Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1535761 times)

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Console Commands v2.7 (released 2015-12-16)
« Reply #390 on: August 15, 2016, 03:15:14 AM »

Are there any intricacies I'm missing with the "spawnfleet" command?
As far as I can tell I can only adjust the total points and crew level and I always end up with a random fleet composition with transponders off that instantly attacks me if hostile or wanders off to do whatever if neutral or friendly.

It would be nice to have templates or some such that determine composition and behavior, you know, for roleplaying purposes.
As it is now the only use of the command seems to be providing XP fodder, or maybe as a last-ditch effort to even the odds against a superior enemy in pursuit without cheating during the actual fight.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 15, 2016, 05:02:38 PM »

I don't think it have been asked before, but i'd like to request a command to unlock all hullmods in the campaign. This would be quite useful for testing purpose, not having to spend points on skills and screwing the stats of the ships. Something like "AllHullMods" would be handy.

Good idea! It doesn't look possible with the current API, unfortunately. I'll have to make an API request and add it after the next Starsector update.

Another suggestion: a FindWing command? I am finding it increasingly difficult to locate mining pods.

You can use FindShip for wings, too. It uses the internal ID of the wing, which you can find with the command "list wings". In this case you're looking for mining_drone_wing.

It looks like it gives the same output if there are none for sale as it does when you enter a nonexistent id. I'll have that fixed for the next release.

As far as I can tell I can only adjust the total points and crew level and I always end up with a random fleet composition with transponders off that instantly attacks me if hostile or wanders off to do whatever if neutral or friendly.

It would be nice to have templates or some such that determine composition and behavior, you know, for roleplaying purposes.
As it is now the only use of the command seems to be providing XP fodder, or maybe as a last-ditch effort to even the odds against a superior enemy in pursuit without cheating during the actual fight.

SpawnFleet is a relic in desperate need of an update. It's using an outdated fleet spawning system that Starsector hasn't used in years, and in its current form is really only useful for making pinata fleets rather than spawning specific fleet types or testing faction compositions. I've been meaning to port it over to the new, significantly more complex vanilla fleet spawning system at some point, but I keep putting it off for other things.

I apologize for the next update taking so long to complete. I kind of drifted away from Starsector for a while, and progress almost completely halted for a few months. I'd say it's currently about 70% finished.

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 16, 2016, 10:36:28 AM »

I like to use spawnfleet to even the odds, since (in Nex) you can get allied fleets to follow you but it gets annoying over a long distance, they sometimes get distracted by 2-ship pirate fleets, etc.  I just spawn a fleet from my faction once I reach my destination and let the approaching enemies run into them.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 28, 2016, 07:39:01 AM »

Would it be possible to add a command that would force the AI to always deploy the maximum amount of ships that they can?

Octavus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 14, 2016, 03:57:02 PM »

Say can anyone help me with discerning my problem, got my game in windowed mode, everything works fine, mods aren't conflicting, console table comes out outside of combat, but in combat nothing comes up, is it not ctrl-backspace to bring up console in combat?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 14, 2016, 04:08:57 PM »

Say can anyone help me with discerning my problem, got my game in windowed mode, everything works fine, mods aren't conflicting, console table comes out outside of combat, but in combat nothing comes up, is it not ctrl-backspace to bring up console in combat?
Due to the changes in the launcher, the game has to launch some extra stuff when you use the console in combat now so it take a few seconds to pop up. I'd say wait about 10 seconds and then alt tab and you should see the launcher in a small separate window
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Octavus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 14, 2016, 06:03:21 PM »

Due to the changes in the launcher, the game has to launch some extra stuff when you use the console in combat now so it take a few seconds to pop up. I'd say wait about 10 seconds and then alt tab and you should see the launcher in a small separate window
Thanks for the help haha, had no idea it launches in a separate window, will have to check that out

MrEpicSaxMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 04, 2017, 10:34:50 AM »

Maybe I'm just really bas at this but the game keeps crashing. It gets through the initial loading screen then crashes before the main menu.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 04, 2017, 11:03:47 AM »

Do you also have the mod LazyLib installed and enabled?

If you do, what does the end of starsector.log say? You can find this file in starsector-core in the install directory.

MrEpicSaxMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 04, 2017, 02:31:47 PM »

That would be what I'm missing. Thanks for the help. I can say that now that I got it running, I love this mod.

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
request for help creating a command
« Reply #400 on: February 05, 2017, 08:33:39 PM »

hiya! i'm hoping that "reset follower's skill points" is a console command already, or is possible theoretically. I'd love to level up my officers to get a feel for different combinations and styles to fit the ship classes i put the different aggression personalities into.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: request for help creating a command
« Reply #401 on: February 05, 2017, 10:04:09 PM »

hiya! i'm hoping that "reset follower's skill points" is a console command already, or is possible theoretically. I'd love to level up my officers to get a feel for different combinations and styles to fit the ship classes i put the different aggression personalities into.
You can't respec per se but you can spawn an officer in to replace the old one, all with the the same name, personality and level
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 06, 2017, 12:46:49 AM »

You can't respec per se but you can spawn an officer in to replace the old one, all with the the same name, personality and level
oh! when i tried to use the base command "addofficer" all i got was a random level 1 steady officer. how do i tailor it?

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 06, 2017, 12:52:34 AM »

oh! when i tried to use the base command "addofficer" all i got was a random level 1 steady officer. how do i tailor it?

You have to add his  personalty and Level

/addofficer steady 12
For a Level 12 steady one
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 06, 2017, 10:37:46 AM »

how do i tailor it?
you can use the help command in combination with other commands, to get more information on how to use it:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 93