Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1551525 times)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: Console Commands v1.5 (.54.1a, released 2013-02-07)
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2013, 08:25:03 PM »

Sorry, I was away this weekend so was unable to help with this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! :)

It's strange that the popup works for some mods and not others - the input thread is started when the main menu battle begins, so the popup should always appear regardless of what mod you're using (it just won't work with campaign-level commands until you use addconsole/start a new game). Can you use the console in missions with Exerelin active?

I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's going on. This mod is going to be rewritten after .6a, so I should probably get re-acclimated with the mod's codebase anyway. ;)

Edit: seems to work normally with Exerelin for me. It's possible it's due to something I've changed in the months since the last release, though. Could you try replacing jars/SFConsole.jar with this jar and seeing if it works for you then?
Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:35:09 PM by LazyWizard »

chami

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2013, 10:36:18 AM »

Sorry, I was away this weekend so was unable to help with this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! :)

It's strange that the popup works for some mods and not others - the input thread is started when the main menu battle begins, so the popup should always appear regardless of what mod you're using (it just won't work with campaign-level commands until you use addconsole/start a new game). Can you use the console in missions with Exerelin active?

I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's going on. This mod is going to be rewritten after .6a, so I should probably get re-acclimated with the mod's codebase anyway. ;)

Edit: seems to work normally with Exerelin for me. It's possible it's due to something I've changed in the months since the last release, though. Could you try replacing jars/SFConsole.jar with this jar and seeing if it works for you then?
Spoiler

[close]

Tried a fresh reinstall of Starsector, with only Lazylib, Exerelin, and Console Commands installed. Started a new game, no console. Overwrote SFConsole.jar with the file you provided, still no console with a new game. I'm actually kind of stumped as to how that wouldn't work, given that it's a fresh install and it works out of the box for everybody else.  ???

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2013, 05:55:04 AM »

I gotta ask....why make a mod when you could just make a Trainer for the game ?

Hari Seldon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »

Can I modify the number of Ordinance Points with this?  I want to experience increasing them so much I can get all hull mods at once ;).
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Salvor Hardin, Foundation

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2013, 11:40:52 AM »

You can probably do that just by setting the OP of a ship really high in the files. Most likely to be in ship_data instead of the ship files. Ship files are the boundaries and logic behind the sprites as far as I know. And some combinations of hullmods are pretty terrible. Armoured Mounts + Optics = painfully slow turning beam weaponry. Aug'd Engines + Injectors = silly speeds, especially in frigates that are already fast to begin with, but if your engines get shot out, oh boy, you're gonna be adrift for a LONG time.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: Console Commands v1.6 (.54.1a, released 2013-07-30)
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »

1.6 has been released. Get it here (alternative link).

I've been neglecting this mod for a while (the last update was in February?!), so I figured I'd release what I have done so far. It's mostly bugfixes and improvements to the RunCode command I doubt anyone uses, but it also includes a text box in the console pop-up that shows previous console output so you don't have to worry about missing anything in the quickly vanishing sector messages.

Oh, and I changed the AddWing command so it doesn't automatically append _wing to its arguments. Seeing others mention this issue is actually the reason I'm releasing this now. ;)

This mod will be getting a re-write after .6a is released, so there probably won't be any more updates until then other than bugfixes.

Changelog:
1.6 (July 30, 2013)
=====================
Console popup now shows console output
Console.showError() shows more detail, accepts Throwables
AddWing now only appends '_wing' to its arguments after it fails without it
Improvements to the RunCode command:
 - Added Vector2f to default imports
 - RunCode can now use LazyLib's classes if LazyLib is tagged in the launcher
 - If an exception occurs, actual exception details are shown rather than the
   InvocationTargetException wrapper thrown by Janino's ScriptEvaluator

chami

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2013, 12:50:10 PM »

Spoiler

[close]

I know it's been two months, but I only recently started playing again. I would just like to let you know that I fixed the "console not activating in Exerelin" issue by loading up the game with only lazylib and the console mod, making a savegame with the console activated, then copying the console code in the OP from the vanilla+console savegame into the Exerelin savegame. I still have absolutely no clue why it doesn't work on my system when it does with everyone else's, but at least there's a fix!

tchan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Console Commands v1.6 (.54.1a, released 2013-07-30)
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2013, 01:52:39 AM »

Hi :D

I just tried this on the new .6a build, and it seems NoCoolDown caused all my weapons to not fire.  I see the moving guns but no projectiles come out, no sounds played, and nothing gets damaged.

Is it just me?  Please let me know if anyone else is having this problem.  Thanks! 

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Console Commands v1.6b (.6a, released 2013-09-18)
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2013, 02:52:31 AM »

It's not just you, it's a bug in the mod due to a change in .6a (ironically, one I requested).

Here's version 1.6b (mirror). This isn't the promised mod rewrite, just a quick patch that fixes NoCooldown.

Changelog:
1.6b (September 18, 2013)
===========================
Fixed bug where NoCooldown prevented projectile weapons from firing in .6a

tchan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Console Commands v1.6b (.6a, released 2013-09-18)
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2013, 04:20:41 AM »

You are awesome.

And epic.

And also awesome.

Thanks! :D

Dayshine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2013, 06:43:02 AM »

Tiny bug:

Using "help" in the battle engine results in two overlapping messages.
listCommands() just calls showMessage() twice which doesn't work with floating text.

Also, no bug tracker? Tut-tut :P

Sotales

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2013, 02:41:15 PM »

I was wondering if this could be used to remove excessive Supplies, Crew, and Fuel from various stations. Some stations in my current save have upwards of 20 stacks of each. Or is there another, better way?

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »

I was wondering if this could be used to remove excessive Supplies, Crew, and Fuel from various stations. Some stations in my current save have upwards of 20 stacks of each. Or is there another, better way?

I don't know if there is a better way, but i use the addcredits command to buy up all the supplies and fuel and then Jettison it. It's a little tedious sometimes, but it shouldn't be necessary after Starsector's .6.1a version.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2013, 01:53:59 AM »

Would it be possible for you to add a command that reloads currently loaded mods, or perhaps a specific one?  It'd be useful for tweaking variables in-game.

Unless that's somehow possible already, though I doubt it.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2013, 02:02:51 AM »

Added a 'purge' command to the todo list.

Would it be possible for you to add a command that reloads currently loaded mods, or perhaps a specific one?  It'd be useful for tweaking variables in-game.

Unless that's somehow possible already, though I doubt it.

Starsector's dev mode has a key that reloads all files used by the game (I believe it's F8).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 93