Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1535664 times)

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Console Commands v3.0 WIP 6 (released 2017-11-30)
« Reply #555 on: November 09, 2018, 05:37:23 PM »

Thanks!
 I just double checked the stable version, and there wasn't a text scaling percentage there.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 12, 2018, 07:09:36 PM »

Hey, just a heads up to anyone using one of the dev versions of this mod that are floating around: those dev versions may conflict with today's LazyLib release. You can update to this dev version from last month to avoid the issue.

People still on WIP 6 should be fine, though honestly the above dev version is likely far better and more stable than WIP 6. :)

Tyranicus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 16, 2018, 12:23:58 PM »

I keep getting this error "java preferences access not allowed to scripts" any help?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 16, 2018, 12:29:38 PM »

This mod is not updated for 0.9a yet. It'll probably be a while before there's a proper release (I was working on several half-finished features when 0.9a came out), but here is a barely tested, probably extremely buggy dev version to tide everyone over until I can get v3.0 final out. As always, this mod requires LazyLib.

SpawnFleet and SetCommission are disabled in this build as I haven't gotten around to updating them for 0.9a yet. Also, any console customization you've done has been lost with the move to the common data API that was added in 0.9a. You'll need to run the Settings command again to get things back to the way you prefer them.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 12:32:10 PM by LazyWizard »

tchan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thanks for making the quick update wip for .9a  ;D

I know you said it's super buggy, so I'm wondering if one of the bugs include turning on God mode would prevent enemy AI from attacking you?   ???

[I disabled all other mods and am using only Console Commands .9 dev and lazy lib]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 02:11:48 PM by tchan »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile

The invincibility itself is implemented the same way that it was in prior versions. There might have been a change to the vanilla AI to make them not target something they can't damage, in which case I'll have to do some tweaking to get it to work properly.

And just to warn you: the combat cheat commands were among the "half-finished features" I mentioned, and as a result the God command is broken in other ways, namely that the invincibility is not unapplied when god mode is toggled off in the dev version. I'd avoid using it entirely for the time being.

Here are the commands that have known issues:
  • InfiniteFuel and InfiniteSupplies do not toggle off correctly.
  • God, as stated, does not remove the invincibility buffs when toggled off.
  • DebugDialogs worked in 0.8.1a, but had some bug I can't recall the specifics of (and you really don't want any bugs in something that injects itself into every dialog in the game).
  • SpawnFleet and SetCommission have been temporarily disabled until I can update them for 0.9a.
  • ShowBounds works, except for a rendering bug with the main chunk when a hulk splits into pieces.
  • ShowAI is hard to read, and might be scrapped entirely.

If anyone runs into something that's not on that list, please let me know!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 04:42:43 PM by LazyWizard »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile

I spent today fixing most of the outstanding bugs I knew about. You can grab an updated 0.9a-compatible dev version here. As always, this mod requires LazyLib.

The changes I made today can be found here.

Known problems:
  • The AI will refuse to engage any ship that has godmode enabled.
  • SpawnFleet and SetCommission have been temporarily disabled until I can update them for 0.9a.
  • I didn't get around to testing DebugDialogs today, so modders should use this command at their own risk.
  • The helpfiles for the combat cheats haven't been updated. In the meantime, just know that most toggle cheats now let you enter PLAYER, FLEET, ENEMY, and ALL as arguments (and default to PLAYER if you don't enter one).

If you encounter anything else, no matter how minor, please let me know.

Version 3.0 final should be out within the next few days.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:20:30 AM by LazyWizard »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

I'm gonna add some "wishlist items" here for console if you don't mind
-The ability to spawn in stuff like nanoforges. Should be simple right?
-The ability to look for a planet of a specific survey level or type? Could be useful for testing things
-The ability to spawn admins
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:16:10 AM by Midnight Kitsune »
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile

Is there a way to use the console to change the owner of an AI marketplace? Like say, if I wanted to take a pirate market and make it owned by a vanilla or mod faction?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile

Already in! Use "AddSpecial <id> [optionalData]", and "list specials" to get the valid IDs.

Obviously using this will spoil some of 0.9a's new content, so beware!

-The ability to look for a planet of a specific survey level or type? Could be useful for testing things
-The ability to spawn admins

I'll look into these, thanks for the suggestions!

Is there a way to use the console to change the owner of an AI marketplace? Like say, if I wanted to take a pirate market and make it owned by a vanilla or mod faction?

There's no built-in command for this yet, (and depending on how fragile markets are, there might never be one), but you can use RunCode to accomplish it if it's possible.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Already in! Use "AddSpecial <id> [optionalData]", and "list specials" to get the valid IDs.
Would this work for blueprints as well?

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile

Yes, for example "addspecial ship_bp onslaught", "addspecial fighter_bp talon_wing", "addspecial modspec frontshield", or "addspecial weapon_bp lightmg". The various IDs can be found with "list ships", "list wings", "list modspecs", and "list weapons" respectively.

A proper AddBlueprint command will be added later.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 07:07:44 PM by LazyWizard »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile

AWESOME! And thanks for the examples!

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile

If I might make a suggestion for this?

Advancing time. Sure, one can enter a stable orbit, and hold shift, but that takes about 5 seconds per day! Waiting three minutes for a month to tick on by can really add up.
Primary things I want this to accomplish: Time out, and bring in new bounties; Restock stations; Replenish defense fleets, and hurry build times.

Mind you, I haven't a clue how this would affect the game or AI, especially given how there's a loadingscreen at the start of a new game that's advancing time
~Aura be with you

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile

Will it be possible to add & remove features from planets going forward? Ie, remove trace ore deposits, add rich ore deposits etc..

Also is it possible to increase the structure cap from 9 per planet? Would a slider appear if so?

Many thanks for efforts!! This is my No1 mandatory mod for any playthrough!! :)
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 93