Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1535767 times)

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
Re: [OUTDATED] Console Commands v1.6b (released 2013-09-18)
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2014, 11:57:07 AM »

Is there a list of what does each command does? typing help and the command says always taht such command does not exist :C

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2014, 12:16:12 PM »

You have to use lower-case arguments with help in the WIP. Fixed in dev.

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2014, 01:54:32 PM »

Backspace is a bad key to open the console btw.
Ever tried to modify a ships name or variant name ^^

Also I have a slight problem opening the console. The console doesn't pop up.
Alt + Tab doesn't work ,too.
Have to open my task manager and then mark it and use the switch to button.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2014, 02:04:43 PM »

Backspace is a bad key to open the console btw.
Ever tried to modify a ships name or variant name ^^

oops, hadn't thought about that. I'll see what I can do. Maybe require shift to be held down as well?

For now, you can change the key to whatever you want in data/console/console_settings.json.

Also I have a slight problem opening the console. The console doesn't pop up.
Alt + Tab doesn't work ,too.
Have to open my task manager and then mark it and use the switch to button.

Are you playing borderless windowed? It's pretty much required, otherwise you'll have serious problems (such as the pop-up not showing and your game becoming unresponsive).

I'm planning on writing a dialog plugin for entering commands in the campaign to get around this issue, but combat support will probably always suck. :)

Edit: to play borderless windowed, open up starsector-core/data/config/settings.json, change "undecoratedWindow" to true and uncomment the "windowLocationX":0 and "windowLocationY":0 lines. Then you just need to untag fullscreen in the launcher and set the resolution to your desktop resolution. :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 02:13:55 PM by LazyWizard »

doodlydee

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Console Commands v2.0 (WIP 2 released 2014-01-23)
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2014, 03:07:39 PM »

I sorry I am really dumb when it comes to modding, what do you mean by this "and uncomment the "windowLocationX":0 and "windowLocationY":0 lines"? Do you mean delete those lines

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2014, 03:13:54 PM »

Just remove the # in front of them. :)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2014, 03:44:20 PM »

I sorry I am really dumb when it comes to modding, what do you mean by this "and uncomment the "windowLocationX":0 and "windowLocationY":0 lines"? Do you mean delete those lines
He means removing the number symbol ( # ) from the left side of that line. IE you make (#"windowLocationX":0,) into ("windowLocationX":0,) but without the parenthesis. Edit: Ninja'd

BUG: Even with undecorated windows and having it set to the native resolution, you can sometimes lose the ability to alt tab fully if the console ever loses focus.
How to replicate:
open the console
alt tab to the game or click in the game window
in a few seconds the console window should disappear but it is still active
alt tab back to the console
close the console
open the console again. The console will appear "under" the game window but still be active.
The game is now "stuck on top" of all the other windows
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

doodlydee

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2014, 03:53:13 PM »

Thank you for quick response

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2014, 04:11:23 PM »

BUG: Even with undecorated windows and having it set to the native resolution, you can sometimes lose the ability to alt tab fully if the console ever loses focus.
How to replicate:
open the console
alt tab to the game or click in the game window
in a few seconds the console window should disappear but it is still active
alt tab back to the console
close the console
open the console again. The console will appear "under" the game window but still be active.
The game is now "stuck on top" of all the other windows

I'm aware of this, unfortunately there's not much I can do about it. It's due to the way I get input - the mod uses a standard Java input dialog pop-up, and that sort of thing doesn't work well with games at the best of times.

I'm only using it for now because it's an easy way of getting player input in a single line of code. For the campaign, I'm planning on writing an interaction dialog (the sort you see when you click on a station) to get around these limitations, so it won't be a problem forever. :)

However, combat will stick with the standard Java input pop-up for the foreseeable future. I might implement an overlay similar to the radar mod if text rendering is ever added to the API, though.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Console Commands v2.0 (WIP 3 released 2014-01-26)
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2014, 02:52:57 PM »

WIP 3 is up, get it here. Still requires LazyLib.

I changed the default console summoning key to control+backspace. Again, you can change this in data/console/console_settings.json if you prefer another key. :)

I also added the Jump and Repair commands. Jump teleports you to another star system/hyperspace. Repair will heal hull/armor for all deployed ships if used in combat, or hull/armor/CR for your entire fleet if used on the campaign map (equivalent to repairing in a station, but free).

Other than that, there's mostly just some minor tweaks and bugfixes. Help ignores case, and the console output no longer adds an extra line after every message. I've been busy this weekend, so there's no major changes.

If anyone has any requests for additional commands, I'd be glad to hear them. :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:56:44 PM by LazyWizard »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2014, 04:11:37 PM »

How about a CR timer disabler command? No more frigate CR decay?

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2014, 03:43:47 AM »

Just noticed on the OP, its still says just to use backspace without control, thought I would just let you know

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2014, 05:05:04 PM »

How about a CR timer disabler command? No more frigate CR decay?

I can't disable the timer, but I can prevent CR from draining once it's run out and recover any lost CR. InfiniteCR is done and will be in the next release. :)

Just noticed on the OP, its still says just to use backspace without control, thought I would just let you know

Fixed. Thank you for pointing that out.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Console Commands v2.0 (WIP 4 released 2014-03-06)
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2014, 03:41:53 PM »

WIP 4 is out, get it here.

Changes since the last version (going off the repository commit messages, so I might have missed a few):
  • Commands can now have tags associated with them. These are optional and don't change how the command functions, but you can use these to get a filtered list of commands with 'help'. For example, 'help combat' will only show those commands that have the 'combat' tag.
  • Added the InfiniteCR combat command. This prevents CR drain on your side's ships during combat, though you'll still pay the deployment cost after the battle is over.
  • Repair now restores CR when used on the campaign map. That it didn't before was a bug.
  • Lots of work on making writing custom commands easier. This means full Javadoc for all public console methods, an example mod that adds a simple command, and a tutorial on adding command support to your mod (all of these are found in the main mod folder).
  • Removed Echo and GC as both were rather useless. Echo is now the example command mentioned above.
  • Added the Storage command. This opens a persistent, infinite-stack cargo/ship container anywhere you are.
  • Added AllHulls and AllWings commands. These give you one of every ship/fighter wing in the game, respectively. Default to Storage.
  • AllWeapons also defaults to Storage, though all three of these commands can be told to place their output anywhere you like. I also changed AllWeapons to not give beyond 10 of each weapon, so you can use it repeatedly to keep a cargo bay fully stocked without worrying about excessive bloat.
  • I rewrote how input is handled. It's still an input popup, but the 'sticky keys' bug where the game would think control/alt/shift was still held down after you summoned the console is gone. The InteractionDialogPlugin for campaign input isn't in yet, but that's next on my list.
  • Status shows a lot more information (especially with the 'detailed' parameter), such as which mods added commands.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Console Commands v2.0 (WIP 4 released 2014-03-06)
« Reply #179 on: March 07, 2014, 05:14:40 PM »

Make sure you have the LATEST version of lazylib! Should be 1.8.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 93