Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 753 (23.6%)
More weapons
- 480 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 477 (15%)
Space monsters
- 704 (22.1%)
More lore
- 206 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1423

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 208

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1787350 times)

Sebaa

• Ensign
  • Gamer
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards
« Reply #3060 on: February 16, 2022, 07:48:15 AM »

I have recently managed to make myself a patchwork version of Blackrock for 0.95 that, for the time that I played with it so far, seems to be working fine.
If Cycerin would be alright with it I would upload it somewhere and put the link to it in the replies here.

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: March 22, 2022, 09:28:37 AM »

I have recently managed to make myself a patchwork version of Blackrock for 0.95 that, for the time that I played with it so far, seems to be working fine.
If Cycerin would be alright with it I would upload it somewhere and put the link to it in the replies here.
It would be nice, but of crs all we need is Cicerin permition. I hope he see your post.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: March 22, 2022, 01:11:40 PM »

Since this question keeps coming up and since I still can't work on the mod, I took some time to think about it today. I'm ok with independent compatibility patches, provided:

- Any such update should be made available with the understanding that I do not explicitly endorse it beforehand, and without the expectation of me vetting it before or after it gets uploaded
- It should have its own version number for clarity in case of any future, fork-induced, bug reporting complexity

Hope that makes sense. I don't want this to become an excuse to force the mod out of hiatus (eg. requiring my direct involvement and oversight) which is why I am taking this hands-off approach. There might be an official stopgap update at some point in the future too, but again, nothing has been locked in that this point, so this is what I'll do for now.

Sebaa

• Ensign
  • Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: March 22, 2022, 03:26:22 PM »

Since this question keeps coming up and since I still can't work on the mod, I took some time to think about it today. I'm ok with independent compatibility patches, provided:

- Any such update should be made available with the understanding that I do not explicitly endorse it beforehand, and without the expectation of me vetting it before or after it gets uploaded
- It should have its own version number for clarity in case of any future, fork-induced, bug reporting complexity

Hope that makes sense. I don't want this to become an excuse to force the mod out of hiatus (eg. requiring my direct involvement and oversight) which is why I am taking this hands-off approach. There might be an official stopgap update at some point in the future too, but again, nothing has been locked in that this point, so this is what I'll do for now.

This is nice to hear and I think a sensible approach.
Well, for anyone that wants to play with Blackrock in 0.95.1a I'll put the link to my patched version here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vGXPTcAC1sFiwphizRN9TE-8hNU7h1wK/view?usp=sharing
It basically plays and functions the same as in 0.9.1a, just that it now works for 0.95.1a
I gave it its own, somewhat arbitrary version number, so that should cause no trouble.
It also needs GraphicsLib, MagicLib and LazyLib just like before.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: March 22, 2022, 07:06:57 PM »

I'm also maintaining a copy that I ported and posted to the Discord earlier today. https://www.mediafire.com/file/m4eofbd569nzb6e/Blackrock_Drive_Yards_95b2.zip/file
It's a straight update from the most recent official version with a weapon and ship tag fix as well as some colony changes to prevent decivilization due to industry penalties. In the unexpected event anything breaks, lemme know.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 01:09:07 AM by Dal »

Hashmander

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: March 23, 2022, 01:39:03 AM »

This is nice to hear and I think a sensible approach.
Well, for anyone that wants to play with Blackrock in 0.95.1a I'll put the link to my patched version here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vGXPTcAC1sFiwphizRN9TE-8hNU7h1wK/view?usp=sharing
It basically plays and functions the same as in 0.9.1a, just that it now works for 0.95.1a
I gave it its own, somewhat arbitrary version number, so that should cause no trouble.
It also needs GraphicsLib, MagicLib and LazyLib just like before.

I'm also maintaining a copy that I ported and posted to the Discord earlier today. https://www.mediafire.com/file/t2vbuxqfsugygsw/Blackrock_Drive_Yards.zip/file Just a straight update from the most recent version. In the unexpected event anything breaks, lemme know.

Super nice to hear that there's a working version out there now! Just noticed that both these are missing a fix to a known bug where some BDRY weapons don't spawn in markets.

In \mods\Blackrock Drive Yards\data\world\factions\blackrock_driveyards.faction you need to add the brdy_wep_bp tag:

Code
"knownWeapons":{
"tags":["brdy_com_bp", "brdy_mil_bp", "brdy_rare", "brdy_wep_bp"],
"weapons":[
],

Sebaa

• Ensign
  • Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: March 23, 2022, 04:22:09 AM »

Super nice to hear that there's a working version out there now! Just noticed that both these are missing a fix to a known bug where some BDRY weapons don't spawn in markets.

In \mods\Blackrock Drive Yards\data\world\factions\blackrock_driveyards.faction you need to add the brdy_wep_bp tag:

Code
"knownWeapons":{
"tags":["brdy_com_bp", "brdy_mil_bp", "brdy_rare", "brdy_wep_bp"],
"weapons":[
],

Thanks for the heads up, should be fixed now.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: March 23, 2022, 03:42:29 PM »

Good call, thanks. Tart is working on Nebulous stuff for the time being so I've posted my copy to the Discord's mod_updates channel. If you're coming from there with a bug report, please direct it to me. I'm not messing with any balance so feedback should still go here.

Bucket

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: March 23, 2022, 06:44:24 PM »

I don't know what it was but the version post by Dal doesn't conflict with Adjusted Sector while Sebaa's does.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: March 24, 2022, 01:07:43 AM »

Updated with some campaign fixes for my copy. https://www.mediafire.com/file/m4eofbd569nzb6e/Blackrock_Drive_Yards_95b2.zip/file

= 0.9.5b2 =
- Added an unofficial_changelog document to mod folder.
- To prevent premature decivilization because of too many industries:
   * The colonies Lydia and Preclusion have been upsized from 10^3 to 10^4.
   * Vigil station has lost its military base. It retains its patrol HQ.
   * Limbo has been upsized to 10^4 and had its military base exchanged for a patrol HQ.
   * Thalm Listening Post remains 10^3 but has lost its light industry.
   * Bharata no longer has a Heavy Industry facility.
   - Seeing these changes requires a new game this once. Sorry!
- Changed the 0-Series Nevermore from BRDY-Rare to BRDY_Rare. It may now spawn.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 02:08:18 AM by Dal »

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: March 24, 2022, 07:41:31 AM »

hi, does it work with actual ss version?

Code00

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: March 24, 2022, 09:05:17 AM »

Thank you for extending this mods lifespam Dal. I got to experience this mod for the first time and I like it. Unique ships and all that.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: March 24, 2022, 01:14:09 PM »

hi, does it work with actual ss version?

The mediafire link I've posted works with Starsector 0.95.1a-RC6. :)

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: March 24, 2022, 02:49:36 PM »

I love how this gets revived on my birthday :P

Best present ever xD

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: March 26, 2022, 01:27:29 AM »