Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 754 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 480 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 477 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1424

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790293 times)

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.8.0
« Reply #1875 on: December 08, 2015, 12:58:44 PM »

The new Locust feels like a weird fusion of the Lasher and the Wolf. I like it for what it is now, but is there any chance there will be a ship with the old Spark Drive. It was pretty cool, and nice for dodging enemy projectiles/missiles (if a bit annoying to fight against).

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: December 08, 2015, 03:02:15 PM »

Not sure if your mod of SS+ but whenever I take a commission with Blackrock I keep getting yelled at for not being hostile to "Knights of Ludd". I'm hostile to both displayed Ludd factions (church and path) so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong here.  Will post in SS+ as well.
It is a bug with Nexe. Look there for help

Don't have Nexe installed, will check to see if fix still relevant.

I see something about commenting out lines of code, but as I don't have Nexerline installed I'm not sure how that'll help. I have BRDY, Interstellar Imperium, LazyLib, MusicLib, Neutrion, ShaderLib, and SS+ installed.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:08:23 PM by ciago92 »

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: December 08, 2015, 03:12:36 PM »

Hmm yeah, the Eschaton wasn't supposed to have such a high burnspeed. Going to fix that in the next update, and do some more combat testing.
:]
Hehe, was wondering if some people would find it jarring compared to the softer old sfx (which has been in there since 2013 after all)
i like the new ones, but i think i still liked the old ones more.

Don't have Nexe installed, will check to see if fix still relevant.
do you have the latest (3rd) vanilla hotfix installed? i think there was something about the Knights of Ludd in the notes.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1878 on: December 09, 2015, 06:10:58 AM »

While you're changing things, Corvus mode compatibility for Nexerelin (see the thread OP for mod plugin details) would be nice.

hunters1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: December 09, 2015, 05:29:19 PM »

cant tell which mod is causing it if any but BDY patrols keep chasing me saying i dont have my transponder on when i do
EDIT: i think this is a base game bug because it only happened to that one fleet and never again
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:42:15 PM by hunters1 »

174gjc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: December 09, 2015, 08:19:00 PM »

Hey Cycerin- do I still have your permission to post my edit of your mod here? (It now includes one kitbash of your old Stormcrow sprite into a new ship that looks like this:

)

I just wanted to check, as I don't know if you would consider that sprite up to your stringent quality control standards. I would not want to publish a derivative work without your permission.

For those interested in some old sprites, two of these sprites are old ones Cycerin never used, and one is a kitbash:
http://imgur.com/a/29jO2

174gjc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: December 09, 2015, 08:20:59 PM »

I might downsize it as well, seems to have a few artifacts on the edges that I don't particularly like.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: December 09, 2015, 08:58:19 PM »

I don't care, but why do you go like

Hey Cycerin- do I still have your permission to post my edit of your mod here?
I just wanted to check, as I don't know if you would consider that sprite up to your stringent quality control standards. I would not want to publish a derivative work without your permission.

in the same post where you're posting it, after posting about this several times prior, rather than PMing me first. Strikes me as a kind of pointless gesture

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: December 09, 2015, 09:52:08 PM »

cant tell which mod is causing it if any but BDY patrols keep chasing me saying i dont have my transponder on when i do
EDIT: i think this is a base game bug because it only happened to that one fleet and never again

You can't just turning off and then turning back on transponders right under their eyes. Of course they would tell you to turn on transponders at all times.

hunters1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: December 10, 2015, 09:37:26 AM »

when using commision from BDY i keep losing points for not being hostile with knights of ludd is this because BDY still has them on their list even tho their not in the game anymore? or because the base game still has it in the code even if they dont exist? cant keep them capped out at 100 because of this

shuul

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: December 10, 2015, 02:45:27 PM »

That is very strange, I love every aspect of this faction, but there is only one thing why I really play as member of it in Nexerelin.... its music...

Spoiler
offtopick: BRDY - have no idea why it reminded me, but if you like anime, watch Birdy the Mighty
[close]

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: December 10, 2015, 02:50:05 PM »

Blackrock has my favorite music of any of the mods I've used. At least if it hasn't changed since the 0.65 version.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

174gjc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: December 10, 2015, 05:42:30 PM »

That's not exactly what I meant, I intended to get your permission to post the actual ship with the others in a playable format.

Next time I will PM you first with the sprite.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: December 11, 2015, 05:07:54 AM »

You can go ahead and post it, I just don't see the point in being unsure about it when I already told you I was fine with the whole thing last time.

when using commision from BDY i keep losing points for not being hostile with knights of ludd is this because BDY still has them on their list even tho their not in the game anymore? or because the base game still has it in the code even if they dont exist? cant keep them capped out at 100 because of this

This is a bug with the core game. I believe SS+ fixes it.

Blackrock has my favorite music of any of the mods I've used. At least if it hasn't changed since the 0.65 version.

Ahh, thanks. That means a lot to me.

On a different note, anyone tried the Morpheus yet?

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: December 11, 2015, 10:11:29 AM »

I had to cheat it in (removed 400k from my bank while I did it to be a little fair) because I couldn't find one and really wanted to try it out. Upgraded from a Desdinova.

Well, what can I say, the ship delivers. Bounties that I had a lot of trouble with the Desd are now much, much easier. Reminds me of the earlier days of the Imaginos. It is also surprisingly tough, I got in situations that I was sure I was going to end up dead but they didn't even take half the hull, I guess the Nano armor really is doing wonders.

I'm running it with SO too, not sure if it is wise but it is how I'm running pretty much every ship that isn't a cruiser. The slots are used up by two AM Blasters on the front and two missile mounts on the far sides (Harpoons at the moment, but will upgrade to Clarents since I'm running Templars).

I don't use the laser a lot though. I mean, it's good, but the homing lasers are so effective that I can take targets from a distance without risking myself (though the 50% resistance is very helpful). I even installed that prism system to increase the range of the beam but I still use it sparingly.

I also got it at a high level already (~40) so I'm unsure how it fares at lower levels, but then again it will always take some good time to find this ship.

Overall the ship delivers in what I've come to expect from BRDY: a fun and different playstyle.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:13:16 AM by Cyan Leader »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 209