Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 755 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 481 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 478 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1425

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790670 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.8.0
« Reply #1935 on: December 16, 2015, 06:25:10 AM »

^ Im not sure what that has to do with Corvus mode, you are probably thinking about the Rama system. : )

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: December 16, 2015, 07:55:37 AM »

am i an idiot?

nexerelin has a corvus mode that is not using generated systems.. so named i'd guess because corvus was in it

so if i'm not mistaken and that the BRDY system was a thing, why is it not in corvus mode?

does that mean it's in SS+ but not nexerelin and if so why

i'm confused

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 16, 2015, 08:33:21 AM »

am i an idiot?

nexerelin has a corvus mode that is not using generated systems.. so named i'd guess because corvus was in it

so if i'm not mistaken and that the BRDY system was a thing, why is it not in corvus mode?

does that mean it's in SS+ but not nexerelin and if so why

i'm confused
Because to make your mod compatible with Nexerelin you have to tell it to NOT generate it's system if Nexerelin is active. Corvus Mode require to make an exception to that rule, it's not complex but since it's a relatively new feature Cycerin has yet to implement it. And it's planned for the next Blackrock update.

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: December 17, 2015, 03:02:20 AM »

ahk. didn't realize it was an involved process

no worries either way

ROFLtheWAFL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: December 17, 2015, 04:09:13 PM »

Getting a fatal: null crash every time I try to run starsector with Blackrock installed. I've got 0.7.1a, latest Lazylib, Shaderlib, and Starsector+. I also have Interstellar Imperium, Tiangdong Heavy Industries, Common Radar, and Autosave mods installed. Game works fine with them, but the moment I try to run with Blackrock, it crashes after loading.

This is the warning/error part of the starsector.log after the crash:
Spoiler
162344 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id flarelauncher_fighter_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id traveldrive_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id inferniuminjector_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id brphasecloak_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id skimmer_drone_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id lucifergenerator_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id scalarcloak_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id scalarrepulsor_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162838 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
   at sun.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Native Method)
   at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(Unknown Source)
   at org.lwjgl.BufferUtils.createByteBuffer(BufferUtils.java:60)
   at com.fs.starfarer.util.O0OO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: December 17, 2015, 04:32:01 PM »

Getting a fatal: null crash every time I try to run starsector with Blackrock installed. I've got 0.7.1a, latest Lazylib, Shaderlib, and Starsector+. I also have Interstellar Imperium, Tiangdong Heavy Industries, Common Radar, and Autosave mods installed. Game works fine with them, but the moment I try to run with Blackrock, it crashes after loading.

This is the warning/error part of the starsector.log after the crash:
Spoiler
162344 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id flarelauncher_fighter_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id traveldrive_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id inferniuminjector_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id brphasecloak_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id skimmer_drone_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id lucifergenerator_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id scalarcloak_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162345 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id scalarrepulsor_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
162838 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
   at sun.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Native Method)
   at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(Unknown Source)
   at org.lwjgl.BufferUtils.createByteBuffer(BufferUtils.java:60)
   at com.fs.starfarer.util.O0OO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
Looks like you need 64 bit java my friend!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

ROFLtheWAFL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: December 17, 2015, 06:21:50 PM »

Looks like you need 64 bit java my friend!

Okay, can you tell me how to get it? First I went and got the 64-bit Chrome beta, so I could download 64-bit Java. Tried running Starsector, fatal: null crashed again. So I went and downloaded the 64-bit JRE v8, installed it, and tried Starsector again. Another fatal: null crash. The starsector.log shows the same error as before.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile

ROFLtheWAFL

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Doc Schnabel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: December 22, 2015, 11:19:41 AM »

Because to make your mod compatible with Nexerelin you have to tell it to NOT generate it's system if Nexerelin is active. Corvus Mode require to make an exception to that rule, it's not complex but since it's a relatively new feature Cycerin has yet to implement it. And it's planned for the next Blackrock update.

Is that change something that players can do locally in the meantime, or is it locked up in the JAR?

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.8.1
« Reply #1945 on: December 22, 2015, 09:18:01 PM »

Download here

mirror

Changelog:

Spoiler

- Added support for Nexerelin Corvus Mode
- Moved Rama system
- Adjusted CR/day recovery stat across the board, was way lower than intended for most ships, and too high for some outliers. This will have a MASSIVE impact on campaign gameplay, if you had noticed how slow CR was to get back for BRDY fleets.
- Added another portrait
- Morpheus: Nerfed Arclight LFOs a bit to emphasize close-range combat and toggling autofire to use LFO more strategically, eg. you will want to turn autofire off, wait for charges to come back, and then nuke a target.
  Arclight LFO: Charge regen rate decreased to 0,125 from 0,15, damage decreased by 10, flight time decreased by 2.2 seconds (Range now approximates the given one, ~1100 units)
  (Note: for the time being, the Arclight LFO always conserves one ammo on autofire, due to vanilla behavior that I haven't figured out how to circumvent. To deal with this, manually fire the weapon group.)
  Void Buster: Damage per second increased by 100 and flux/second decreased by 100, firing now longer modifies turn rate acceleration (raw turn rate is still lowered, but not nearly as much as before)
- Eschaton: Decreased max. burn to 6, increased supply/month to 18
- Robberfly: This ship was due for some general buffs, as I feel like the power creep of both vanilla and mod SS has left it wanting.
  Increased Hull by 400 (now 1800), Armor by 65 (now 325), Max speed by 5, Turn Acceleration by 30 (now 165), max. Flux by 100 (now 1200) and Flux Dissipation by 10 (now 150)
  Now comes with Shielded Cargo Holds
- Silverfish: Shield arc adjusted to 80 from 90, armor increased to 280 from 250, cargo capacity lowered to 100 from 150
- Mod Silverfish: Flux Dissipation increased by 10
- Gale Cannon: Improved fire rate slightly, accuracy now degrades more when firing at max. fire rate
- INM Assault Gun: Flux/shot lowered by 5, cooldown between bursts lowered by 0.1, SFX changed
- Scalaron Blaster: Damage lowered to 900, flux/shot increased to 1000, base ammo decreased to 15
- Increased Raze Cannon proj speed
- Fixed bug with BRDY Strike Suite
- Reverted to old Scalaron Pulse Beam SFX (imaginos, morpheus built-in PD)
- Polished Shard Cannon/ Shard Gun SFX
- Polished ship explosion SFX
- Slight visual tweak to Burst Jets and Slip Jets
- Tweak to Bharata market
- Shortened Blackrock Drive Yards faction name with article (Now simply "Blackrock Drive Yards)
[close]
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:29:25 PM by Cycerin »

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.8.1 - Updated
« Reply #1946 on: December 22, 2015, 09:23:11 PM »

Yeeeeesss

Time for a very Crackrock Christmas.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: December 22, 2015, 10:11:50 PM »

"- Added support for Nexerelin Corvus Mode"

thank you.

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.8.1
« Reply #1948 on: December 22, 2015, 10:44:59 PM »

- Added support for Nexerelin Corvus Mode

YESSSSSS finally.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: December 23, 2015, 01:48:56 AM »

Nuuu, mah blasters!

Apart from that, thank you for the wonderful xmas present ^^

There's still a total lack of large-mount gale revolver cannons tho :p
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 209