Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation (Yes, like TA)  (Read 20438 times)

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Annihilation (Yes, like TA)
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2012, 03:56:10 PM »

I WANT TO BUY THIS, and i am going to because my computer kicks ass! :)
:(
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2012, 06:54:55 PM »

If anyone was wondering with regards to being able to play in a single player mod or doing comp-stomps in multiplayer, I asked and they said that AI would be included in all liklihood, and that it was very likely to be moddable :D (Ok, I'm kind of an AI (and singleplayer) nut but still... Its always fun to make an AI, and then face off against it and see if it can beat you. Back in supcom (where I was the second modder ever :P), my 3rd mod was a simple AI mod... I've progressed from there to my current projects, including giving every single ship, station, system, and even faction its own advanced AI [I already did a fully functional prototype on a single faction, and am working on the intra-system AI system right now; that should be done in a matter of months, and then the interstellar (AI vs. AI 4x metalevel game) AI will come down the road once the engine supports it correctly (ie, based on the environment it can make decisions about what it wants to do, ie, a trader will look for deals, while a miner will search out ore-rich asteroids, while a command ship or military station will launch attacks against other such stations/ships in the system, while entire factions will be waging an interstellar war; all of this will be going on in the universe around the player) - then my OTHER project is creating a simple sub-general AI based on a neural net; I have already had some success with small neural nets (Numbering in the 10s of thousands of neurons), and am working on larger and more efficient/powerful implementations, eventually hoping to get the funding to build a prototype with millions of neurons for my senior year project, which I then plan on expanding and improving down the road.)

Wow I really went off on a tangent there >.>

Aleskander

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2012, 07:11:08 PM »

I love the graphic style, I hope they stick with that. Low poly means LOTS of units.

Meh. I dislike it(too cartoony), and at the moment it looks like the planets and systems are very small. But I digress, it's an indie game and not every game is make to my specific tastes.

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2012, 08:12:25 PM »

I havn't been this excited since finding out about Castle Story.
Dear God…. Castle Story….

GUNINANRUNIN                                                                                                                                              ::)                                                                                                                                               :-*
In short, if you throw a stone out of the rear window of your spaceship you will go faster.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2012, 11:31:25 PM »

Hahaha...

Avan,  want to join forces once I get around to mod this game?  XD

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2012, 11:32:28 PM »

this looks damned good....after the letdown that, for me at least, was Supreme Commander this may actually be a good TA follower

Dohon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 02:21:42 AM »

I love the graphic style, I hope they stick with that. Low poly means LOTS of units.

I asked them if the graphics were going to be similar. They replied:

"Yes."

They also said that it was "more than likely" that the troop ferrying mechanism from SupCom was going to be in. I really liked setting up transport routes. And then overwhelm the enemy from an unexpected angle.
Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war! - Battlecry of the Salamanders, Space Marine Chapter, Warhammer 40.000. [...] for in the grim dark future there is only war.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2012, 04:42:47 AM »

"Yes."

They also said that it was "more than likely" that the troop ferrying mechanism from SupCom was going to be in. I really liked setting up transport routes. And then overwhelm the enemy from an unexpected angle.

Again, love this decision. I'm sick and tired of games aiming at realism (failing terribly). They need to focus on massive battles so i'd work on low poly models (look, nobody complained about the PEWEE and it was like 4 polygons of concentrated AWESUM) and cool explosion\particles. This thing is growing on me.

TheMessiah

• Captain
  • Captain of the Sidus Dim
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2012, 08:47:34 AM »

Defiently pledging.

armoredcookie

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2012, 10:51:16 AM »

Mother of god... RTS across a solar system? That's pretty awesome.

legion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Total Annihilation Papercraft
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2012, 12:33:55 PM »

"Yes."

Again, love this decision. I'm sick and tired of games aiming at realism (failing terribly). They need to focus on massive battles so i'd work on low poly models (look, nobody complained about the PEWEE and it was like 4 polygons of concentrated AWESUM) and cool explosion\particles. This thing is growing on me.

The Peewee was actually heavy on the polygons:

(Preview shot of my PeeWee paper model, not the actual game model)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »

"heavy"

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2012, 02:10:56 PM »

It's been backed!

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2012, 03:14:26 PM »

I havn't been this excited since finding out about Castle Story.
Dear God…. Castle Story….

GUNINANRUNIN                                                                                                                                              ::)                                                                                                                                               :-*

DAMN YOU HUMAN!!!!! DAAAAMMMMMMNNN!!!!!!!!!  :P
For crying out laud i do not have enough MONEY!!!!
- Starfarer *checked* YAY!
- Planetary Annihilation *will be checked*
- Castle story *will be checked*
-  XCOM: Enemy Unknown *will be checked*
- Wasteland 2 *oh GOD! Must be checked!*
- Dead state *maybe*
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2012, 04:17:36 PM »

DAMN YOU HUMAN!!!!! DAAAAMMMMMMNNN!!!!!!!!!  :P
For crying out laud i do not have enough MONEY!!!!
- Starfarer *checked* YAY!
- Planetary Annihilation *will be checked*
- Castle story *will be checked*
-  XCOM: Enemy Unknown *will be checked*
- Wasteland 2 *oh GOD! Must be checked!*
- Dead state *maybe*
-Yes
-I wish
-Yes
-YES
-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF:OOO!!!
-Meh.
In short, if you throw a stone out of the rear window of your spaceship you will go faster.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5