Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: Of Slipstreams and Sensor Ghosts (09/24/21)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Starpocalypse 1.4.0 - fortresses and regulations  (Read 18113 times)

Jaghaimo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starpocalypse 1.3.0 - fortresses and regulations
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2021, 01:05:09 AM »

That's odd and sorry to hear it's not working for you. I will need some logs to see what's going on, as well as Starpocalypse version you are running. For faster debugging, you could message me on Starsector Discord.
Stellar Networks - collection of useful intel boards
Starpocalypse - fortresses and regulations

Jaghaimo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starpocalypse 1.3.1 - fortresses and regulations
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2021, 01:31:53 AM »

Bug fix released - 1.3.1. Now contraband actually works.
Big thanks to PreConceptor who was the only person not to have noticed since release of 1.3.0 (3 months) but also to report it.

Jaghaimo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starpocalypse 1.4.0 - fortresses and regulations
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2021, 01:28:50 PM »

New update - 1.4.0 is out. Modularized the mod into Industry (adds patrol hqs, missing orbital stations, etc.) and Submarket (handles dmodding, weapon removal, etc) module. Each module can be disabled at will. Also added a new module - Engagements - which does a small reputation (less than one point) adjustment for factions related (both positively and negatively) to the fleets defeated by the player.

Soñjer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2021, 07:23:23 AM »

I really like this mod; it adds realistic difficulty, compared to other mods that adds pure gameplay/arcade difficulty.

One suggestion I would have is to overhaul the commission system:

- Reward activity (bigger fleet bounty in general, with extra for enemy factions, but less per month cash)
- Punish inactivity (must do X (3?) amount of missions per cycle, otherwise relations are tanked (-10?, scaling) until you're fired + big reputation penalty when going below 0)
- More content (exclusive/special missions for the player, more missions in general)

I know this is quite a bit of work, so you do you.

Also, is there any reason you're not on the mod index ? Stumbled upon your mod in the mod board, it's a shame I didn't knew it before.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2021, 08:56:47 AM »

Also, is there any reason you're not on the mod index ? Stumbled upon your mod in the mod board, it's a shame I didn't knew it before.
Good point.

@Thaago
This is probably refined enough to put into the 'Miscellaneous' section, right?

Jaghaimo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2021, 01:12:11 PM »

- Reward activity (bigger fleet bounty in general, with extra for enemy factions, but less per month cash)

This is actually pretty easy to do. Unfortunately, vanilla bounty manager only has 11 levels (0-10), and it increases based on successful bounties. I don't see a way to make it harder, other than:
  • Advancing to the next level faster (kinda tedious to implement but doable)
  • Starting at higher, config defined level (instead of 0)
  • Starting at max level (10)

Rewriting bounty manager is outside the scope of this mod.

- Punish inactivity (must do X (3?) amount of missions per cycle, otherwise relations are tanked (-10?, scaling) until you're fired + big reputation penalty when going below 0)

Like this one. Added a note to add inactivity checker, e.g. commissioned faction will get angry at you if you do nothing to help their cause within a cycle. Adjustable, perhaps you need to gain 10 rep in a cycle. Tanking ends when you reach 100. Thinking how to make it easier for implementation / tracking here...

- More content (exclusive/special missions for the player, more missions in general)

Again, this feels like a great idea but outside the scope of this mod. I'd suggest getting the upcoming MagicBounties mod (in development), or visiting Discord and getting Bounties Extended mod from there.

My oversight. This started as a proof-of-concept (and a bit of a joke) mod, and since has gained some traction. I simply forgot to add it there. I'll ask Thaago.

Thaago? Could I have this in Utilities section please?

This is probably refined enough to put into the 'Miscellaneous' section, right?

Technically it is a Utility mod, you can disable it at any time without breaking your save.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 01:14:47 PM by Jaghaimo »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]