Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pulse laser MIRV missile?  (Read 2370 times)

HoustonWebster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Pulse laser MIRV missile?
« on: August 24, 2012, 07:13:13 PM »

It is possible to make mirv missile thats split lasers instead missiles?
I want make MIRV that fire laser in all direction instead missles
I was trying put some  pulse laser code as a warhead but game crash as soon as missiles going to split

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse laser MIRV missile?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 08:38:58 PM »

Nope, MIRV weapons can't do lasers.  It can only split into "MISSILE" or "ROCKET" types of projectiles.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Strifen

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:21:12 PM »

Depending on how loose your terminology is, I'd suggest taking a look at the Neutrino Unstable Photon Cannon data - the effect may be 'lasery'/close enough to resembling your desired effect with a bit of customization.

HoustonWebster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 06:30:10 AM »

Depending on how loose your terminology is, I'd suggest taking a look at the Neutrino Unstable Photon Cannon data - the effect may be 'lasery'/close enough to resembling your desired effect with a bit of customization.

Yes this is good example what i planning to do but i got 1 problem, the 'laser' as a missile lifetime is too long, is there any way to change this.
Anyway maybe proximity_fuse behavior will be better.

Brainbread

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 10:16:26 AM »

Nope, MIRV weapons can't do lasers.  It can only split into "MISSILE" or "ROCKET" types of projectiles.

What we need to have is the weapon split into Drones that have a special burst laser with one shot, have them propelled out from the Mirv when it detonates so they go in a pile of directions, and only the ability to control their orientation and not direction.

Now that'd probably work.

Edit: Like that one Gundam