible (in M&B)
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 04:23:54 AM »

Indeed, in M&B it is, but, once you get a hold of a good strategy, it gets kind of easier. My advice is to try and out-flank a larger force, that way, while your main force deals with them head on (you have to hope that they survive here), you can mount a surprise attack on their flanks, or rears, which they are unprepared on, and therefor fail to counter it correctly.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 06:45:28 AM »

Start with what seems to be the main force on one side (flanking), and as soon as the enemy turns all his forces to take on that charge, another force comes up from the other flank (now you are behind the enemy).  As that one crashes into the enemy forces, take the other flanking force and charge in.  Simple. :)
Pages: [1] 2