Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [.53.1a] Eagle Loadouts  (Read 2306 times)

MidnightSun

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • About Me
[.53.1a] Eagle Loadouts
« on: August 22, 2012, 10:06:08 AM »

With the newly-improved Maneuvering Jets, the Eagle is really something (it's a close call whether the Eagle or Dominator is my favorite cruiser).

With all its forward-focused weapons, you can unleash a massive amount of firepower and pinpoint it on one location, easily cutting through armor. That said, what loadouts are you guys using?

Here's mine:
2x HVD, on left & right ballistic hardpoints
3x Phase Beam
5x Burst PD, three on front and two in rear

And ITU.

Middle ballistic hardpoint empty, two small missile slots empty. All extra points into vents.

I find it works very well at overloading and disarming ships with all the EMP damage, and the rest of my fleet can then unload missiles to quickly cut down the armor. The three Phase Beams work well in a pinch too, seeing as they do energy damage.

I've been experimenting with filling the front middle ballistic slot and removing the two rear Burst PD, but then flux balance and Salamanders become much more of an annoyance, respectively.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:44:34 AM by MidnightSun »

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
Re: [.53.1a] Eagle Loadouts
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 10:09:10 AM »

I ALways take at least one mauler. Usually it's two hvd's and a mauler. You can pretty much kite and kill anything with those alone.

I like to play with all the other slots. Pretty much any build works that I've tried so far, haha.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 10:09:31 AM »

Not liking the Eagle much, im a much bigger fan of the Falcon. But i find a setup on the Eagle using 3 tac lasers in front, 2 Phase beams, and 3 Heavy maulers with 2 Brust PD in the rear to do really great as a fighter swatter.

But I still like the Falcon alot more.

EDIT: 600th post Wohoo!

neonesis

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 10:25:39 AM »

Three maulers in front mean death for any kind of armour.

Three Graviton Beams mean struggle for most shields.
Two IR Pulse Lasers and one Burst PD laser in small slots.
Two PD lasers in the back.

Rest in vents/capacitors, with ITU and Hardened Shields.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 10:40:51 AM »

I do really like the Eagle! For my personal flagship I like the Conquest better (a steal at only 4 more points than the Eagle :P) but the AI can't fly it very well. I still don't have the hang of the Falcon. Its certainly playable, but I just prefer the weapon load and system of the Hammerhead.

My eagle build, which changes a bunch depending on who I'm fighting:
3x Graviton
4x pd lasers (or burst pd if lots of fighters) - front and back
Optional: 2x swarmers (surprisingly effective) or 2x reapers (ai not great with them)
Against tri-tach: 2x Heavy Autocannon, 1x Heavy Mauler
Against else: 1x Heavy Autocannon, 2x Heavy Mauler
(I'm not a fan of the HVD on the Eagle, but will sometimes use the heavy needler)

ITU, vents.