Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1535708 times)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Console Commands v3.0 WIP 5 (released 2017-07-25)
« Reply #525 on: November 01, 2017, 11:57:52 PM »

Yeah, not being able to scroll is a hassle when you list ships and those that you are looking for are out of the screen.
if you know the faction it is from, you can just use that modder's code as an argument, (IE "list ships brdy" ) cutting down on the amount of listed ships
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 02, 2017, 06:52:48 AM »

That's useful, thanks.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 02, 2017, 05:42:36 PM »

Should the default console hotkey be changed? Pressing Backspace in combat in dev mode ends the engagement instantly with a player victory.

Early versions of the console used to be summoned with tilde, but that caused issues with certain international keyboard layouts so was changed to a more universally available keystroke. If you have a better default in mind, let me know! :)

For now, you can change it to whichever key you like using the Settings command once you get into the campaign layer. That setting will be retained forever (it will persist between saves and survive Starsector updates) so this only has to be done once.

Yeah, not being able to scroll is a hassle when you list ships and those that you are looking for are out of the screen.

This one's frustrating for me too, because scrolling is a feature I intended to add months ago but my computer died before I could get around to it. The overlay was built with scrolling in mind so it should only take a couple lines of code to add it. The problem is making sure it looks perfect (scrolls smoothly, stops and starts where you'd expect, scrollbar is positioned and sized correctly), which requires a lot of testing and tweaking.

For the time being I'm doing all my hobbyist programming on a Raspberry Pi, which is a $35 computer that's about as powerful as a low-end smartphone. I was able to get Starsector running on it after recompiling the native libraries for ARM, but it takes around six minutes to get into a mission refit battle, the game runs at two frames per second, and the 1GB of RAM on the Pi means I can't have my IDE open at the same time as the game, meaning I can't debug or change code while testing. Modding is an exercise in frustration when it takes several minutes to test every minor edit I make, and I'm also limited to working on non-campaign features as there's absolutely no way this machine could handle the campaign layer.

Since scrolling support is theoretically such a simple change, I'll see about adding it and releasing another WIP with that as the only addition. I can't promise my sanity will still be intact afterwards, though. ;)

NightKev

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 15, 2017, 04:18:25 AM »

It would be nice if the ForceDeployAll command could work for allied AI fleets too, for some inane reason they only deploy half the max DP at the beginning of the fight and then nothing for the rest of the entire fight, while the enemy actually reinforces most of the time.

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 15, 2017, 07:22:28 AM »

Should the default console hotkey be changed? Pressing Backspace in combat in dev mode ends the engagement instantly with a player victory.

Early versions of the console used to be summoned with tilde, but that caused issues with certain international keyboard layouts so was changed to a more universally available keystroke. If you have a better default in mind, let me know! :)

For now, you can change it to whichever key you like using the Settings command once you get into the campaign layer. That setting will be retained forever (it will persist between saves and survive Starsector updates) so this only has to be done once.

This one's frustrating for me too, because scrolling is a feature I intended to add months ago but my computer died before I could get around to it. The overlay was built with scrolling in mind so it should only take a couple lines of code to add it. The problem is making sure it looks perfect (scrolls smoothly, stops and starts where you'd expect, scrollbar is positioned and sized correctly), which requires a lot of testing and tweaking.

For the time being I'm doing all my hobbyist programming on a Raspberry Pi, which is a $35 computer that's about as powerful as a low-end smartphone. I was able to get Starsector running on it after recompiling the native libraries for ARM, but it takes around six minutes to get into a mission refit battle, the game runs at two frames per second, and the 1GB of RAM on the Pi means I can't have my IDE open at the same time as the game, meaning I can't debug or change code while testing. Modding is an exercise in frustration when it takes several minutes to test every minor edit I make, and I'm also limited to working on non-campaign features as there's absolutely no way this machine could handle the campaign layer.

Since scrolling support is theoretically such a simple change, I'll see about adding it and releasing another WIP with that as the only addition. I can't promise my sanity will still be intact afterwards, though. ;)
Here lies LazyWizard
Twas a fine modder
Killed by him potato of a computer destroying his sanity
Hi. I exist. Bye.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 21, 2017, 08:12:32 PM »

I've encountered a strange issue. The game will sometimes crash upon attempting to open the console. I'm not even sure if it's actually a crash because I get no crash dialogue, the game just quits immediately. 

I am playing with only a few utility mods:

Console Commands 3.0 WIP 5
Lazylib 2.2
ZZ Graphicslib 1.2.1
Save Transfer 1.11.3

Playing on a Mac.

The issue does not occur every time I attempt to open the console, I have been able to open and use commands successfully. It seems like it just randomly crashes sometimes, I'd say at least 50% of the time I attempt to open it.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Console Commands v3.0 WIP 6 (released 2017-11-30)
« Reply #531 on: November 30, 2017, 09:48:53 AM »

Console Commands 3.0 WIP 6 is out, get it here (mirror). This mod requires LazyLib to function.

This release adds basic scrolling support to the console overlay. You can scroll using the mouse wheel, pageup/down, or shift+pageup/down to go to the beginning or end of the scrollback history. Nothing fancy, and there's no scrollbar yet.

Let me know if there are any weird bugs that weren't in the previous WIP. I'd normally say there shouldn't be, but earlier today I ran into a crash in completely valid code that ran fine when built under my old setup. *shrug*

I've encountered a strange issue. The game will sometimes crash upon attempting to open the console. I'm not even sure if it's actually a crash because I get no crash dialogue, the game just quits immediately. 

I am playing with only a few utility mods:

Console Commands 3.0 WIP 5
Lazylib 2.2
ZZ Graphicslib 1.2.1
Save Transfer 1.11.3

Playing on a Mac.

The issue does not occur every time I attempt to open the console, I have been able to open and use commands successfully. It seems like it just randomly crashes sometimes, I'd say at least 50% of the time I attempt to open it.

If there's no crash dialog then I'm guessing there's a bug somewhere in my OpenGL code. I changed a few things that might make that crash less likely to occur, but those types of bugs are harder to track down than regular ones so there's no guarantee.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:52:29 AM by LazyWizard »

zaimoni

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 01, 2017, 12:41:35 PM »

Had an unpleasant surprise in my latest Nexerillin game:
Code
finditem heavy_machinery
finds heavyneedler instead.

Also fuel search was odd; problems with values at least 10,000 (e.g. Sindria).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:44:18 PM by zaimoni »

ylwhrt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 11, 2018, 02:21:38 PM »

Any plans to add the ability to either add ships with dmods on them or add dmods to ships you currently have?

mandbo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 06, 2018, 01:50:32 AM »

Hi there,
LazyWizard

I´m just curious, but will you add some scroll button (like the one in your internet browser on your right ============================>) ?
 or any other way to move text up n´down in your console ?

Just asking, but I look impatiently for such upgrade, cause i have installed all of the "up to date" faction mods and i can not see all ID´s when typing
 command "list weapons". Without any filter it ends with letter "i" at top on my desktop (1680*1050) and that´s it.

Some "cutting" of image was necesary, but here is result.
See ya.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 06, 2018, 02:58:18 AM »

Hi there,
LazyWizard

I´m just curious, but will you add some scroll button (like the one in your internet browser on your right ============================>) ?
 or any other way to move text up n´down in your console ?

Just asking, but I look impatiently for such upgrade, cause i have installed all of the "up to date" faction mods and i can not see all ID´s when typing
 command "list weapons". Without any filter it ends with letter "i" at top on my desktop (1680*1050) and that´s it.

Some "cutting" of image was necesary, but here is result.
See ya.
Do you have the latest version? I think he updated CC to include at least mouse wheel scrolling
(And if you are out of date, please get version checker as well)

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 21, 2018, 11:01:48 PM »

Just checking in to let you all know this mod's not dead!

The console's undergone a visual overhaul since the last release. It has a new (monospaced) font, a scrollbar, proper pixel-perfect word-wrapping, and a few other minor tweaks. Here's how it looks these days:
Spoiler

[close]

Also, I added a command that should hopefully make debugging problems with rules.csv-based dialogs a bit less painful:
Spoiler

[close]

No ETA on the next update, unfortunately. I've moved the font rendering classes to LazyLib so other mods can use them, so the next console WIP will have to wait until after the LazyLib update has been released.

tchan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 14, 2018, 04:03:44 PM »

Love the new non-disappearing-over-time text when you type help in battle :D

But I do miss the ability to paste my copied god;infiniteammo;infiniteflux;nocooldown;reveal chain when i go into combat.  Yeah I can press up arrow to show the last command I did, but if I typed AddCrew or something else, my long chain isn't in the history. 

Is it possible to put back the ability to paste text again? :D

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 14, 2018, 04:42:05 PM »

You can create an allis and make it where one command does everything

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

tchan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 14, 2018, 04:59:09 PM »

You can create an allis and make it where one command does everything

Oh thanks very much :D  I thought the only way to do it was to follow that tutorial to make your own command, but I couldn't follow it.  Ok cool, I just added my alias in aliases.csv!  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 93