Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1535510 times)

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Console Commands v2.6b (released 2015-12-04)
« Reply #330 on: December 11, 2015, 09:14:27 PM »

I did, from the mirror, it now works.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 12, 2015, 11:41:52 PM »

Got another bug for that traitor command: missiles launched from the traitorous ship will target said launching ship BUT will not connect
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2015, 02:57:18 PM »

I'm a little confused with the ForceMarketUpdate command. What exactly does it update? The markets inventories seem to be always the same after I run the command.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2015, 03:02:28 PM »

Got another bug for that traitor command: missiles launched from the traitorous ship will target said launching ship BUT will not connect

Fixed, thanks for letting me know.

I'm a little confused with the ForceMarketUpdate command. What exactly does it update? The markets inventories seem to be always the same after I run the command.

Vanilla submarkets only refresh their stock once every thirty days, and only when you visit them. ForceMarketUpdate simulates the player entering every non-storage submarket of every market, forcing the stock to rollover if enough time has passed. It's only useful before using FindShip or FindItem, so I should probably just remove it and move the code to those two commands.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 14, 2015, 06:42:58 AM »

I see. Would it be possible then to have a command that would force the refresh the inventory of a specific market as soon as you enter the command?

It'd be very useful.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:55:59 AM by Cyan Leader »

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 14, 2015, 08:05:13 AM »

So, the way it works is that the console mod handles loading all commands and their classes. The commands.csv tells the console where to look for these scripts (the class row) and how the player uses the command (command is what they enter to use it, syntax and help are shown by the "help" command, and syntax is also shown to the player if the command returns CommandResult.BAD_SYNTAX). It doesn't know or care if these scripts are loose or in a jar as the actual class loading is done through Starsector's classloader (which supports both).

Since the console mod handles everything, the CSV won't be read and nothing will be loaded if the console isn't enabled in the launcher. Java only loads classes when they are needed, so don't worry about including commands in your mod's jar.

The sole exception to the "don't worry about creating a dependency" rule is any loose script in data/scripts, which is a magic directory whose contents are automatically compiled by Starsector when the game starts. That's why the tutorial recommends putting scripts in data/console, so you don't accidentally create a dependency on the console mod. The tutorial doesn't mention jars because it's old and was written before they became commonplace.

tl;dr: commands can be in jars, don't worry about creating a dependency, the tutorial is outdated. :)

Thanks for this!

I was having two issues: One... my lastest command got HATED by Janino...

Second issue, my IDE don't liked the java files elsewhere and keep bugging out :(

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 16, 2015, 02:04:15 AM »

Is there a way to get errorlogs from Console commands for you Lazy? i'd post one with this, but I don't know how to get it. Pretty easy to replicate though, and the first ines of text where a null point error
While in-game in Ironclads trying the allhulls, allwings, commands gives a very long error. allweapons still works, as do several other commands.
~Aura be with you

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 16, 2015, 02:22:44 AM »

I see the problem. AllHulls without arguments will try to place it in an unlocked storage tab (the same one accessed by the "storage" command, which is the first unlocked storage tab it can find, and almost always the Abandoned Terraforming Platform in vanilla). Ironclads, however, doesn't have any storage tabs that are unlocked at game start.

This will be fixed for the next release. In the meantime this will resolve itself after you purchase a storage tab somewhere, or you can use "allhulls player" to add the hulls directly to your fleet.

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 16, 2015, 02:30:43 AM »

I see the problem. AllHulls without arguments will try to place it in an unlocked storage tab (the same one accessed by the "storage" command, which is the first unlocked storage tab it can find, and almost always the Abandoned Terraforming Platform in vanilla). Ironclads, however, doesn't have any storage tabs that are unlocked at game start.

This will be fixed for the next release. In the meantime this will resolve itself after you purchase a storage tab somewhere, or you can use "allhulls player" to add the hulls directly to your fleet.
If the storage thing is the case, why would Allweapons work then? I thought that might have been it, but with the allweapons working and putting them in a storage anyways..?
EDIT:
Alright, so after actually trying to ACCESS said storage, it doesn't exist, but the allweapons still deposits weapons into this? Dunno how that works, just thought I'd let you know.
EDIT2: I think I got it. it put them in my inventory instead >.< and it can't do this with ships, presumably, due to the fleet limit. Self-problem solved!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:35:03 AM by Auraknight »
~Aura be with you

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 16, 2015, 02:39:13 AM »

There's supposed to be a fallback if a storage tab wasn't found, but a change to how storage worked a few versions ago broke the fallback for ships (items will go to the player inventory).

Edit: ninja'd by your edits. :)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Console Commands v2.7 (released 2015-12-16)
« Reply #340 on: December 16, 2015, 03:38:12 PM »

Version 2.7 is up, get it here (mirror). Still requires LazyLib.

There are no new commands in this release, but several of the old ones work in new ways. The focus of this update (as with the last several) has been in making the mod more user-friendly.

Changelog:
2.7 (December 16, 2015)
=========================
Newlines (\n) in a command's 'help' column are displayed correctly
Exception stack traces are no longer shown by default
Added "showExceptionDetails" to console_settings.json
Updated the custom command tutorial in the base folder
Changes to existing commands:
 - AddCrew without a quantity will add all needed skeleton crew to your fleet
 - AddFuel without a quantity will top off your fleet's fuel tanks
 - AddShip: fixed regression that allowed you to spawn single fighters again
 - AddSupplies without a quantity will fill half the player cargo with supplies
   (won't go over cargo capacity, won't go over 50% total cargo as supplies)
 - AllHulls and AllWings won't cause an error if used in a total conversion
   that lacks an unlocked storage tab
 - FindItem/FindShip list goods in free transfer submarkets last (useful for
   reminding yourself which storage tab you left a specific ship/weapon in)
   Note: due to API limitations this does not include anything in storage in the
   Abandoned Terraforming Platform or any other market that doesn't participate
   in the economy!
 - ForceMarketUpdate actually forces a market refresh each time you use it
   (previously only refreshed stock if the market would have done so on a visit)
 - InfiniteAmmo also applies to ship systems that have limited uses
 - Kill works on the campaign map, destroys any fleet you click on until you
   press escape or enter a menu (kills are not credited to the player)
 - List accepts a second argument, used to filter out any IDs that don't start
   with that argument (ex: "list variants exi_" will show all Exigency variants,
   "list variants hound" will show all hound and hound subskin variants)
 - Traitor affects guided missiles fired by that ship (no more targeting itself)

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 16, 2015, 07:09:56 PM »

I probably haven't said this in a while, so thank you for Console - even though I only really use Respec and OmnifacStatus - and everything else too :D
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 17, 2015, 11:01:48 AM »

How long does FoceMarketUpdate take usually?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 17, 2015, 05:22:07 PM »

@Taverius: thanks, I enjoy making them. :)

How long does FoceMarketUpdate take usually?

For me (on a computer from 2007), ForceMarketUpdate takes a little over two seconds in a Nexerelin game with every sector generation parameter maxed out. In vanilla the delay is barely noticeable, maybe half a second? I didn't test it with the various faction mods; the command might take longer if they do something special in a custom submarket plugin's updateCargoPrePlayerInteraction() method.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 05:25:03 PM by LazyWizard »

sycspysycspy

• Commander
  • Translator of the Council of AL
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 18, 2016, 11:11:44 PM »

Is it possible to include command to change the sensor range?
Please report any translation error to me with PM.
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 93