Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1535533 times)

penuy147

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Console Commands v3.0 WIP 7.6 (released 2018-12-07)
« Reply #735 on: December 12, 2019, 04:55:45 PM »

Hi everyone
Is there a command to force complete missions? I accidentally let the planet from the tutorial mission die while exploiting their economy selling supplies to them. Basically, I'm stuck as still being in a tutorial when I want the game to become campaign. Just a command to complete the "Stabilize the Jump-points" would be nice as the person I'm supposed to tell is dead.
Thanks.

The_White_Falcon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 14, 2019, 09:58:41 AM »

Spoiler
Can't seem to find this on the forum; but what is the nanoforge(s) parameter for heavyindustry or oribtalworks?  I.E.  "addindustry orbitalworks prestine_nanoforge alpha_core" only adds an orbital works with an alpha core.  No setting for nanoforges seem to be set for this command (at least to the best of my abilities I have not been able to get any nanoforge type to spawn in with the addindustry command).

Are nanoforges set in the parameters for the addindustry command?  If so, what are they?

BUG REPORTS
1) I noticed a bug with the non-dev version recently released where if you increase the population; the industry max number does not increase with it.  This same thing happens whether I do a "RunCode" command or a simple "addcondition" command.
2) On rare occasions; increasing the population via console command will result in 2 population numbers in the UI.  Let's say you start out with a population of 3 for a settlement.  You use console commands to increase the population to 7.  However when you look at the settlement stats, it shows the 3 symbol still but a new population symbol representing the 7 is now next to it.  This seems to be purely a UI glitch as everything else changes in regards to the increased population.  Leaving the settlement and coming back does not make this glitch go away.
[close]
Not sure about the rest, but for the nanoforge issue I might have an idea. Not sure if you copy-pasted the code for adding the nanoforge, but you seem to have mispelled "pristine" as "prestine". Maybe that's it? Otherwise, it might be that the nanoforge code uses "baseItem_modifier" as that would keep them together when ordered alphabetically, so maybe try "nanoforge_pristine"? That logic doesn't make much sense when you compare it to the alpha core which does it the other way around, but I have no idea otherwise... Maybe the ordering needs to be different, like do the core then the nanoforge?
WOW, that was such a silly mistake; thanks for pointing that out.  It does indeed work fine for the pristine_nanoforge.  As for the visual population bug, I managed to reproduce it.  I have provided a screenshot for you.

https://imgur.com/gallery/pGJRYPC
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 10:02:38 AM by The_White_Falcon »

Mozon1337

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 14, 2019, 03:30:40 PM »

Hi i just down loaded this mod and when ever i try to start up the game I get this

Failed to find script of class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl]

and when i un-check the mod it loads fine. Can someone help please?

This is also my first time modding this game so go easy on me.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 03:32:52 PM by Mozon1337 »

The_White_Falcon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 15, 2019, 12:52:41 PM »

Hi i just down loaded this mod and when ever i try to start up the game I get this

Failed to find script of class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl]

and when i un-check the mod it loads fine. Can someone help please?

This is also my first time modding this game so go easy on me.

Try these steps :
1) Try downloading the mod again.  I would personally recommend you use the latest 'dev' version (Console_Commands_dev_build_667.zip).  It's older than the "regular version" (Console Commands (3.0 WIP).zip) but allows a lot more to be done in the game.
2) Once you download the file make sure to drag the zipped folder into your starsector/mods folder. 
3) Unzip the the folder (I normally use 7-zip and right-click the zipped folder and select 'unzip here' option)
4) Delete the zipped folder from the mod folder now that you have the unzipped folder.
5) Make sure you do this for all mods (unzip the files into the starsector/mods folder and remove the zipped file afterwards)
6) For safe measure, start the game as an admin (right-click starsector and select 'run as administrator')
7) When you start starsector, click the mods button and make sure the mod is selected and click save

I would personally deactivate every other mod and just keep console commands active.  Start a new game and see if it loads/starts properly.  If it does; try activating your other mods and see if you get another error.  Chances are that there is probably either a bad mod installation, a mod version conflict or maybe even one mod interfering with another.  The only way to fish out which mod is the trouble maker is to reactivate them one-by-one and load up the game to see if you get an error loading.

There is also a possibility that if you update a mod, it may not be save-compatible.  Mod authors will normally warn about this but make sure if you update a mod not to delete the previous version (remove it from the mod folder but store it somewhere else like a Starsector Backups folder on your desktop) just in case you run into this problem and don't want to start a new game.  Following this practice, if you run into an update conflict with your saved game(s) you can just remove the updated version and bring the older version back into your mods folder so you can continue with your saved campaign.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 01:18:36 PM by The_White_Falcon »

The_White_Falcon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 15, 2019, 01:01:14 PM »

Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to use the command "list ships" with a 'contains' argument.  For instance, instead of having to look at hundreds of ships (especially if you use multiple mods) or have to navigate to the mod's ships.csv file to figure out the string name of the ship; would it be possible to add in a command like "list ships_containing <search string>" that would do a search for all ship strings containing the search string instead of just beginning with it.

EX) Stop Gap Measure mod has a Zenith ship added to the game.  One would think the beginning abbreviation for the ship would be something like "sgm_zenith".  Unfortunately this is not the case; after finally giving up looking for it using in-game console commands; I had to check for the ships.csv file in the mod's folder to figure out the beginning abbreviation was "filgap_zenith".  To save time (and hair pulls) I was curious if a simple list ships containing <search string> command could be implemented where I would just search for all ship strings containing the string "zenith".

EDIT : Was wondering if there was also a command to instantly repair disrupted industries from invasions/raids.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 02:13:56 PM by The_White_Falcon »

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 25, 2019, 05:13:44 AM »

For a command suggestion, is there anyway to refresh config files? Some settings like the number of bounties do not update without starting a new save, and updating settings without restarting would be very cool too. Also the above suggestion for a contains argument would be fantastic.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 05:29:08 AM by HeartofDiscord »

Rendar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 26, 2019, 09:32:01 AM »

Hello guys,

I get the same error as Mozon1337 above. The steps provided by The_White_Falcon didn't help unfortunately. What Mozon1337 was a bit vague about is that the game crashes on startup, you don't even reach the main menu.

I have no other mods installed nor have I ever. I have the 0.9.1a-RC8 version of the game and I used the dev build 667 version.

The_White_Falcon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 26, 2019, 07:21:09 PM »

Hello guys,

I get the same error as Mozon1337 above. The steps provided by The_White_Falcon didn't help unfortunately. What Mozon1337 was a bit vague about is that the game crashes on startup, you don't even reach the main menu.

I have no other mods installed nor have I ever. I have the 0.9.1a-RC8 version of the game and I used the dev build 667 version.

The error seems to be that it is unable to access the file(s) specified.  Normally this is because of 2 reasons:
1) Permissions problems (starting a program in admin mode NORMALLY solves this problem)
2) You're actually missing these files for some odd reason; in this case you should reinstall the game entirely.

Let me know if this works for you and good luck.

Rendar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 27, 2019, 01:41:42 AM »

Hello guys,

The error seems to be that it is unable to access the file(s) specified.  Normally this is because of 2 reasons:
1) Permissions problems (starting a program in admin mode NORMALLY solves this problem)
2) You're actually missing these files for some odd reason; in this case you should reinstall the game entirely.

I had actually forgotten to try the admin mode. Didn't help though, but I did find what does. It said so very clearly in the first post in this thread (duh) - You need to use LazyLib. If you do, it works! It's like magic!  ::)

Thanks for the help anyway and have great New Year!

The_White_Falcon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 27, 2019, 08:03:56 AM »

Spoiler
Hello guys,

[close]
I had actually forgotten to try the admin mode. Didn't help though, but I did find what does. It said so very clearly in the first post in this thread (duh) - You need to use LazyLib. If you do, it works! It's like magic!  ::)

Thanks for the help anyway and have great New Year!
Glad it all worked out.  I had assumed that you guys had downloaded the requirements.  However after rereading what I typed it actually sounds like I wanted you all to NOT have LazyLib active along with Console Commands which could have also caused this issue.  My apologies for the oversight  :-[.

TiberQ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 29, 2019, 12:24:19 PM »

Ran into a problem i cannot fix using commands.
A mod called COPS is causing alot of issues, even tho i can kill their fleets whit this command tool, i cannot reassign their planets to either death or even better, flip them to independents.

Could a kill / flip command be added for planets? effectively deleting a faction / mod from a running game.

Uberquake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 31, 2019, 03:26:43 AM »

This may have been answered somewhere within the last 50 pages of responses, but a Google search didn't return it and I thought I'd just ask. Please don't get upset with me for not wanting to re-read all 50 pages.

How do I create a command that simply combines a list of commands?

For instance: a command like, "Omnipotence" which just throws "god;nocooldown;reveal;infiniteflux;infiniteammo;infinitecr" into the console.

Also, is there a way to make it so that I wouldn't have to type that in prior to every single battle? I'd prefer to enter it once, as I start up the game, and have it just stay that way.

Thank you.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 31, 2019, 07:35:51 AM »

How do I create a command that simply combines a list of commands?

For instance: a command like, "Omnipotence" which just throws "god;nocooldown;reveal;infiniteflux;infiniteammo;infinitecr" into the console.

Add it to Console Commands/data/console/aliases.csv.
e.g. a new row containing:
20 omnipotence god;nocooldown;reveal;infiniteflux;infiniteammo;infinitecr

I don't think there's a way to have it auto-apply when the battle starts without making your own mod that detects when a battle starts and applies the console commands.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Uberquake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 01, 2020, 04:28:39 AM »

Thank you. Now I need to figure out how to write a mod that does exactly that.

Grintch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 04, 2020, 04:20:58 PM »

Hi. I'm new to the game and I can't get the game to launch with this mod activated. It's the only mod I have. I get an error stating:

Starsector 0.9.1a-RC8

Fatal: Failed to find script of class
[com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl]
Check starsector.log for more info.

Any idea what the problem could be?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 93