Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Onslaught Default Variant Malfunction  (Read 2175 times)

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
Onslaught Default Variant Malfunction
« on: September 02, 2012, 12:45:17 AM »

I was playing campaign this morning and I was looking over my fleet and refitting when I noticed that after selecting the Elite default variant for my Onslaught that it was exceeding its OP (I think thats what its called? its the points you use for weapons and hullmods and stuff) by a few points. When I removed a hull mod and the level dropped below its maximum again I couldn't replace it in an attempt to go beyond the max once more.
In short, if you throw a stone out of the rear window of your spaceship you will go faster.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: Onslaught Default Variant Malfunction
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:56:09 AM »

ya... happens with many variants....

most of it are due to weapon cost change/ship OP change I think, guess alex just haven't had the time to update them between updates
mmm.... tartiflette

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 02:04:23 AM »

Another example is the Strike Wolf, that thing is 15 points over its 50 OP limit. Its really lethal.

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 08:44:20 AM »

From what I understand, this is intended. The justification is that skills will play a role in how ships are outfitted. In other words, you may stumble across a design that exceeds your OP limits, but it's just because it was designed using superior skills.

So, while you may be able to use that design, you can't produce it yourself or change things around without losing any bonus OP until you improve your skills.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 08:46:44 AM by naufrago »

Brainbread

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 10:50:27 AM »

From what I understand, this is intended. The justification is that skills will play a role in how ships are outfitted. In other words, you may stumble across a design that exceeds your OP limits, but it's just because it was designed using superior skills.

So, while you may be able to use that design, you can't produce it yourself or change things around without losing any bonus OP until you improve your skills.

I believe Alex mentioned that it was going to be a way of getting better ships; by discovering new Designs that were immutable, but strong.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 10:55:49 AM »

Let's keep the posts on this board on topic with respect to the board, not just each individual thread. Once it becomes clear something isn't a bug (or is resolved), I'd appreciate it if any further discussion of it took place elsewhere.