Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 754 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 480 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 477 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1424

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790583 times)

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a UPDATE!] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.42
« Reply #750 on: November 07, 2013, 04:26:16 AM »

oh so it hadn't left concept stages.... :-[. It is something you'd need a enormous amount of inspiration and effort to generate from scratch...aka...what you just said. Thanks for the reply. The Gneiss monsters still would be a cool idea if you ever felt inclined. I find it interesting that you mention whims and such as if you forgot you were the one that mentioned the idea in the first place. Still =D I love your work and Thank you for sharing!

Reference: (Just so it doesn't look like I just pulled that out of no where and completely offtopic).
Spoiler
I'll probably end up implementing bonuses based on hull size for the Flux Core.

Anyway, having some fun doodling up and solidifying the space monsters. Gneiss is very empty right now. I'm pretty sure Verge will be teeming with weird creepy crawlies down the road for recruits to shoot down the stragglers that escape.

Beyond that, I'll throw in some temporary pirate presence when I do the bugfix/balance patch.

(yes, it's a space monster-nevermore)

What do we know about the void beasts?
- They are cellular, but not organic. Organization on the lowest level is nanomechanical.
- They seem to be completely self-sufficient, highly aggressive, internally competitive and predatory, with a keen interest in sapient or sophont lifeforms.
- They are motile, cunning, and capable of adaption, but do not show any capacity to communicate or form complex behaviors ( Note: ? ? ? ? ? ? have propensity for long-term organization on the level of ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?.)
- Land or atmosphere-based pseudolife size range stretches from microscopic to 20-30m in length.
- Space-capable pseudolife can reach sizes rivalling capital ships - Dimension-tunnelling pseudolife can reach sizes rivalling ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
[close]
Spoiler

[close]

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 07, 2013, 12:43:41 PM »

Blackrock has successfully developed a military-grade, destroyer-sized phase cloak. Look out for the Asura-class Monitor in the future!

While the phase cloak is inefficient, the ship design compensates: on each flank of the vessel, three prominent capacitors can store excess flux. In a pinch, the capacitors can then be shut off from the reactor circuit and ejected into space, allowing an instant drop in hard flux. This allows the ship to pump out lethal amounts of damage if unchecked, thanks to its built-in Linear Pulse Cannon.
maybe blackrock could sign a contract with neutrino to create a phase ring
It works with capitals and cruisers!

No...everything you want is something that has a ridiculous amount of weapon slots, ordinance points, and is just plainly too good, why do you suggest such ridiculous ships in every mod thread?

first of all, im still getting used to the mod thread but Im leaving you'll be happy to know
Everybody is creative at some point of their life.
Second of all you are extremely rude to people you dont like and want them to leave anyway
So think before you say, I have had enough, I take all my ridiculous ideas back, Im just a nobody in this forum anyway, so happy days!
The Good old bloody mod forums are safe because My 'evil ' reign is over, middle finger to you.
Also, If you look back, all my ideas are gone, so good for you, I dont fill this place up
So to add it all up, you are a horrible person who has just made a commited forum dweller to leave.

Hope your happy.

Oh look, I can talk!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:02:20 PM by GGMC »

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 07, 2013, 02:45:43 PM »

Blackrock has successfully developed a military-grade, destroyer-sized phase cloak. Look out for the Asura-class Monitor in the future!

While the phase cloak is inefficient, the ship design compensates: on each flank of the vessel, three prominent capacitors can store excess flux. In a pinch, the capacitors can then be shut off from the reactor circuit and ejected into space, allowing an instant drop in hard flux. This allows the ship to pump out lethal amounts of damage if unchecked, thanks to its built-in Linear Pulse Cannon.
maybe blackrock could sign a contract with neutrino to create a phase ring
It works with capitals and cruisers!

No...everything you want is something that has a ridiculous amount of weapon slots, ordinance points, and is just plainly too good, why do you suggest such ridiculous ships in every mod thread?

first of all, im still getting used to the mod thread but Im leaving you'll be happy to know
Everybody is creative at some point of their life.
Second of all you are extremely rude to people you dont like and want them to leave anyway
So think before you say, I have had enough, I take all my ridiculous ideas back, Im just a nobody in this forum anyway, so happy days!
The Good old bloody mod forums are safe because My 'evil ' reign is over, middle finger to you.
Also, If you look back, all my ideas are gone, so good for you, I dont fill this place up
So to add it all up, you are a horrible person who has just made a commited forum dweller to leave.

Hope your happy.

Oh look, I can talk!

I don't want you to go away I would honestly rather you make your own mod as opposed to asking other "Vanilla" balanced mod makers to make it so, I honestly I don't think I came off too rough or mean, I asked a legit question.  But you can tweak the files and add OP points if you need to.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 07, 2013, 02:57:19 PM »

Both of you stop derailing the thread. ::) I agree that GGMC should start modding.

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 07, 2013, 04:01:35 PM »

Both of you stop derailing the thread. ::) I agree that GGMC should start modding.

Speaking of the thread, when is the next version going to be out so i can play around with that carrier?

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 07, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »

Ooo, I know the answer to that one!

"When it's done."

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 07, 2013, 05:53:17 PM »

I refuse to let the mod take priority over my exams, so yeah, when it's done.

NanoMatter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 07, 2013, 06:36:36 PM »

By any chance does anyone have 0.54a version?

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 08, 2013, 08:39:07 AM »

I refuse to let the mod take priority over my exams, so yeah, when it's done.

Good on you, and good luck with those exams.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 08, 2013, 08:59:07 AM »

I love this mod. I keep playing it with Exelerin ( just to my annoyance, the battlecruiser and battleship never seem to appear in my stations! D: )

To wonder if more ship type will be available soon? Sure, after when you are done with your real life! :D

Sproiet

• Ensign
  • My advice to you is keep being who you are
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 08, 2013, 06:17:36 PM »

Alright so I've seen a Karkinos...but....I had a sector to myself. Zap did say that capitals and super cruisers show up when you own a whole sector to your faction.

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 08, 2013, 06:19:05 PM »

Alright so I've seen a Karkinos...but....I had a sector to myself. Zap did say that capitals and super cruisers show up when you own a whole sector to your faction.

Well *** xD

I'm used to play with only one sector. With 21 planets 10 belts and 35 stations with all the compatible factions xD

<_<

>_>

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 09, 2013, 02:54:39 PM »

Resupply is entirely random. I don't really know much about how Zaphide handles it in Exerelin, but the baseline mod uses a randomized approach. The first ship to Gneiss could have a Karkinos in it or it could have three Robberflies and some Shredders. :P This is obviously not a satisfactory approach for the long haul, but it's how it works in vanilla, too.

While I finish up the patch, here's the retouched Gonodactylus (check out the frontal turret and extra missile turret) and a little fluff.

"Havin' this big laugh about becoming destroyer crew, are we? All fired up about the "shrimp clause" - how the IA won't let an independent contractor captain anything higher than a 3rd or 4th generation Gonodactylus?

Yeah, it gets a bad rep 'cause kids like you look at it and see where your ambitions end, but you're thankless. I lost mine when we got ambushed by a Tri-Tach phase group. I drifted back into a Yardie patrol clamped to half a piece of a turret module. Heatsinks all handling my suit's load through physical contact... all in an induced coma, should've died in the blowout... but here I am. Then there was an old helmsman I talked to on Lodestone, deep in his cups... told me about how he was wrecked in a belt somewhere deep into the nest. He'd opened the main console, poked around for a day and found still-active survey programs that worked with the main sensors. Found himself a hollow asteroid, some old privateer hideout - few rotten suits with bones in them, weeks of rations, and a dry nano-kiln. It kept him alive until they saw the beacon. You get my point? These things are one-of-a-kind. Blackrock wants to keep us in them for good reasons: they work, and they last, and you try to find me a shield that won't throw sparks trying to stop a Hammerclaw. What would you idiots do on the comm bridge of a Nevermore? Paint the view screens with anti-static?

It's a special machine. Tow cables became boarding latches, survey sensors turned into targeting arrays - but they kept the armored crew quarters, impact-proof drive assemblies, and the Mark IV Asteroid Impactor. They kept the cozy hab nexus and the rugged cargo holds and the conveyor belts in the main bay. It's all a big joke. Three cruddy rock handlers, stitched together and upgraded for a hundred years, and it's still better than Domain tech. So you fools start counting chips to the day you're Shrimp crew.

And no, we don't get too attached to the **** things."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:07:34 PM by Cycerin »

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 09, 2013, 04:03:53 PM »

My god, it's beautiful.

You've got a touch for descriptive writing - that last piece of fluff feels like an excerpt from the front page of a good sci-fi novel.

Hope you spend some time on more long-form descriptions like that!

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 09, 2013, 06:13:50 PM »

Thanks a lot. I find writing is hard to get a grip on, sometimes it feels like you've written the most ridiculous thing in the world and then the next day when you read it again, it flows well and paints images in your head.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 209