Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1535996 times)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Console Commands v2.0 (WIP 6 released 2014-03-30)
« Reply #195 on: April 26, 2014, 10:34:11 AM »

Hey, I've been using this mod and have had some trouble spawning in mod ships, specifically the Mimir XV from the mod Shadowyards heavy industries . I'm using its variant id (ms_mimirBaus_Baus) with the command addship but it returns as not being found every time. I was just wondering if there was something I'm doing wrong, as it works for the normal mimir (ms_mimir standard). I was thinking maybe it is due to the capital letters in the name, but I've tried it with and without them being capital to no avail. I've also noticed when using allhulls, not all hulls are actually added, for example I cannot find many ships, most notably capitals, including the mimir or the mimir XV and many many capitals from the Valkyries mod.

The mods I have running are: Blackrock Driveyards 0.6, Combat Radar 0.6c, Console commands 2.0 WIP 6 (obviously), Lazylib 1.8c, Shadowyards heavy industries 0.4.4.

Not sure whats up with these things, I might just be doing it wrong? Anyway, just wondering if you could shed some light on this. Thanks

AddShip seems to be working with that variant for me.

Are you sure you're getting the capitalization exact? The console tries to vary the capitalization a bit if it fails, but it wouldn't be able to do so successfully with variant ids that have capital letters in the middle of a segment like that one.

Regarding AllHulls: are you running the latest version of Starsector? That command uses SectorAPI's getAllEmptyVariantIds(), which had a bug in prior SS versions where it didn't return ships with built-in weapons. If you have .6.2a and ships still aren't appearing then that method is still buggy. :(
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:36:19 AM by LazyWizard »

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 26, 2014, 10:39:36 AM »

As far as I am aware I am running the latest version of starsector, but I did manage to spawn in that ship, but only as a blank hull, I tried spawning in that hull with just about any combination of capitals I could without avail. It might be useful to show how to spawn in a blank ship hull on the spawnship help, as it wasn't immediately obvious how to do it, and I got a little confused. Actually upon thinking, the ships that spawned with allhulls, some of the ships spawned that did have built in weapons, and a alot of ships I noticed that didn't spawn, had no built in weapons. Weird. I'm not sure what's going on there, it might just be my computer, its... not very reliable, or good, to say the least.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2014, 10:29:59 AM »

AllHulls will work properly after .65a is released. There's a bug in getAllEmptyVariantIds() in the current version where it doesn't consider hulls with built-in hullmods to be empty.

For AllShips, I just changed it so it will accept the .variant filename as an argument as well. That should make it work in almost all cases, even ones where the variant ID doesn't match the filename.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 10:32:01 AM by LazyWizard »

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 02, 2014, 10:44:17 AM »

Ah, glad I could help improve / find some bugs, and help improve this already great mod, look forward to it!  :)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Console Commands v2.0 (WIP 7 released 2014-05-02)
« Reply #199 on: May 02, 2014, 02:39:07 PM »

WIP 7 is out, get it here.

The big change in this one: the popup shouldn't be hidden behind the game window in combat anymore. Due to the way this was fixed the game no longer pauses while entering commands, so make sure you hit spacebar before toggling god mode when torpedoes are incoming! ;)

I also added error sounds to the mod. If a command fails the game will play the CR malfunction alert; which alert varies depending on what kind of error occurred. You can configure this (or even add a sound for success) in data/console/console_settings.json.

The full list of changes:
  • New command: ShowLoc (works in campaign and combat, shows current coordinates of player fleet/ship)
  • A sound is played after a command is entered depending on the command's result (configurable in data/console/console_settings.json)
  • The campaign input pop-up supports pasting (control+V)
  • Nuke now works with oddly-shaped mod ships whose center point isn't within collision bounds
  • Entering multiple combat commands while paused won't cause overlapping output anymore
  • RunCode's imports are now customizable, set in data/console/runcode_imports.csv
  • The combat pop-up is run in a separate thread; this fixes the pop-up not displaying in fullscreen borderless sometimes
  • AddShip will try to find the .variant file as a last-ditch effort (some ship IDs don't match their filename, this fixes that problem)

After this update the only planned feature remaining is an option to make commands persistent between battles. Once that's in I'll 'officially' release a v2.0 instead of this stream of WIP releases.
It's almost like my other mods have made me wary of running out of version numbers or something...

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 10, 2014, 01:03:56 AM »

We can now add our own console commands? I was just going to ask for this feature! This is exactly what I need. Lazy, you are legendary.

Tommygunner70

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2014, 03:14:53 PM »

hey I got a weird crash on game start. Version 0.6.2a-RC3
Fatal: org/lazywizard/lazylib/JSONUtils
Cause: org.lazywizard.lazylib.JSONUtils

Here's the log: ((Removed))

EDIT: Derp! looks like I needed Lazylib installed as well. I added it and it made it work. probably a good idea to add a requirements section at the start of this topic for newbies like me  8)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 03:19:17 PM by Tommygunner70 »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2014, 09:44:25 PM »

EDIT: Derp! looks like I needed Lazylib installed as well. I added it and it made it work. probably a good idea to add a requirements section at the start of this topic for newbies like me  8)

Oops, sorry. That requirement is new in the rewrite, and I forgot to add a notice when I updated the OP. Fixed now. :)

Inertial Mage

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2014, 03:43:33 PM »

I didn't have enough time to check but how would i go about adding ships, like a paragon or oddysey

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 25, 2014, 11:06:43 AM »

On the campaign map press shift+backspace to bring up the console (you can change this keystroke in data/console/console_settings.json). The command to spawn a ship is addship <variantId>, so if you want an Elite Paragon you'd enter "addship paragon_Elite" without the quotes. For just the hull you'd enter "addship paragon_Hull". The variant ID is case-sensitive, so check your capitalization if the command fails.

You can find available variants in data/variants (ex: data/variants/afflictor_Strike.variant becomes "afflictor_Strike"). Sometimes the actual variant ID will be different from these filenames, but the latest console release (WIP 7) will work anyway in those cases.

If you ever get lost you can list all commands with "help". If you just want to know what commands are available on the campaign map you can use "help campaign". If you need help with a specific command you would use "help <command>" ("help addship", for example).

And I should mention one other thing just because it's poorly explained in-game right now. If you're ever playing around with the "allweapons" or "allhulls" command: if you don't enter a valid destination then the console will put the spawned items/ships into a special infinite storage container. You can retrieve goods from this container by entering the command "storage".
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:08:31 AM by LazyWizard »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.65a] Console Commands v2.0 (WIP 8 released 2014-10-21)
« Reply #205 on: October 21, 2014, 05:03:31 AM »

A small compatibility update is up, get it here.

I only changed what was necessary to get this mod to run in .65a. I fully expect at least one campaign command to be completely broken given the sheer magnitude of changes to the campaign layer in this update. :)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 21, 2014, 05:58:09 AM »

A small compatibility update is up, get it here.

I only changed what was necessary to get this mod to run in .65a. I fully expect at least one campaign command to be completely broken given the sheer magnitude of changes to the campaign layer in this update. :)
You most likely already know this, but the console storage causes a CTD. Error log:
Spoiler
450957 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.newsuper.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0oO.setSize(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.setSize(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.OO0o.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$5.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.setCurrentTab(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.setCurrentTab(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.P.showCoreInternal(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.P.showCore(Unknown Source)
   at org.lazywizard.console.commands.Storage$StorageInteractionDialogPlugin.init(Storage.java:71)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.P.Óoo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.P.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Object.showInteractionDialog(Unknown Source)
   at org.lazywizard.console.Console$ShowDialogOnCloseScript.advance(Console.java:325)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Object.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.Oôo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[close]
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2014, 07:18:04 AM »

You most likely already know this, but the console storage causes a CTD. Error log:
Spoiler
450957 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.newsuper.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.OO0o.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$5.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.P.showCoreInternal(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.P.showCore(Unknown Source)
   at org.lazywizard.console.commands.Storage$StorageInteractionDialogPlugin.init(Storage.java:71)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.P.Óoo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Object.showInteractionDialog(Unknown Source)
   at org.lazywizard.console.Console$ShowDialogOnCloseScript.advance(Console.java:325)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Object.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.Oôo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Ouch, I'll see what I can do. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a simple fix for this. Storage is kind of hacky and the new market system doesn't agree with it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 07:22:20 AM by LazyWizard »

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2014, 05:26:48 PM »

Could you possibly make the storage command link so something like the abandoned atmo station, with it's own market value, just non-existent on the world map? I'd imagine it'd be as easy as adding whatever the Market has in addition, and the storage command working as if you docked at it?
~Aura be with you

Oathseeker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2014, 04:21:34 AM »

Probably a stupid question, but I can't figure out how to set faction relationships for factions with a space in the name. I tried luddicchurch, LuddicChurch and "Luddic Church" but none seem to work. Or maybe I just made a spelling error somewhere?

EDIT: Oh ***, didnt try _
Mah bad
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:38:12 AM by Oathseeker »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 93