Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 755 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 481 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 478 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1425

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790662 times)

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.5
« Reply #975 on: January 23, 2014, 11:09:50 AM »

That's only in the hands of a player though, the AI's still abysmal at utilizing any high mobility ships (my many, many replaced Desdinova's from console command addship will attest to that) though at least this one can't overload in the hands of the AI :U

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 23, 2014, 11:42:04 AM »

Damn Gothars, well played. :)

Well, this is a dev version and I've had some thoughts similar to what Gothars brought up. Kinda hard to balance it though because it has both extreme mobility and extreme short-range firepower. If I give it less HP it also becomes highly liable to dying to exploding ships. I think that maybe giving it a tad less armor and replacing some universal slots with missile slots could do it.

I could also give it less PD, but that kinda makes it frustrating. I guess the lamest (and most effective) solution is to just smack a really strict CR timer on it. When the hullmod repairs you, CR ticks down, too, so I've given it a rather gracious timer to make up for that, but I could change it. You'd still get to go on a complete rampage until it ticks down, and it's not exactly the hardest ship to retreat when you enter malfunction levels (so long as the Deracinator doesn't go offline)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:47:06 AM by Cycerin »

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 23, 2014, 12:25:13 PM »

You could make the shields go up instantly after a teleport; that'd allow it to be pretty fragile but survive bum-rushing right next to a ship and causing a detonation.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Dragar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 23, 2014, 01:02:56 PM »

Honestly the Imaginos is fine, pretty much any somewhat good ship is a *** wreaker in the hands of the player. Like the hyperion or any of the damage geared phase ships, or pretty much any cruiser or destroyer once you get up there in combat level. Though in the hands of the AI high mobility low armor ships tend to die often because the AI has a problem with combat venting, to the point where I pretty much never give the AI control over the Imaginos, Destinova, Nevermore or Asura. Hell even Karkinos's tend to end up exploding if I don't put the range boosting mod on them.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 23, 2014, 01:50:21 PM »

I think that maybe giving it a tad less armor and replacing some universal slots with missile slots could do it.

Sounds good, and maybe you could increase the main weapons damage somewhat, while decreasing its fire frequency (or ammo) drastically. That way it would be more of a capital ship headhunter, concentrating its missiles and main weapon on a few worthy targets' weakpoints, instead of jumping all over the place and engaging every target of opportunity with full force.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 23, 2014, 03:10:24 PM »

I'm gonna try that and make the deracinator actually build some flux again too.

You could make the shields go up instantly after a teleport; that'd allow it to be pretty fragile but survive bum-rushing right next to a ship and causing a detonation.
It's a shieldless ship, though, that's why it's a problem in the first place. Unless there is some way to create a puppet shield that only exists momentarily?

The Imaginos is great fun, but may be a little too much even under AI control...

Oh dear, other shieldless ships are kinda food for it...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:14:03 PM by Cycerin »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 23, 2014, 03:15:22 PM »

Oh boy... xD

That video was amazing! I might need to bump up imaginos' rarity to the roof in UsS though.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 23, 2014, 03:31:46 PM »

Oh dear, other shieldless ships are kinda food for it...

Hey they deflected a few Rift Cannon shots :)

Dragar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 23, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »

That just makes me wonder what the Hyperion would be like with Blackrock weaponry, and yeah other shieldless ships are food for it because sunjets ruin armor.(and that new weapon too from the looks of it) Hence why when I roll the BRDY frigate doom fleet I give all the ships at least one Sunjet. Its pretty funny. Till a bunch of em explode because they did something stupid. Though yeah lowing the armor a little bit so that its even more of a glass cannon would probably be good.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:05:40 AM by Dragar »

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 24, 2014, 08:20:31 AM »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32517861/Blackrock%20Drive%20Yards.zip

Imaginos changes:
- Changed two Universal slots to missile slots, adjusted variants accordingly (Please reset missions)
- Decreased armor and hull
- Decreased max speed
- Increased agility
- Increased flux cost of Deracinator activation
- Slighly longer Deracinator chargeup
- Slightly slower Deracinator recharge

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 25, 2014, 01:09:30 PM »

It's a shieldless ship, though, that's why it's a problem in the first place. Unless there is some way to create a puppet shield that only exists momentarily?
No, but you could set damage to the ship to nearly-zero for that frame that it's active, instead.  Should work.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 25, 2014, 03:12:44 PM »

I've been trying out the Asura this morning and I notice that the Weapon Flux/sec entry in the Refit screen shows -50000 plus my actual flux/sec.

Side-effect of how the Flux Ejector is coded. Should probably be fixable somehow, but I haven't looked at it yet.

No, but you could set damage to the ship to nearly-zero for that frame that it's active, instead.  Should work.

This seems to already be the case, at least a lot of the time. It's not 100% guaranteed, though. Either way I think I overestimated how problematic this might be.

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 28, 2014, 12:08:01 AM »

I can 2nd that issue with the equip and unequip of ship mods. However...
I feel it's balanced just fine. The only thing I'd do is make it more expensive so you can't get it as early. I'm fine with balancing but please by no means nerf the fun that is the IMAGINOS. I like to have the enemy too distracted with my other ships to notice the imaginos's mayhem. However if I were to just deploy it by itself it can get overwhelmed very easily. I must say I'm a bit biased, but then again, atm Blackrock is the only faction I play. So I need to try fighting against blackrock with other ships to see the other side of the fence. Man I love these ships...
Spoiler

[close]

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 29, 2014, 05:12:59 AM »

Hmm, no, I agree with a lot of Pesci's points. I think a little less Deracinator damage and a little toned-down flux stats, along with another slight armor nerf and a price hike, should keep the ship in line.

As for the phase damage, it's just something that's always been a bug with the system. Easy to add a little code to prevent it.

I've had a cold the past week and a half, so I've been taking a break from modding. Haven't gotten to write a changelog and actually officially release yet... then again, it's nice to get some feedback to spend more time polishing the Imaginos, so I don't mind that much in the end.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:15:09 AM by Cycerin »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 209