Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Weapon animations above 100 frames, is it possible?  (Read 1694 times)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Weapon animations above 100 frames, is it possible?
« on: August 22, 2012, 08:43:40 PM »

Yep, another question from me. And again, it's concerning animation. Currently I'm redesigning a weapon of mine that has had a special place in my heart, which has become slightly more extensive than the previous version. And so the animation has exceeded 100 frames (124 frames, to be precise), however I get a crash with

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [01.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starfarer\starfarer-core\..\mods\Trade Scavengers,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]

I wanted to make sure whether it was possible or not to actually have over 100 frames before I start renaming for a purpose that would end up being in vain.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
Re: Weapon animations above 100 frames, is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 09:41:13 PM »

Of note:
http://batchrenamer.sourceforge.net/

Batch Renamer, ftw

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon animations above 100 frames, is it possible?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 06:14:19 AM »

Thanks for the link. Although I can't tell you if it worked or not, due to a rather cryptic error

8403 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Compiling script [data.hullmods.StabilizedShieldEmitter]
8435 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Compiling script [data.hullmods.AcceleratedShieldEmitter]
8442 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - ID     Calls   Duration    Percent
8443 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - --------------------------------
8445 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - org.json.JSONException: Illegal escape. at 141 [character 142 line 1]
org.json.JSONException: Illegal escape. at 141 [character 142 line 1]
   at org.json.JSONTokener.syntaxError(JSONTokener.java:423)
   at org.json.JSONTokener.nextString(JSONTokener.java:278)
   at org.json.JSONTokener.nextValue(JSONTokener.java:349)
   at org.json.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:210)
   at org.json.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:311)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.Ø00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.Ö00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpecLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpecLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
8467 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Compiling script [data.hullmods.ExtendedShieldEmitter]
8502 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Compiling script [data.hullmods.AdvancedTurretGyros]

However it's always at a different point of the hullmod section of loading, and I know for a fact I haven't been fiddling directly with vanilla stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind, that error was just my stupidly putting the slashes the wrong way round on the file path. Though I still have the first error now. As far as I can see, it should be working perfectly though

EDIT Mk. II: Got it working properly now. Forgot to put a "turret" sprite in even though it wasn't needed and is all going fine. And in answer to the question I raised, yes, you can have weapons with animations over 100 frames. It just goes 2 digits up to the hundreds where it goes up to 3 with no issue
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 11:00:24 AM by K-64 »