Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1536814 times)

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Console Commands v2.1.1 (released 2014-11-13)
« Reply #225 on: November 13, 2014, 04:29:13 PM »

I read a little about the metric from the link you posted, and I am not a programmer, so I can only understand very little about it. But the fact that a program would have the ability to do that with strings blows my mind. Why don't we see such things in more UIs in all sorts of commercial applications? Either way, including it in something like this is surprising, and I think really speaks to your skill- I mean, god damn.

I hate to spawn an off topic discussion, but I'd love to know, if it detects typos in strings, how does it infer what the user meant to say? Does it refer to accepted strings and try to pick the best expected command?

Edit - Silly me, I use my iPhone constantly and yet ask where in commercial programming I'd encounter typo corrections!

Someone asked me, you know, what is the point of not requiring users to just use the correct strings? I thought maybe Lazy just wanted to practice or, just did it for fun. But then I realized, with the amount of items, systems, ships, etc in a big modded game, the ability to guess at the name of an item would be incredibly useful.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:43:35 PM by TartarusMkII »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 13, 2014, 04:56:51 PM »

Oh, nice autocorrect feature. :D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 13, 2014, 07:08:18 PM »

I read a little about the metric from the link you posted, and I am not a programmer, so I can only understand very little about it. But the fact that a program would have the ability to do that with strings blows my mind. Why don't we see such things in more UIs in all sorts of commercial applications? Either way, including it in something like this is surprising, and I think really speaks to your skill- I mean, god damn.

I hate to spawn an off topic discussion, but I'd love to know, if it detects typos in strings, how does it infer what the user meant to say? Does it refer to accepted strings and try to pick the best expected command?

That's exactly what it does. The algorithm doesn't detect typos, it only determines how similar two strings are (IIRC it was originally meant for finding misspelled duplicates in census records). When the player enters an invalid input, I have the console check every ID vs the player's input and see if any are close, and if so which matches the input best. The reason you don't see this kind of thing more often is that in most cases it's a bad idea to guess what the user intended (anyone who remembers T9Word can vouch for this). The console's a special case as the pool of valid IDs is small and unique enough that mistakes are rare, and the effects of a wrong 'guess' are easily undone.

Either way, including it in something like this is surprising, and I think really speaks to your skill- I mean, god damn.

Almost every algorithm that has its own Wikipedia page also has an example implementation online somewhere, so it actually took little skill beyond copy+paste. ;)

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2014, 03:32:33 PM »

For whatever reason, it does not recognize the "storage" command. when i looked it up with the help command it said "no such command 'storage'" any way to fix this? another issue is that whenever i use a command in combat after the battle it opens a console window that can't be closed.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:36:25 PM by Death_Silence_66 »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Console Commands v2.2 (released 2014-11-18)
« Reply #229 on: November 18, 2014, 04:12:27 PM »

Version 2.2 is out, get it here (mirror).

Changelog:
2.2 (November 18, 2014)
=========================
Console popup will now expand to take up the entire screen in the campaign
Added typo correction - most commands will find the best match for invalid IDs
Added "typoCorrectionThreshold" to data/console/console_settings.json
Added positional editing to the campaign input dialog
Fixed campaign commands being usable in the simulator
Changes to existing commands:
 - Typo correction added to the following commands: AddItem, AddWeapon,
   AdjustRelationship, AllHulls, AllWeapons, AllWings, GoTo, Jump, SetHome,
   SetRelationship
 - Added EndCombat command, takes the victorious side as an optional argument
 - Added several more default RunCode macros
 - Re-added Storage command, redirects to the Abandoned Terraforming Platform,
   or in total conversions the first station it can find with the "abandoned"
   market condition (if you used AllHulls or AllWeapons in a prior version,
   those items will be transferred over to the station's storage when you next
   use this command)

---

For whatever reason, it does not recognize the "storage" command. when i looked it up with the help command it said "no such command 'storage'" any way to fix this? another issue is that whenever i use a command in combat after the battle it opens a console window that can't be closed.

The old Storage command was removed because it broke after markets were introduced. 2.2 brings it back in a different form (it's just a redirect to the abandoned station now).

I haven't run across that uncloseable window bug, I'll take a look.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2014, 03:28:29 PM »

I have a problem, I wrote AddCredits<100000000> and it says ERRROR: credits amount must be a whole number!

what is the proble?

AsterPiano

• Ensign
  • AKA TheLochNessCheeseBurger
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2014, 05:08:03 PM »

I have a problem, I wrote AddCredits<100000000> and it says ERRROR: credits amount must be a whole number!

what is the proble?
I don't think you need the <100000000>, I'm sure it's just AddCredits 100000000. Although it might be too high of a number, something like 2000000 should be enough to do basically anything, so try it with that.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2014, 05:42:28 PM »

what is the proble?

Yeah, you don't need the brackets, it's just AddCredits 100000000. The brackets shown in the syntax help just show that the amount is a single argument, so if it said "AddCrew <amount to add> [crew level]", you'd know that's two separate arguments. <> denotes a required argument, [] an optional one. Sorry this isn't explained anywhere. :)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 21, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »

Just got this crash when trying to spawn a ship with this:
Spoiler
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
   at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
   at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.insert(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.StringBuilder.insert(Unknown Source)
   at org.lazywizard.console.ConsoleCampaignListener$CampaignPopup$KeyListener.processInput(ConsoleCampaignListener.java:368)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.OOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.s.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.s.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.P.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.s.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.s.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.C.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[close]
I think what happened is I hit "\" at the end of a command (like addship Aurora_hull) and hit enter instead of backspace
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Console Commands v2.3 (released 2014-12-22)
« Reply #234 on: December 22, 2014, 06:00:06 AM »

I couldn't find an obvious cause for that error. I know it's related to the positional editing I added in the last patch, but a ridiculous amount of testing couldn't replicate the crash. Regardless, I wrapped the whole thing in a try-catch, made it able to recover from the error, and added logging to help track it down if it ever occurs again. :)

On that note, version 2.3 is up, get it here (mirror) (requires LazyLib).

Changelog:
2.3 (December 22, 2014)
=========================
Made campaign input popup capable of recovering from certain errors
New commands:
 - Kill, destroys your ship's current target
 - Suicide, destroys the currently piloted ship
Changes to existing commands:
 - Fixed shield center offset with ShowBounds
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 06:15:37 AM by LazyWizard »

TheDTYP

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2015, 09:46:06 AM »

Hey, I have a question. When I type Spawnfleet, it asks for the fleet ID, so I'd type something like
Spawnfleet hegemony patrol but it says a "patrol fleet" doesn't exist, so what exactly is the game asking for when it says Fleet ID? Thanks!

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2015, 01:04:56 PM »

Hey, I have a question. When I type Spawnfleet, it asks for the fleet ID, so I'd type something like
Spawnfleet hegemony patrol but it says a "patrol fleet" doesn't exist, so what exactly is the game asking for when it says Fleet ID? Thanks!

An ID that is found in the Faction file.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2015, 03:57:08 PM »

SpawnFleet actually still uses the old fleet spawning logic, so it doesn't work in .65a. I forgot to disable the command until I get around to rewriting the logic. Sorry about that!

JamesBai03

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Console Commands v2.3 (released 2014-12-22)
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2015, 01:36:24 PM »

there should be a command that unlocks the Ordnance point limit for player's ships

JamesBai03

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Console Commands v2.3 (released 2014-12-22)
« Reply #239 on: February 28, 2015, 10:18:23 AM »

also commands that removes the limits for cargo and fuel will also be nice.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 93