Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Terminator drones are too high priority targets.  (Read 1896 times)

zakastra

• Commander
    • View Profile
Terminator drones are too high priority targets.
« on: August 20, 2012, 11:08:28 PM »

Not sure if this is some form of intended. also haven't extensively tested yet to see whether this is just when player controlled, but it seems that when I am flying a solo tempest the AI ships will almost unilaterally ignore the tempest in favor of hunting and killing its drone, which for pirate vessels at least is a horrible, horrible idea as it nimbly evades the bulk of their attacks, dancing around them whilst the tempest shoots up their vulnerable behinds, and when they do actually succeed in taking it out, The tempest just kicks another fresh one out the airlock
Oh DRM, bane of the carrier captain...

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator drones are too high priority targets.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 07:34:07 AM »

Not a bug, though it's exacerbated by a bug where the Tempest can stock one more drone than it's supposed to, making the replacements too easy. For the enemy in a low-tech ship, it's a "pick your poison" situation. The drone has enough firepower that ignoring it is a bad idea, too. And the Tempest isn't exactly the kind of ship you can focus down quickly - if anything, it's about as nimble and more survivable than the drone.

zakastra

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator drones are too high priority targets.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 03:42:00 AM »

Aye, when I posted this I wasn't aware of the restock bug, it makes sense in proper context, when the terminator drone can be denied for a reasonable period of time the choice to eliminate it makes sense.
Oh DRM, bane of the carrier captain...