Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 755 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 481 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 478 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1425

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1791287 times)

Dudok22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.9.5a (10.06.2019) - Hotfix released
« Reply #2925 on: October 22, 2019, 06:48:01 AM »

It's probably the fault of other mods, but a lot of the BRDY weapons won't ever spawn in markets, like the normal gale-cannon, large dart pod, IMN assault gun, voidspear MRMS, and a few others. I'm not sure what could be causing it.

It's a known bug, do this to fix it:

Add "brdy_wep_bp" to the \mods\Blackrock Drive Yards\data\world\factions\blackrock_driveyards.faction file in the knownWeapons like this

Code
"knownWeapons":{
"tags":["brdy_com_bp", "brdy_mil_bp", "brdy_rare", "brdy_wep_bp"],
"weapons":[
],

braciszek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: October 29, 2019, 11:19:26 PM »

I am addicted to this mod. BRDY ships and equipment favor a playstyle that i very much enjoy. With a Karkinos as my flagship, no capital ship's rear is safe from being obliterated. I typically favor controlling cruisers and capital ships, but the destroyers and frigates of BRDY are very fun to pilot with their ability to pack loads of firepower.

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: December 09, 2019, 08:07:41 PM »

Was going through ship_data.csv and it appears the Eschaton has the CARRIER, COMBAT hints instead of the Kurmaraja. Would this effect ship AI behavior?

Sunnyko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: December 09, 2019, 10:40:51 PM »

Any chance for support for commissioned crews?

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: December 21, 2019, 04:49:10 AM »

Hey, I'm working on a pirate reskin of the Karkinos for personal use in my pirate playthrough.

I am trying to recolor the effect of its teleport from green to red but can't get it right. I have recolored the fx pngs but it's still very much green. Which graphics/scripts do I need to edit to change the whole thing?

Not going to use this for a mod or anything by the way, just for my own playthrough and to learn some sprite editing. When I'm done you're welcome to use it if you like it of course.

Rezonga

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: February 12, 2020, 06:15:03 AM »

Please make it so all the weapons and such show up in console commands when you search using brdy, It makes finding faction specific stuff so much easier when everything uses the same thing,
Some equipment cant be found by typing brdy, some only need the br, some equipment are just there by name like the voidspears, and a couple of weapons I couldn't find at all.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: February 13, 2020, 12:23:21 AM »

Please make it so all the weapons and such show up in console commands when you search using brdy, It makes finding faction specific stuff so much easier when everything uses the same thing,
Some equipment cant be found by typing brdy, some only need the br, some equipment are just there by name like the voidspears, and a couple of weapons I couldn't find at all.
Changing those breaks saves sadly, so it is very unlikely a modder will do that. Meanwhile, you can open up weapon_data.csv inside Blackrock Drive Yards\data\weapons folder and see every weapon ID.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: February 14, 2020, 05:05:51 AM »

Hello Cycerin and people!
This mod is decently crafted and even inspiring, some of the ships look amazing!

I have an issue with this mod, however, balancing issues, while playing it with NEX I think you were overly generous with BRDY Cycerin, their fleets are infinite and dangerous to colonies! BRDY isn't that huge to have like thousands of huge fleets, plus that Pristine Nano-Forge can even beat vanilla factions
I was comissioned into Tri-Tachyon and I took over the pirate Limbo planet in Rama, BRDY immediately took issue with me, despite it being a 3 factions planet, so they caused a war over it, they were at war with SCY and Kadur at the same time, the TTS garrison isn't that good, but what is the issue here is the amount of Fleets BRDY has!

I have a decent fleet, nothing that could stomp a station, but it can defeat most fleets, I must have destroyed easily 90 Blackrock drive yard fleets yesterday, they keep spewing out those medium Consortium Enforcers and huge System Protection Fleets as if it was that easy and minor patrols despite being constantly repulsed
They don't ceasefire either after taking so much attrition, not surprisingly, a Hegemony alliance declared war on Tri-Tachyon, so I'm fighting a senseless war with BRDY and defending against Hegemony at the same time, Hegemons can be repulsed back and take while to reconstruct, but BRDY constantly spawns huge fleets, these fleets have a inate ability to overpower Stations, any station, I was stalking Limbo and having recently built a Station there, Consortium Enforcer fleets that aren't even that capable of destroying Stations, (in game battle), can easily destroy stations if I don't join in to see them getting killed..

I could understand a lore reason for them to have like.. a huge army, but minor patrols being able to destroy stations is where I take issue.. is this a vanilla problem? can someone explain to me?
plus' F Hegedemonies satured my pristine nano-forge while I was busy in Rana

Blackrock Drive Yards does not have NEX diplomacy traits? is that a reason they can't Ceasefire?
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: February 14, 2020, 12:29:09 PM »

Spoiler
Hello Cycerin and people!
This mod is decently crafted and even inspiring, some of the ships look amazing!

I have an issue with this mod, however, balancing issues, while playing it with NEX I think you were overly generous with BRDY Cycerin, their fleets are infinite and dangerous to colonies! BRDY isn't that huge to have like thousands of huge fleets, plus that Pristine Nano-Forge can even beat vanilla factions
I was comissioned into Tri-Tachyon and I took over the pirate Limbo planet in Rama, BRDY immediately took issue with me, despite it being a 3 factions planet, so they caused a war over it, they were at war with SCY and Kadur at the same time, the TTS garrison isn't that good, but what is the issue here is the amount of Fleets BRDY has!

I have a decent fleet, nothing that could stomp a station, but it can defeat most fleets, I must have destroyed easily 90 Blackrock drive yard fleets yesterday, they keep spewing out those medium Consortium Enforcers and huge System Protection Fleets as if it was that easy and minor patrols despite being constantly repulsed
They don't ceasefire either after taking so much attrition, not surprisingly, a Hegemony alliance declared war on Tri-Tachyon, so I'm fighting a senseless war with BRDY and defending against Hegemony at the same time, Hegemons can be repulsed back and take while to reconstruct, but BRDY constantly spawns huge fleets, these fleets have a inate ability to overpower Stations, any station, I was stalking Limbo and having recently built a Station there, Consortium Enforcer fleets that aren't even that capable of destroying Stations, (in game battle), can easily destroy stations if I don't join in to see them getting killed..

I could understand a lore reason for them to have like.. a huge army, but minor patrols being able to destroy stations is where I take issue.. is this a vanilla problem? can someone explain to me?
plus' F Hegedemonies satured my pristine nano-forge while I was busy in Rana

Blackrock Drive Yards does not have NEX diplomacy traits? is that a reason they can't Ceasefire?
[close]

None of this is an issue with BRDY - it's just how invasion fleets are in Nexerlin. I presume this is your first or second game of it, or you'd have experience with seeing that any invasion consists of half a dozen fleets the size of a pirate armada, except instead of crummy atlas Mk. II's they've got 10-15 of that faction's capitals.

I'm also presuming you haven't added many other mod factions, as Diable, SCY, II, DME, SRA, Neutrino, and Junk Pirates all have pristine nanoforges.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: February 14, 2020, 01:27:14 PM »

I used to be a textwall like you you, til I took a delete to the temple

Your presumptions are unfortunately wrong, I have been around, discord told me BRDY has these extra patrols because of their unique consortium building, which is like the Lion's in Askonia, my other issue was that minor patrols could RNG Stations and Fortresses and win which was a issue exarcebated by BRDY having extra patrols in the system of Rana

The the problem currently is more than that, it's because they can't call a ceasefire despite having several crushing defeats, they are not invading said system because they own it (which was added by this mod)
I have other Factions, Kadur, SCY, all active actors in that sub-sector of the Core Worlds, BRDY does not have those traits like all other factions in NEX, maybe they're not set for diplomacy? because someone told me factions in vanilla don't have the option to call for a ceasefire

Anyway, thank you for your time, I'll probably give up on that save and work better strategies.
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

Rezonga

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: February 20, 2020, 12:27:25 AM »

Changing those breaks saves sadly, so it is very unlikely a modder will do that. Meanwhile, you can open up weapon_data.csv inside Blackrock Drive Yards\data\weapons folder and see every weapon ID.
Well it's not like other modders haven't broken saves before, some of them seem to do it every 3 or so updates.
Well based on what others have said, The mod needs an update since some things just never appear in the market.
Might as well make the ID adjustments at the same time.

Vitya_Pinguinus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: April 27, 2020, 06:15:26 AM »

Whenever i research blackrock hull modification, it doesn't appear in the hull mod list, so i can't install it

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: April 27, 2020, 09:44:26 AM »

Whenever i research blackrock hull modification, it doesn't appear in the hull mod list, so i can't install it
Check that you've got the blackrock hull mod tag selected.  It'll frequently default to not, and then none of the mods show up.  (The ability to filter hull mods by tag is actually pretty useful when you have a lot of mods, but only if you actually know it's there.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Vitya_Pinguinus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: April 28, 2020, 01:39:24 AM »

Check that you've got the blackrock hull mod tag selected.  It'll frequently default to not, and then none of the mods show up.  (The ability to filter hull mods by tag is actually pretty useful when you have a lot of mods, but only if you actually know it's there.)
My god, you're right. Thank you so much for pointing that out :)

Cane

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: May 23, 2020, 12:17:55 AM »

Hi, this is my favourite faction mod by a very long way. Everything about Blackrock is fantastic, and I commend you for your work on it.

I have, however, found something you should be aware of. Someone else noticed the same thing, on the previous page, and it appears to have gone unnoticed, so let me reiterate it here.

The Vespa is completely overpowered. It offers the most powerful unguided payload available outside of the Cobra Bomber, and it does so at several times the speed of its Reaper-class rival. The result is a torpedo dealing 2500 damage (plus 1500 EMP damage) travelling at speeds high enough to catch destroyers.

This alone is very strong, though not enough to be overpowered. In fact, the Vespa bombers are balanced in most cases through the following drawback:

Their flight path takes them directly into danger, so you are more likely to lose them than you are most other bombers. Even if they don’t die, their flight path leads them far away from your carrier, making them take a lot longer than most bombers to return to the ship. As a result of Vespas dying and taking a long time to return, your fighter reinforcement takes a beating. If you field Vespas, you spend a long time waiting for them to be ready again.

Unless you use the Vespas on the Astral.

Now you have 12 Vespas travelling faster than any other bomber, launching torpedoes faster than any other torpedo, each torpedo doing more damage than any other weapon save the Reaper, each torpedo almost impossible to evade and which PD systems can’t kill in time, fielded on a ship that can teleport the bombers straight back after they have finished their bombing run, completely negating the only weakness that renders them balanced.

12 Vespas. Dealing 30,000 damage.

Two six-wing Vespa runs can kill an Onslaught from full shield and full health, and an officer-controlled Astral can land that 30,000 damage nuke over and over and over again.

This wasn’t playtested. It can’t have been.

To make the most of this broken combo, pair your Astral with a couple of lesser carriers using fighters and interceptors. These keep your Astral safe from enemy fighter wings, and they help by overloading the weapon and PD systems of your target enemy.

Well, at least you no longer have to Drover spam?

Anyway. Still, best mod ever. Sick work all around.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 209