Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.53.1a] Disabled ships destroyed just before end of battle not logged as such  (Read 1684 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile

- disable ship
- destroy disabled hull just before battle ends.
- if the explosion animation doesn't have time to finish before the battle ends, there is no destruction message. (not a requirement for the post-battle summary screen to be bugged)
- on the post-battle summary the ship isn't logged as having been destroyed, only disabled.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:40:04 PM by TJJ »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report - I'll check it out.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile

This is still happening in 0.53.1a.

Last enemy ship was a Doom cruiser.

I utterly swarmed it with my 105 point fleet; as soon as its cloak ran out it was peppered to death by fighters, and a few seconds later was hit by a  *deleted*  ton of missiles fired from my cruisers. The resulting damage destroyed the hulk.

However, on the battle summary screen it was listed as only being disabled.

Though in this instance the explosion animation of the Doom had plenty of time to finish, so obviously not a requirement for reproduction. (modified original post to reflect this)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:39:25 PM by TJJ »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for reporting this again. I did think I fix it - and I'm pretty sure I actually fixed some causes of it - but apparently there's another way it can happen. I'll take a look.