Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 757 (23.6%)
More weapons
- 483 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 481 (15%)
Space monsters
- 707 (22.1%)
More lore
- 209 (6.5%)
More music
- 132 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 278 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1430

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1802618 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.8.0
« Reply #1905 on: December 12, 2015, 10:53:15 AM »

^ Yeah, I'll probably do something like that, as I have felt more or less the same thing. :)

Modular LFO is not likely to happen. Too powerful, so it would have to be a large energy weapon. Maybe in the future when you can properly gate access to powerful and rare ships/weapons.

And fluff-wise it's part of the Morpheus and requires a triple-core dimensional engine to function. The Morpheus is guiding the beams itself, through extending force-fields into space. It's not a fire-and-forget weapon. You couldn't have a modular AM Lance without shrinking the head of a Nevermore down to turret size, and it's the same thing here.

Medium SPL is happening, just need to figure out how to balance it.

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: December 12, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »

Is the scaleron blaster meant to be so good? It's the best medium energy assault weapon in my game right now. It's currently 610 flux per shot, even at 1220 it's still an amazing weapon (which is what I have it set to right now... maybe should be more?)

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: December 12, 2015, 11:16:11 AM »

I had a thought in the shower about LFO/Guided Linear Pulse missiles, that might be something to look into. I'm trying it out as a homing-laser torpedo, so I can send that along if you'd like to play with it and see if it gives you ideas.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: December 12, 2015, 12:20:08 PM »

Is the scaleron blaster meant to be so good? It's the best medium energy assault weapon in my game right now. It's currently 610 flux per shot, even at 1220 it's still an amazing weapon (which is what I have it set to right now... maybe should be more?)

It's too good right now, precisely because it's too noncommittal for the firing ship. It's on the list for the next patch.

I had a thought in the shower about LFO/Guided Linear Pulse missiles, that might be something to look into. I'm trying it out as a homing-laser torpedo, so I can send that along if you'd like to play with it and see if it gives you ideas.

Thanks, but I don't really intend to do anything along those lines for the mod. The SPL is the only guided modular energy weapon in the mod, and I wanna keep it that way. :) Make something standalone?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:23:24 PM by Cycerin »

Roflzozicals

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: December 12, 2015, 06:33:32 PM »

Any word on that Knight class revamp you so deviously teased us with?

Psilous

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: December 13, 2015, 09:18:48 AM »

My vote is for a couple more stations or outposts. I may even go in and add them myself. I'm getting tired of the faction relations leaving me in the middle of nowhere without any way of resupplying, it really is starting to destroy any ability to run a strategy. Maybe an out post in Habrisil or something.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: December 13, 2015, 11:25:48 AM »

I do run Starsector on a quite low-end computer, but I've noticed Gneiss is by far the hardest system for me to load. On entering a jump point the game pauses for 3-5sec and it's common for me to CTD as I enter, I assume from being out of memory. I'm not sure what specifically about Gneiss causes this as it doesn't seem to have much more to it when compared to other systems except perhaps the way Blackrock and its nearby objects are all chained to one market.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: December 13, 2015, 12:23:28 PM »

Knight is still being worked on, albeit slowly.

I do run Starsector on a quite low-end computer, but I've noticed Gneiss is by far the hardest system for me to load. On entering a jump point the game pauses for 3-5sec and it's common for me to CTD as I enter, I assume from being out of memory. I'm not sure what specifically about Gneiss causes this as it doesn't seem to have much more to it when compared to other systems except perhaps the way Blackrock and its nearby objects are all chained to one market.

That is really strange. ??? I'm going to look into it.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: December 13, 2015, 12:32:33 PM »

Do you also use Scy or Shadowyard, and in that case do you have the same problem in their systems? It could come from the high rez ring textures we use.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: December 13, 2015, 01:43:08 PM »

Do you also use Scy or Shadowyard, and in that case do you have the same problem in their systems? It could come from the high rez ring textures we use.

I don't at the moment, but I'll shuffle things around to check in a few minutes.

EDIT: I experience a drop in frame rate when passing through the fluffy ring in Acharon, but otherwise it and Tartarus behave normally (curse SCY's systems spawning on the edges of space!). I jumped into Gneiss again to check that having different mods loaded (I disabled Tiandong and Imperium to enable SCY) wouldn't change the result, and it crashed on me. :P Given the log's spam about JPEG, I'm guessing it does have to do with a texture, but I'm the opposite of an expert. It appears to be the same log that came about the previous times it crashed, I just never saved it until now as I'm sadly used to running out of memory.

Spoiler
143252 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.imageio.IIOException: Insufficient memory (case 4)
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.imageio.IIOException: Insufficient memory (case 4)
   at com.fs.starfarer.util.ReplaceableSprite.update(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BackgroundAndStars.renderBG(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.renderBG(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.renderBG(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javax.imageio.IIOException: Insufficient memory (case 4)
   at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.readImage(Native Method)
   at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.readInternal(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.read(Unknown Source)
   at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(Unknown Source)
   at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   ... 10 more
[close]

EDIT2: Now I'm kinda embarrassed; turns out I thought "Fear machine" from Exigency (which I have due to MusicLib) was a Blackrock song. But, I do still enjoy hanging out on the market screen of a Blackrock post to listen to that music, too.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 03:43:19 PM by OOZ662 »
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: December 13, 2015, 10:35:33 PM »

When will blackrock work in Corvus Mode with Nexerelin?

I miss this faction

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: December 14, 2015, 08:22:03 AM »

^ Next patch.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: December 14, 2015, 09:09:55 AM »

I seem cursed to always have the last post on a page when I intend to go back and edit it. :-\ So, just noting that my post on the last page has some more details, if you're interested and hadn't seen it. If other people aren't experiencing it, it's probably not a big deal; I'm running the game on a formerly-polished turd, after all.

Mudanzas Valencia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • mudanzas valencia
« Reply #1918 on: December 14, 2015, 07:44:07 PM »

the diptheron fighter wing recovery rate is 0.25%? way too low? forget a decimal?

if error, what is it supposed to be? so i can mod it myself and keep using them.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:45:52 PM by Question »
si desea un presupuesto para su hogar o negocio
http://www.mudanzasvalemcia.com
Sus muebles, así como nuestra reputación en Valencia, tu empresa de mudanzas economicas.

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: December 15, 2015, 12:06:08 AM »

Check to make sure you don't have more fighter wings than flight decks, that can cause huge slowdown in fighter CR recovery.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 209