Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 753 (23.6%)
More weapons
- 480 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 477 (15%)
Space monsters
- 704 (22.1%)
More lore
- 206 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1423

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1787427 times)

Solo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards
« Reply #3090 on: June 26, 2022, 04:14:46 AM »

So happy to see this mod available again! ;D Is it safe to add the faction into an existing save game? Cause I just pick this game up again recently and sorta don't want to start a new game... :-\

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: June 28, 2022, 10:16:49 AM »

So happy to see this mod available again! ;D Is it safe to add the faction into an existing save game? Cause I just pick this game up again recently and sorta don't want to start a new game... :-\

Hi! You may find blueprints and weapons from the faction, but they require a new game for their systems and colonies to spawn in.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: July 10, 2022, 05:07:52 AM »

Not sure if this is happening to others but the Blackrock hull mods aren't working. I have come across them and right click to learn but then they don't show up in the list of hull mods. Playing with Nex and a bunch of other mods, so not sure if it's a compatibility issue or if it's a bug?

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: July 10, 2022, 06:23:28 AM »

Not sure if this is happening to others but the Blackrock hull mods aren't working. I have come across them and right click to learn but then they don't show up in the list of hull mods. Playing with Nex and a bunch of other mods, so not sure if it's a compatibility issue or if it's a bug?

you need to select their filter in the refit screen, it'll probably be "blackrock driveyards"

Admiral_hipper112

• Ensign
  • Keep cool and stay cool that's my motto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: August 30, 2022, 08:04:10 AM »

Since this question keeps coming up and since I still can't work on the mod, I took some time to think about it today. I'm ok with independent compatibility patches, provided:

- Any such update should be made available with the understanding that I do not explicitly endorse it beforehand, and without the expectation of me vetting it before or after it gets uploaded
- It should have its own version number for clarity in case of any future, fork-induced, bug reporting complexity

Hope that makes sense. I don't want this to become an excuse to force the mod out of hiatus (eg. requiring my direct involvement and oversight) which is why I am taking this hands-off approach. There might be an official stopgap update at some point in the future too, but again, nothing has been locked in that this point, so this is what I'll do for now.

This is nice to hear and I think a sensible approach.
Well, for anyone that wants to play with Blackrock in 0.95.1a I'll put the link to my patched version here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vGXPTcAC1sFiwphizRN9TE-8hNU7h1wK/view?usp=sharing
It basically plays and functions the same as in 0.9.1a, just that it now works for 0.95.1a
I gave it its own, somewhat arbitrary version number, so that should cause no trouble.
It also needs GraphicsLib, MagicLib and LazyLib just like before.

basedddddd thanks for making the patch can finally play this in the current ver havent seen this mod and im lookin forward to the ships that'll make me bully the hegemony even more
Anime pics and starsector don't mix well but are hella funny

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: August 30, 2022, 09:05:54 AM »

I can't believe I have never tried this mod out. Does it add any quests or storyline to the game?

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: August 31, 2022, 01:03:21 AM »

I can't believe I have never tried this mod out. Does it add any quests or storyline to the game?

not that i remember, BDY was made before that support was added to starsector.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: September 24, 2022, 07:33:53 AM »

Aww yisss, thanks for the unofficial patches, early game is just not the same without shrimp shenanigans  :)
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: September 24, 2022, 11:28:30 PM »

BRDY's inception was years and years before that was even possible in Starsector.

Hell, when BRDY was young, in-campaign missions period were still a bit of a question mark and at "what shape should these really take" territory. Bars didn't exist.

Volsungare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: March 07, 2023, 04:32:55 PM »

Will either of the patched versions work or is one prefered over the other?

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: March 07, 2023, 04:55:12 PM »

Will either of the patched versions work or is one prefered over the other?
I immodestly recommend mine because of the bugfixes. ^^'

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: May 08, 2023, 01:28:24 AM »

Praying for a .96 update here please!!!!  :D

Many thanks!

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: May 08, 2023, 03:03:31 PM »

Hello! I have updated BRDY to use the new MagicLib packages.

Blackrock Drive Yards 0.9.5b4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i84vgLgF8xQQk5vjkrjyH-BfrZ1wfT7O/view?usp=sharing
BRDY Unofficial Balance Add-on: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o01S7okej1mTbliAD6Y010dq51QRsChe/view?usp=share_link (fixed mod_info 5/13)

For now please direct any bug reports my way. Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 07:38:26 PM by Dal »

richardface

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: May 08, 2023, 09:17:06 PM »

Hello! I have updated BRDY to use the new MagicLib packages.

Blackrock Drive Yards 0.9.5b4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i84vgLgF8xQQk5vjkrjyH-BfrZ1wfT7O/view?usp=sharing
BRDY Unofficial Balance Add-on: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DIEO0dbuDqSrwooqIkXE0_kHTvT8Qy27/view?usp=sharing

For now please direct any bug reports my way. Enjoy :)

Crashes on starting new game IF you use nexelerin with your unofficial patch (many thanks for that also btw) AND you choose to randomize the core sector, here's the last bit of the log

185758 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [ABSOLUTE_AND_CWD: null (data\campaign\econ/algebbar.json)]
185759 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.A  - Loading star system: kumarikandam.json
185759 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [ABSOLUTE_AND_CWD: null (data\campaign\econ/kumarikandam.json)]
185761 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.A  - Loading star system: isirah.json
185761 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [ABSOLUTE_AND_CWD: null (data\campaign\econ/isirah.json)]
186009 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.tagLuddicShrines(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:954)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.onNewGameAfterEconom yLoad(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:898)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.L.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.J.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.classnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.W.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: May 08, 2023, 10:51:30 PM »

@Richardface I was trying to do derelict empire earlier, I’m pretty sure unofficial Nex patch random sector is solely at fault for the crash here.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 07:05:55 AM by TalRaziid »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208