Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1536510 times)

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Console Commands v3.0 WIP 7.6 (released 2018-12-07)
« Reply #825 on: May 17, 2020, 10:18:14 PM »

this is the more simplified version of the Stable Location based on the player location found way earlier of this forum post you can search for it though unless you are a lazy person
Code
runcode PlanetAPI star = ((StarSystemAPI) $loc).getStar(); if (star != null) { $loc.addCustomEntity(null, null, "stable_location", "neutral").setCircularOrbitPointingDown(star, VectorUtils.getAngle(star.getLocation(), $playerFleet.getLocation()), MathUtils.getDistance(star.getLocation(), $playerFleet.getLocation()), 180f); }
you can change stable location to "nav_buoy", "comm_relay", "sensor_array" while adding "nav_buoy_makeshift" so on and so forth turns them into makeshift variants

I got autogenerate Hyperspace jump points to work
Code
runcode Global.getSector().getStarSystem("System Name").autogenerateHyperspaceJumpPoints(true,true)
// the first true statement is for Gas Giants
// the second true statement is for generating Fringe Jump Points
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:47:51 PM by Algester »

Lord_Asmodeus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 30, 2020, 08:49:41 AM »

So due to some error I got some blueprints for fighters that ended up being like, ship hulls instead of fighter LPC's, and I was hoping to just console up some of those fighter BP's to make up for it... but I can't seem to identify the right name for the fighter BP, as the names of the fighters isn't being recognized

EldrickTobin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 01, 2020, 12:32:01 PM »

So due to some error I got some blueprints for fighters that ended up being like, ship hulls instead of fighter LPC's, and I was hoping to just console up some of those fighter BP's to make up for it... but I can't seem to identify the right name for the fighter BP, as the names of the fighters isn't being recognized

TL:DR
You need to check data\hulls\wing_data.csv for the reference you're looking for.

ALSO you can put in partials for "LIST WING" and "LIST HULL"

THE LONG VERSION: (dunno if you need this or not, but here it is)

Say you were looking for some nice vanilla Broadsword 'FIGHTERS'

"list ships broadsword"
"list hulls broadsword"

(you get no results due to the size being FIGHTER)

"list wings broadsword"
broadsword_wing

(What you wanted to find but... what did you end up with? How'd you get ship hulls?)

list variants broadsword

(And here's where your problem kicks in...)

Variants starting with "broadsword":
broadsword_Fighter, broadsword_Hull

_hull is added by the game, and default settings auto-correct as follows in this fabricated but accurate example. [I've smashed into it a heap with my own added fighters]

"addwing broadsword" into "addwing broadsword_hull" instead of "addwing broadsword_wing" because of alphabetization I suspect.

So in this admittedly easy case we open up wing_data.csv and dig for "broadsword_fighter"

OH it's broadsword_WING.

"addwing broadsword_wing" and bam.

hey need 4 because the glitch gave you 4 messed up BPs? plop a 4 on the end.

And since you don't sound like you live for using the console every few minutes (`-` Hi) you're all done.

checking the source's files for if it's more than a one time glitch is outside the scope of this garbage tutorial. But no one spoke up (in the thread) and as a ADD ALL THE THINGS Ambassador I wanted to extend an olive branch.

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 05, 2020, 07:51:49 AM »

I spawned a stable location via console but eventually it has been moved away into middle of the sun. How can I remove it or relocate it?

Lord_Asmodeus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 06, 2020, 09:42:01 AM »

Thanks for the help with the fighter thing. It seems like there might be some mod-specific issues with one of the fighters but overall that solved my problem.

On another note, I can't seem to get a moon to spawn, mostly for aesthetic reasons if I'm honest but I've tried the moon spawning command line, even looked for the specific planet id with the devmode memory dump, and I keep getting a nullpointer exception which causes it to fail, which to me seems like I'm still somehow messing up the id of the planet I want the moon to be around?

alexwtb234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 07, 2020, 10:02:38 AM »

A amazing command would be being able to add any hullmod, even built in hullmods, to the commanded ship.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 07, 2020, 10:21:21 AM »

Is there are command to add into player's inventory certain amount of all weapons and fighter wings existed in game?

I know there are AllWeapons and AllWings, but they are spawned, IIRC in a Corvus system and only one for each.

Or is there a way to configurate addweapon and addwing commands to be applied to all weapons/wings? I mean, we can "survey all", why not "addweapon all 100"?
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 07, 2020, 11:28:37 AM »

That's odd, when I use the all weapons or allwings command it spawns 999 of each to the abandoned station's storage
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 07, 2020, 11:57:42 AM »

RLY? Forget then.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 10, 2020, 04:07:30 AM »

I have been looking at the API and it seems there is no way for console command to use addPlanet where the planet size and orbit is automatically generated bu the game? through the use of math utilities?

Kothyxaan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 10, 2020, 12:29:24 PM »

Looking for some help with the console commands.

Is there a way to spawn an active Remnant Nexus (at the play location, sorta like the stable location spawning)?

Also the planet spawning command, how exactly is it done? Could someone show the code for what will spawn some random planet at the player location (or just any planet really that I can copy paste and use in game).

Help appreciated.

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 10, 2020, 07:25:39 PM »

Is there a way to spawn an active Remnant Nexus (at the play location, sorta like the stable location spawning)?

Also the planet spawning command, how exactly is it done? Could someone show the code for what will spawn some random planet at the player location (or just any planet really that I can copy paste and use in game).

Help appreciated.

you could use the same code for the stable location to spawn a remnant nexus since its nearly the same thing used to make pirate stations but exactly what is the custom entity called I do not know

as for your question on planets thing is I'm still working out the kinks in the code where planet generation is technically randomized

https://pastebin.com/iYxVK2Bq

right now the code looks like that I just used the code posted by rrz85012 and added a random number generator for the planet radius between 100-300
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 08:33:10 PM by Algester »

Kothyxaan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 11, 2020, 01:40:09 AM »

Help appreciated.

you could use the same code for the stable location to spawn a remnant nexus since its nearly the same thing used to make pirate stations but exactly what is the custom entity called I do not know

as for your question on planets thing is I'm still working out the kinks in the code where planet generation is technically randomized

https://pastebin.com/iYxVK2Bq

right now the code looks like that I just used the code posted by rrz85012 and added a random number generator for the planet radius between 100-300

The planet spawning is so easy now you have pointed the way. Cheers!

The Remnant Nexus one is more difficult. Still cannot figure it out, I have tried changing the stable_location  to remnant_station2_Standard and remnant_station2, but they don't work. I think it is because they are considered ships (maybe if they were added to the spawnfleet command? but then they wouldn't be static and have other ships there in the same "fleet"? meh).
I have used (when trying to get the Remant Nexus to show) the stable locations code to spawn derelicts and stations (all things from the custom_entities.json). The stations though (even when spanwed as remnant) don't do anything.
I think to get to work what I want I would need to spawn a planet with headquarters etc, and put it under remnant control (maybe tinker with their faction file).

Now I make another request for help. How do I hand a new planet over to a faction? I have made a planet, occupied it, set up its industry now I want to hand it over to another faction. I tried: SetMaketOwner Remnant
I get Error: could not find entity with name "remnant"
Nevermind you can do this in game without console commands. Mind you, there is no Remnant option, must be in the faction file somewhere.
Unless there is a console command to bypass this?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 02:27:57 AM by Kothyxaan »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #838 on: June 11, 2020, 07:53:32 AM »

SetMarketOwner command (from Nex) requires specifying the market name/ID first, then the faction.

Remnant Nexus and other stations are technically fleets, these require somewhat different and more code to spawn.
code not provided in this post

Kothyxaan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 11, 2020, 09:13:04 AM »

SetMarketOwner command (from Nex) requires specifying the market name/ID first, then the faction.

Remnant Nexus and other stations are technically fleets, these require somewhat different and more code to spawn.
code not provided in this post

Thanks, you helped me figure out the setmarketowner command.

As for the Remnant Nexus, that's what I figured. I have no idea how to get round it.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 93