Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flares on Rockets  (Read 1459 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Flares on Rockets
« on: August 22, 2012, 08:56:53 PM »

OK, I've seen a Buffalo use Flares to try to "jam" enemy rockets.  Rockets have no form of  tracking, so why does the AI waste flares on them?

If you want to reproduce, take an Outdated enforcer into simluation mode and send out a Buffalo Mk. II.  Fire your annihilator rockets at it and it will use flares eventually to try to distract them.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Flares on Rockets
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 09:00:28 PM »

Well it may be because there's the chance the flares could 'jump' in the way of said rockets, but the placement of how the flares launch makes it unlikely to ever intercept,

I'd seen them, if you launch a missile close enough, they'll still flare. It's not like the buffalo can do anything else other than launch missiles and poop out some flares  :D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 07:34:25 PM »

Meh. -_-
I'd still like to see the AI stop using flares on rockets, it's useless, quiet frankly.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »

Not a bug. Flares can hit rockets, and occasionally do.